StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• Pretty sure it's the same clamp size like 1.5" and 1"

• Yes.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• You sure about the clamp size? 1/2 and 3/4 are normally the same and smaller than 1" and 1.5" which are also the same

• edited November 2015

@what said: You sure about the clamp size? 1/2 and 3/4 are normally the same and smaller than 1" and 1.5" which are also the same

sorry that's what you meant :(

• edited November 2015

@Punkin. Do you have the 3/4 TC to 1/2 BSP to attach garden hose for emptying milk can??

• Will you be selling adapters in 3/8 & 1/2 to retrofit existing equipment?

• I like the plastic pipe push-connect cooling water fittings. Damn convenient, those. But, I disassemble and store my rig after every run.

Hard-piped setups would definetly benefit from those TC/threaded fittings.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Johnboy said: Punkin. Do you have the 3/4 TC to 1/2 BSP to attach garden hose for emptying milk can??

Garden hose nut and tail or snap on fits on 1" bsp male thread, thats the general size of an outdoor tap in Australia. I don't have the 1/2" to 1" nipples in stock, but you can get them anywhere in plastic, brass or stainless.

There is no need for adaptors to retrofit, the push connects will screw into the adaptors in the pic instead of the condensor directly is all, it's just better to have a sanitary connection on the condensor to allow it to be polished.

The plastic connections are still needed if you use the SD water connections, it makes it much easier to hard plumb is all for those who wish to go that way. Or you can use different size hoses and threaded connections and still have quick connect with the TC. A lot of new options are there that weren't before.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin Yep thats what I'm after 3/4 TC to 1"BSP dunno where i came up with 1/2" must have had a brain fart ill call today to get one.

• Aaahh, you want to do it one go. I'll give some thought to stocking a fitting like that in the future. In the meantime a reducing nipple will do it.

• The larger ports are a big benefit to those who recirculate. We can push through 15gpm with only 45 watts of pump on the larger 1" port.

• edited November 2015

15gpm is a torrent. What size condenser are you cooling?

45 Watts = 0.06hp

• I think he means 15gph, not gpm, which is 60liters/min... (I did the same thing a while back) I get 50l/m with 5 elements, but distillate too warm, most likely possible with scrubbies...

• 15gpm of recirculating coolant.

• OK, that is a lot... I use roughly .5gpm per 5500W Element it would take me 30 elements or 165Kw to need that

• 15hp boiler less efficiency losses, about 120kw equivalent. So, yeah.

• edited November 2015

I read a General Motors technical paper a while back that basically said you could push water through cooling passages so fast that minimal transfer of heat occurred..

went further to say that the coolant required some contact time to fully transfer the heat..

so not sure if we can actually move too much coolant through our deflags and condensers or not?... and at what point coolant flow becomes effective or excessive

just a thought,

FS

• 15gpm from a 0.06hp pump! I gotta get me one of those!

• Yessir, but you'll need 1 1/4 lines and no head pressure to do it. Grundfos Alpha. It has a flow meter and watt meter display too.

• edited November 2015

Dang, I'm a Goulds guy... ;)

Got any pump curves for that baby?

• edited November 2015

Grundfos Alpha Brochure (PDF)

Im with you, I didn't believe it at all.

• The fine print says the pump curves were generated by the same software that VW uses on their diesel engine air pollution control computers... :))

• :P

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Its great to see you have threaded TC connections now mate. They are very handy!!!

• @punkin said: Pretty much all the stock has been updated now, i just have to take some photos of the new products.

The new condensors will all be fitted with triclamp connections here on in and new stock prices have the two clamps, gaskets and threaded TC adaptors included in the price. This is another improvement in quality over threaded connections as it's impossible for the factory to polish threads on the condensors.
    These condensors are very nice indeed.

I still have some old stock ones, so email if you want some runout pricing on the old stock.

Gin baskets are up on the site now, they came with an extra 2" port for some reason, may be handy for people, may not.

For those emailing about Dash systems etc all is restocked on the site now. 4" CD's are in my next order around xmas, but 5" are in stock now.

I'll put some photos up of some of the new stock during the day.

@punkin, I've just purchased a gin basket from your site (surprised there was any left!!). Where have they positioned the extra 2" port?

• Ahh i was looking at it wrong when i said that. It's been a while since i played with one and these came with the sight glass assembled on the wrong port which threw me off. I'm also surprised there was one left. Thanks for the order i'll get it packed up.

• All good, thanks mate. Looking forward to playing with it. :-)

• You're gonna love it!

• Yeah I think I'll do an absinth first as I have every thing needed for a basic one.