StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• edited November 2015

New arrivals now to replace the copper ferulles in Australia only are new stainless to copper joining ferrules. These are the same items i used to make in my shed years ago, but they are professionally brazed with a very fancy fluxed 45% silver rod then polished to be up to any home builders expectations. There has been a lot of demand and pressure for me to stock something to fill the void left by my decision not to restock the copper ferulles. These were impractical due to needing to order a set of 2",3" and 4" each time with demand for the 2" outstripping all the others by 4-5 times.

These look great, i should have pricing today once the welder works out how long to produce each one in labour and materials. They won't come in cheap, but the quality is there as you can see, and they are to fit a need that is not filled by any other product on the market and a solution for those who want to build their own but don't have the stainless to copper skills.

Should have them listed on the site with pricing today or tomorrow. They will be available soon in 3" and 4" but immediately in 2". If you need the larger sizes urgently drop me an email at punkin@stilldragon.com.au .

2inchstainlesstocopperferulle1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    2inchstainlesstocopperferulle2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Unloaded new stock of boilers this morning. Photos to come but they are available now in 120, 200 and 380l versions. 1 only 380l left.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited December 2015

Limited stock of the new anodised alloy sightglasses are here in gold and black chrome in 3" only. They look fantastic and are as good as the samples we received.

The other good thing besides the weight saving and improved look is the new design cuts the cost of sgk's from $59 for the stainless versions down to $40 for the 3" alloys. =D>

There will be more in stock when my next sea freight arrives in a month or so including the new red ones that of course go faster. There'll also be black chrome and gold in 2".

Sight Glass Kits and Lenses @ StillDragon Australia

There will be a couple stills shipping tomorrow with the new kit and i'm looking forward to seeing photos from the new owners of them set up and running.

In other news there are a few express of the baby dragon Ace of Hearts to fill backorders and there may even be one or two spare, i'll check when the backorders are filled over the weekend.

Also the pot to triclamp adapters are back in stock for those who have been waiting for them.

2" Triclamp Ferrule to Pot Adaptor @ StillDragon Australia

3inchsgkblack.jpg
    800 x 600 - 95K
    3inchsgkgold1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 96K
    3inchsgkblack1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 85K

• oh how sweet it is. very nice

• Yes red always makes it go faster :))

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Red is very good, but a flame job will make the insanely fast. They'll look like 120 mph jes standin' still...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Kapea said: Red is very good, but a flame job will make the insanely fast. They'll look like 120 mph jes standin' still...

that there's column insulation

• @Kapea said: Red is very good, but a flame job will make the insanely fast. They'll look like 120 mph jes standin' still...

No kidding, i will investigate this possibility.

• I had a flame job on my Kitchen Aide mixer (inspired by Alton Brown). I got tired of that and painted it to look like the nose gun mount of an A-10 Warthog.

• @Kapea said: I had a flame job on my Kitchen Aide mixer (inspired by Alton Brown). I got tired of that and painted it to look like the nose gun mount of an A-10 Warthog.

I remember seeing that on Good Eats.

• A little birdie tells me the Go Fast Red sight glass kits have hit the shores of the US. Maybe we could convince @smaug to assemble one and take some pics? Bet they look tops on a 4 plater.

• Will do.

• I really do like these. The brass has a certain old world charm where these here are just slick as hell.

• Who'da thunk, 3-4 years ago, we'd be picking designer colors for the sightglasses on our plated columns?

• @Kapea said: Who'da thunk, 3-4 years ago, we'd be picking designer colors for the sightglasses on our plated columns?

Crazy isn't it?

Back then it was a chore just figuring how you were ever gonna have a sightglass and what wonders it could reveal!

• I'd been arguing for a very long time to try to get alloy anodised sightglass kits into production. It was pretty simple in the end once we were in charge of our own development and not near as impossible as we had been told.

• @punkin said: I'd been arguing for a very long time to try to get alloy anodised sightglass kits into production. It was pretty simple in the end once we were in charge of our own development and not near as impossible as we had been told.

100%

• I look at the reflux coil winding jig I built sitting on the shelf in my garage and think maybe I should donate it to a museum...

• @Kapea said: I look at the reflux coil winding jig I built sitting on the shelf in my garage and think maybe I should donate it to a museum...

My first 2" column has already been donated to the Smithsonian.

• edited January 2016

I still use my VM column that has a 2" reflux coil condenser in it for making neutral. It's a whole lot easier to set up and run than my nine 4" bubble/pro cap plates, for making neutral. I use my 2" pot still as a stripper. It's as easy to run as a solid rocket motor. I just don't think I'll ever be winding another 2" copper coil.

My plated SD column is untouchable for flavored spirits. Definetly my hands-down favorite to run. The copper VM and pot are nice because they are "fire and forget". No fiddling required.

• edited January 2016

Our custom made 2" PRV's for retrofitting to any 2" boiler port are now listed on StillDragon Australia;

Pressure Reducing Valve 2" TC x .1 MPA @ StillDragon Australia

These are special heavy duty versions to fit 2" ports rather than the standard 1.5"

prv2inch1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 84K

• Cool. What's the max volume of gas they can relieve?
    What power are they rated too?

• Out of my field of expertise mate, the only information i have is what i have posted

• edited January 2016

These are pressure relief valves. The spring-loaded valve will open when the pressure exceeds 14.5 psi (0.1MPa). The opening size is proportional to the over-pressure - the greater the over-pressure, the greater the relief valve opening (up to its maximum opening size). Once enough gas or liquid has been released from the pressurized vessel, so that the pressure in the vessel has been reduced to less than 14.5 psi, the valve closes again.

• If anyone who is purchasing needs that information i can get it.

• edited January 2016

But if the amount of power in the boiler produces more vapour than the valve can evacuate... pressure will still rise.
    They look pretty chunky though, I was just wondering at what point would it be a good idea to add a second one.
    Do they have a replaceable seal in them?

• @Smaug Will these PRV's be available in the US?

• @Knafs said: Smaug Will these PRV's be available in the US?

+1

• We will.