StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• That is certainly my interpretation. It is the only part with a serial number because of our modular nature and this has seemed to be ok for them in all our commercial installations.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2015

Thanks @punkin. You may be interested in this I put on Pint's site. You are an importer so it matters to you, but it also matters to all Aussie hobbyists and they should be informed before ordering purchases...

Aussie Rules @ AD

• There's no news there mate. We've all known this stuff allthe way through.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited June 2015

Gee, I just needed some sanitary SS fittings for a water bottling line.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Yeah I thought it was a joke too. But tax outfits never joke. Just ask Al Capone's ghost.

• Any mechanics in Brisbane members here or anyone who can recommend a careful mechanic close to Eagle Farm?

I like a car there and would like to have an inspection.

• edited July 2015

A couple of large commercial units have depleted my stock of Procaps for the time being. A new run is happening now and by the looks of the samples the quality will be improved as well. This goes for all the copper items.

Apologies to anyone who was wishing to order upgraded systems, but a couple of weeks for production and a couple more for shipping should see us back in stock and to stay in stock.

• edited August 2015

3inchsgkstainless3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 73K

• Looks beautiful.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Ooooohhh...

3x3x3?

• I take it the SGK's are now SS instead of brass?

• I won't be stocking brass ones anymore i don't think unless my customers tell me overwhelmingly they want them. I'm looking forward to the anodised aluminium ones we are sourcing as an alternative to the stainless as well. I still have a few 2" brass ones in stock but i'm out of them in 3".

I don't know about the US and Europe which way they are going with them.

• 3/4 clamps are back in stock, 2" clamps should be in stock tomorrow.

New boiler order going in shortly if anyone wants something out of the ordinary.

• That is a beautiful piece of work.

• edited August 2015

we have enough brass SGK's but we will not continue them if they are out. I am looking forward to the new design (I was never keen on cleaning the brass) ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Will you be getting anymore 3" Copper ferrules? I had intended to grab 3 to clean up my old VM but they are out of stock!

• Smaug, are you getting these or brass? Any idea on cost for the US version?

• Armor for Minions?

• I would prefer to move away from the brass. The brass (though they look great when new) does not stay bright for very long. As Sunshine mentions, cleaning is just not something that I like to do. And the humidity in my warehouse does not help the initial bright finish.

Punkin is looking into a gold finish to sort of replicate the look for the folks that prefer that "brass" looking aesthetic. And also the black chrome finish to add to the line up.

I really like the idea of the black chrome.

• Rainbow anodized aluminum!

• @Smaug said: I really like the idea of the black chrome.

Sounds cool.

• edited August 2015

On pricing, speaking for the brass ones they were pretty heavily cost cut as the price on most of my items has not risen since we started all this although product costs and business costs have. They should have been substantially higher than they were and were kept at that price because they were part of a larger system.

The stainless ones will come with a small price increase as there is a small cost increase and will still be priced under their value for the same reason. The aluminium ones are being sourced at the moment and we are hoping they will come in very well priced and we will be able to offer them at better value again.

We are open to suggestions on colours but i will be stocking only two colours to start with. I'm thinking gold and black chrome, but i'm thinking on large orders we may be able to do custom colours or even distillery name engraving on the kits.

• I need one 3" brass SGK to stay in theme with the other four I already have. Right now I'm using a 3" triclamp work-around. Works fine, but looks out of place.

As far as the discoloration of the brass goes; you have to earn a good patina. I like the contrast with the bright silver stainless.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I understand that is going to be an issue for some people. I believe there are still some in Europe and it may be worth your while to have one posted from there.

• @Kapea , I might have an extra SGK, will look wednesday when I get home. These are collectors items now and could demand a premium, =))

Just kidding, if I do have an extra, you can have it for what I paid.

• Love to see a brother help a brother out. B-)

• I like the brass because of it pearl diver look. At the moment I have 8 bubbletees but want to add another 4. :(

• I've got a new 2" brass one here if that's the size you use Ed? At least I think it's 2".

• we still have them in stock - unfortunately shipping to the US is not cheap, which is not our fault, we only charge the actual shipping costs.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I've got 2" brass