StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• I have a 2" and a 3" coming, it's a lottery which is black chrome and which is gold as i didn't specify. If it fits it's yours mate. I do have stocks of the 2" kits in brass though.

We are not currently talking about more complex controllers. The hurdles are great and we are prioritizing our sourcing.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited October 2015

New Alloy sightglass samples are on the way to me now after some redesign. They look pretty good and the gold ones in the colour look like they'll match the existing brass ones pretty well. I'm really looking forward to seeing if the black i chose came up as the finish i want.

We're looking at producing another colour too to start with, we favour red but thought i'd throw it out for opinions?

1.jpg
    600 x 798 - 45K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 41K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 53K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Good looking!!!

Guessing the black is bottom left in the color palette?

• yep, hopefully. The colours are not the pic the factory offered me, but one i found on the web.

• Wow. Those look good. Smaug?

• Black and red as default colors here. We'll do some of the brass too

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited October 2015

Sightglass kit samples are here and they are even better than i'd hoped. They are perfect. The black chrome colour has to be seen in the flesh to be really appreciated and the gold stands out like nothing else.
    Very similar to what the brass ones look like when they are polished.

No kidding, the pictures don't do these justice.
    Black ones are 3" on a 5" tee, gold 2" on a 4" tee.

We'll be getting pricing on these in the next few days and i will be placing an order this week or next week. Hopefully i can get some expressed.

@ElectricEd said: I like the brass because of it pearl diver look. At the moment I have 8 bubbletees but want to add another 4. :(

I'll send the gold one down to you mate and you can make up your own mind about whether they will fit with your others.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 56K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 46K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 53K

• edited October 2015

Still a pearl diver look, just not like it's been dragged out of the water though. B-)

5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 43K
    6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 45K

• Feck! Those look great. Smaug are you going to get any of the gold colored ones?

• Yes we will stock the gold, red and black

• @Smaug said: Yes we will stock the gold, red and black

:D

• :D

• Those black ones look awesome.

• Yeah they both look fantastic. I've had that tee with the black one sitting on the table next to me for a couple days and keep getting my eyes drawn to it.

Had a customer ask me about the resistance to alcohol of the alloy today, i'd like to repeat that the design of the SGK's means that nothing but the inner silicon O'ring and the glass lens are exposed to the distillate. The aluminium, stainless or brass are just there to clamp the glass to the tee and it's impossible for them to contact the distillate or they would leak.

• I want to put one of those on the tail of my PC before the reducer/parrot.

Just to have one

• I just want an extra plate at the top of my stainless SGK's with a black SGK to make it look nice. :)

• @grim said: I want to put one of those on the tail of my PC before the reducer/parrot.

Just to have one

that is a cool idea!

• edited October 2015

I'm sorry, having watched Despicable Me and the sequel about 200 times with my 2 year old, I can not look at a sight glass tee without thinking it's a welding helmet for a minion.

minionssssss.jpg
    800 x 662 - 65K
  • =D>

• edited October 2015

Ok, running out the last two boilers as the new models are on the way. $200 off a 200l or a 380l. One each only. The new models will come with a price increase so these have to go.

First in best dressed.

380 Litre boiler RUNOUT 1 ONLY @ StillDragon Australia

200 Litre Boiler RUNOUT 1 ONLY @ StillDragon Australia

• 200l boiler is sold folks. 1X 380 l left.

• edited October 2015

Cheap Alcometer @ StillDragon Australia

Some alcometers back in stock. The DragonFire ones will be in my next order around xmas time, but these look pretty good.

• edited October 2015

Latest news on my big shipment from China is Monday delivery. If i could have a couple days to unpack and check off i'll get the inventory listed up on the site as soon as possible. There will be a couple items that are going up in price as our quality has improved and some going down in price as we are not paying the large sums for sourcing that we were before.

• @punkin said: Latest news on my big shipment from China is Monday delivery. If i could have a couple days to unpack and check off i'll get the inventory listed up on the site as soon as possible. There will be a couple items that are going up in price as our quality has improved and some going down in price as we are not paying the large sums for sourcing that we were before.

Love to see some pictures of the new stock.

• The order arrived late yesterday, i'm slowly updating the site over the next couple of days, so if you have been waiting on some things keep your eyes peeled.

I know a lot of people have been waiting on the gin baskets and i haven't got to them yet. Stock will go very quickly so keep your eyes peeled on these. I don't expect them to last the day once updated. More stock will be coming around xmas time for these.

Pricing has been interesting. I have never updated the pricing to reflect the huge difference in the exchange rate from when i first put it up when we getting a US dollar for every AU dollar spent. It now costs me very close to $1.50 to buy a greenback.
    The funny thing is that most pricing has stayed the same as our sourcing levy is a lot cheaper than it was, some things the price has dropped pretty dramatically, like push connects etc and some things have had price increases like copper and tees.

The amazing thing that i can see from the last few shipments is the increase in quality. We no longer accept lower quality for lower pricing and focus on getting best quality we can at lowest prices we can. The difference is subtle but profound. To hold one of the new Procaps (or any of the copper) in your hand versus the older production is to really appreciate it.
    Things like rims caps and stainless TC pipe are a leap above what we stocked in the past. The tees are immaculate.

• Pretty much all the stock has been updated now, i just have to take some photos of the new products.

The new condensors will all be fitted with triclamp connections here on in and new stock prices have the two clamps, gaskets and threaded TC adaptors included in the price. This is another improvement in quality over threaded connections as it's impossible for the factory to polish threads on the condensors.
    These condensors are very nice indeed.

I still have some old stock ones, so email if you want some runout pricing on the old stock.

Gin baskets are up on the site now, they came with an extra 2" port for some reason, may be handy for people, may not.

For those emailing about Dash systems etc all is restocked on the site now. 4" CD's are in my next order around xmas, but 5" are in stock now.

I'll put some photos up of some of the new stock during the day.

• Sounds good punkin, are the triclover water connections on the new condensers 1/2 or 3/4

• edited November 2015

They are 3/4 TC, i've never stocked 1/2" clamps or ferules and not sure they make them. The pipe is probably 1/2" if that's what you mean?

I think it's a real step forward for us and something i have been pushing for.

2inchcondensors1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K
    3-4adaptorthreaded1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K