StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• edited January 2016

No so good for guys on gas. Would have thought that a prv would have provision for piping to release to a safe zone. :-? Would ethanol vapour release around a still pass saftey standards in a pro setting, even for those with internal elements.... :-?

• you just pipe the whole thing outside, right?

• edited January 2016

@meatheadinc said: No so good for guys on gas. Would have thought that a prv would have provision for piping to release to a safe zone. :-? Would ethanol vapour release around a still pass saftey standards in a pro setting, even for those with internal elements.... :-?

Wouldn't you just put the PRV on the end of the piping?

Do you have a picture of the one you have in mind? i may be able to source it for you.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• My thoughts would be, the extra piping would attach after the valvle.. then any cheap heat proof synthetic could be used for venting.
    Some thing like a "plumbed back " turbo blow off valve. The valve isnt cheap..... then the need for more ( possibably very long ) triclamp extention make the price exorbitant. Anything after the valve surface i dont feel needs to be sainitary.

• edited January 2016

@punkin said: Do you have a picture of the one you have in mind? i may be able to source it for you.

this is a pic of some plumb back turbo blow off valves. the release comes out the elbow where tubing can be attached.

I am not in the market for one atm but believe that this would be a better option

PlumbBack2.jpg
    340 x 340 - 17K
  • That's what I was thinking too.
    Having the valve seat at the boiler means it should clean during the CIP cycle too.
    Hygienic PRV's with seat lifters are insanely expensive though.

• I suggested those on HD and got shot down :))

• That's the sanitary approach, no seals to fail, problem is they are damn expensive for what they are.

• Sure, for a certified one. How about some light gauge foil in a tri joint vented to the roof?

• I can get bursting discs, i've sourced them before. Unfortunately they don't retail for under $200, probably three times that for a solvent resistant 2" one.

If you want resettable ones you can double or triple that.

Let me know what you need and how many @jacksonbrown of any other prv besides the ones i stock that don't suit and i will get you pricing?

In the mean time for those these do suit, they are in stock. #:-S

I can source pretty much anything people want, i try to offer the lowest price i can. If one item doesn't suit let me know and i'll see if i can get something else that will.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @jacksonbrown said: Sure, for a certified one. How about some light gauge foil in a tri joint vented to the roof?

I think I asked that before and wanted to see if anyone had tried aluminum foil in a tri clamp...

But on the PRV, you either have to plumb outside before the valve(works with the SD pictured one) or plumb outside after the valve, which involves more expense... why add more expense?

• @CothermanDistilling make up a section of tri clamp tube install foil on one end and pressure it up with a compressor see where she blows... :D easy enough

• I would say a compressor would not be advisable for such a small volume, a hand bicycle pump, maybe... I don't have time to run my still to make vodka and gin, experiments are far, far down on the list...

• @CothermanDistilling said: I would say a compressor would not be advisable for such a small volume, a hand bicycle pump, maybe... I don't have time to run my still to make vodka and gin, experiments are far, far down on the list...

There's worse things!

• We had some quality issues on a couple of the baskets in the last lot of GB4's. We have replacement baskets just arrived and we are now sourcing from a better supplier. if anyone got baskets that weren't up to scratch in the xmas batch of GB4's let me know via PM or email and i'll sort you out replacements.

• edited January 2016

Electric parrots are now listed on the Australian site. We have limited stock but plenty more coming in a few weeks.

Electric Parrot Full Kit @ StillDragon Australia

• Hey do the 30l turbo kettles come with the adaptor to mount a 2" pot still to it? Thinking as it has a concealed element I could small batch gin/ouzo etc (also be good to use as a hlt) any idea on postage to 3012? Or am I on the wrong track my 50l boiler is great ( starting to be small for my big runs) but too big for playing with small volumes as I need about 15L to keep elements covered :s

• I get them from Keg King mate and sell them for their retail price, i don't make money on them and have just been stocking them as a convenience for people. I'm more likely to discontinue them as they actually cost me money to stock and if you order more than $200 as a retail customer from keg king you get free shipping ;)

• Ahh perfect might have to go have a look at kegking then and sort an adaptor after :) cheers

• Yep, the adaptors are our design and unless some lowlife has copied them and added our pricing L-) as usual they are not available any where else in the world.

• Electric parrots now back in stock, with a price reduction no less. :D ;;)

• New shipment hit the warehouse today. All new glass so the 4" Crystal Dragons will be back in stock for all those who have been waiting.

Please give me a couple days to unpack the 5 pallets and fill the backorders i have and i'll update the stuff that's been out of stock on the website early next week.

• edited February 2016

Getting to the bottom of it all now, the Go-Fast SGK's look brilliant.

I am incredibly impressed with the new glass we have sourced, the flame cut edges look fantastic and have eliminated the edge chipping that was prominent before. There are no waves or slides in the lenses and they are now round as can be. All in all a 100% improvement in quality at the same low price.

imageimage

They seem to have a slight smoky look to them which is very sexy.

2" alloy SGK's are in stock now in Black Chrome or Gold and the mirror polish on the gold looks fantastic although it would be a hard choice as well with the black chrome finish.

Lots of other new stock including a few Gin Basket kits and some spare baskets.

New condensors are a work of art with exceptional mirror finish and polishing on the ends.

I'll update stock over the weekend and have all backorders not yet shipped ready by early next week. If you have ordered and haven't heard from me before then please give me a hoi.

3inchsgkred1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 90K
    4inchglass2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K
    4inchglass1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 57K
    2inchsgk1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K

• @punkin mate that glassware looks great did you get any in the 2" ?

• yep, still have some old stock though....

• Nice!

Makes my brass ones look like a T model Ford next to a Lamborghini.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• But, I kinda dig the steam punkishness of mine...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited February 2016

We had some gin baskets made from mesh that was too heavy which gave them a larger diameter than could be used in our GB4's. Fortunately these fit Australian copper A grade pipe perfectly, so if there are some home builders out there looking for a basket solution these are your ticket.

Once they are gone they won't be back and there are ten only.

Gin Basket to Suit Copper Pipe, 4" @ StillDragon Australia

ginbasketforcopper1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 103K

• This would fit perfectly in a NW100 Stainless Steel tube. ID 100 / OD 104.