StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• Always raising the bar. What I like about you guys.

• edited May 2015

I keep getting asked about yeast for you guys, and while i am not keen to fill my beer fridge up with yeast packs i have been offered some high performance wine yeast similar to 1118 at a semi reasonable price. It comes in 10kg packs so would be split into 500gm blocks here and vaccuum packed in cryovac bags (not manufacturers packaging). I can do it in the manufacturers packaging, but it is nearly twice the cost.

Just a gauge for interest, who would be interested in a house yeast at say $45 a 500gm brick?

This would be ideal for neutral washes, fruit or sugar washes and also suitable for ujsm, rum etc.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I would be interested in half a k at that price.

• I would be down for more yeast :)

Also wanting 4 of your Sight Glass Kit, Brass 3" to replace my triclamps when will they be back in stock?

After a 4" packed section and another complete 4inch bubble tee, so I can run a better quality neutral ummm I can easily flood my current setup would a Procap bubble tee be of benefit to my current setup? (not wanting to replace my other plates at this stage)

Need to get you to quote freight for me as well (living in Fawkner) was looking at order on payday (15th) but will hold off till you have stock so I can just do the one freight cost

• I'll be interested in a bag or two.

• @Clickeral said: I would be down for more yeast :)

Also wanting 4 of your Sight Glass Kit, Brass 3" to replace my triclamps when will they be back in stock?

After a 4" packed section and another complete 4inch bubble tee, so I can run a better quality neutral ummm I can easily flood my current setup would a Procap bubble tee be of benefit to my current setup? (not wanting to replace my other plates at this stage)

Need to get you to quote freight for me as well (living in Fawkner) was looking at order on payday (15th) but will hold off till you have stock so I can just do the one freight cost

I have an order in with China now for more sight glass kits and some other items i am running low on, stay tuned for news on those. We are investigating some alternative materials as well to add to the lineup. The China order will be a month or two away before it's assembled and shipped via sea freight.

I'm not sure what benefit a single procap plate would be, maybe @sadi or someone else has tried it at higher power levels?

Fawkner is not classed as remote by tnt so no extra charges there. Just choose 'quote me' when you order and i will invoice the freight at cost.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin I may just get the packed section and a 4" complete tee on payday, once the new sight glasses come in I'll order them :)

Any idea on the best place to get stainless steel wool from and a rough idea on how much I would need?

Cheers

• I've had the busiest last few weeks in the store ever. Seems like everyone in Australia and half of New Zealand has waited until now to order a new still or upgrade their old one.

This has led to a stock issue and although i have things like parrots and plates coming in express, and a large sea freight consignment following, i am out of stock on some of these items now.

Sightglass kits are out of stock until the sea freight arrives, i hadn't realised how low i was getting. I do have some stock of the screw in lens style so if that's your thing then all good. Otherwise i can supply Dashes with clamped lenses until the SGK's arrive.

Thanks to my customers for the support, it's been a busy month or two. =D>

• How much would it cost to drop ship 4 3" sight glass kits to my door haha Though i am considering getting a screw lens complete tee as a substitute, the Clamps I have atm are fine but I want to move away from them.

• Good to see business as usual, BTW where are those shit hot Copper/SS stills?! I have a few $$$ to spend but I am waiting to see the new lines before I commit to anything.

• We are not happy with the pricing mate atm. Send me an email with your requirements and i'll see what i can do for you. Depending on what you want you may want to put another dollar sign on that.

We can do most bits in copper, it's just whether people want them enough to cover the cost.
    It has taken a bit of a backburner on our sourcing because of that.

• We do have one in the works for North America btw.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to get a progress report from the factory.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2015

I am using a 3" glass and triclamp on one of my 4" bubble Ts. Not as cool as a SGK, but pretty slick none the less. Just have to take care not to over-tighten the clamp.

Please reserve me a brass 3" SGK on your next resupply shipment @smaug.

And thank you for the Powered by StillDragon stickers. Looks great on my toolboxes, right next to its big brother from Down Under!

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I am doing the same since Smaug was out of the SGKs when I visited. When I finish putting mine together it should look like holy clamp city.

• You could always change your name to Jed Clamp It... :D

• Frankly I like the clamps better than the SGK's (I hate screing them together and apart and the constant cleaning of the brass), but most of all I like the sight glass unions to screw on. Look sleek and are easy to use.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I like the brass. Have a stack of 3" SGK's waiting in my workshop and an considering building my own copper column with 4" brass ferrules. The cash I don't spend on a stainless Dash, would go towards a pot belly boiler instead. ;) Just don't stop stocking 4" brass ferrules Sunshine before I order some!!!

• we have enough - no problem!

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• @Kapea said: You could always change your name to Jed Clamp It... :D

I should. By my count, I will have 27 clamps and it is only a small rig.

• @Sunshine said: Frankly I like the clamps better than the SGK's (I hate screing them together and apart and the constant cleaning of the brass), but most of all I like the sight glass unions to screw on. Look sleek and are easy to use.

Screw on unions vs brass SGKs - Art Deco vs Steampunk... ;)

• Gotta say, I love the screw clamp sight glasses as well. I love the look of stainless, and, with the clamps, you can still use the tees for other setups such as vacuum filter columns, gin baskets etc. classic function v. aesthetic debate...

• I've always stocked the screw on lenses, the SGK's outsell them by a wide margin though.

• Steampunk wins!

• If the SS screw on would have been available earlier, I would have gone all the way with it :((

• I will probably go with the brass SGK when Smaug gets his next order. Really love the contrast between them and the SS. That was the look of the first SD that I ever saw and still can't get it out of my head.

It WAS a great video and really gave a positive review of the Dash. Too bad the guy turned out to be a dick.

• The look of the brass is a lot better - although the SS is pretty slick (but what do I know... German's just love stainless ;-) )

What I love about the SS is that you can take off the glass so easy and I started using the height adjusters

• @FloridaCracker said: I will probably go with the brass SGK when Smaug gets his next order. Really love the contrast between them and the SS. That was the look of the first SD that I ever saw and still can't get it out of my head.

I know what you mean. I spent a lot of time holding up a picture of the GB4 with one hand before I finally got one. :D

@Unsensibel said: The look of the brass is a lot better - although the SS is pretty slick (but what do I know... German's just love stainless ;-) )

But only if it comes from Solingen...

• I have screw on's and I don't bother to remove them. My screw ons are 4", if I was going for a 3" sightglass I would use the SGK.

• edited June 2015

Many people may be aware already, but the ATO is currently starting an advertising campaign where they are contacting HBS's and suppliers of distillation equipment to remind us of our obligations towards the excise laws.

The law says that i cannot sell a still over 5l capacity without permission. It says i don't need permission to sell a still under that capacity.

I have listed all boilers now as out of stock, please email me to arrange to purchase kettles. They need to placed under a separate order for shipping is all.

Happy to answer any questions, but obviously some questions would be better asked via PM.

There will be a few more changes to some wording etc to the website over the next week.

• edited July 2015

@punkin said: Many people may be aware already, but the ATO is currently starting an advertising campaign where they are contacting HBS's and suppliers of distillation equipment to remind us of our obligations towards the excise laws.

It was inevitable, in light of recent events.

@punkin said: The law says that i cannot sell a still over 5l capacity without permission. It says i don't need permission to sell a still under that capacity.

So what are they / you saying constitutes a "still"? Is it a boiler's holding capacity? If so, then a "column" on its own ain't a "still" per se. It's just an "assembly". Am I wrong?