StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Today in the Shed

Comments

• @CothermanDistilling said: sure... that is just the form I write on, I will PM you... I think if we got DistilliTraK back on board to modernize/update, that would be the way to not re-invent the wheel

'Ello.. Did someone rattle my cage? :) I'm here... Just busy at work as usual.. 200/500 a month? Jesus!!

What do y'all need? I've been slowly spooling up for the next level of Dtrack, now that this project at work is starting to settle down to funding and not so much design meetings/travel/buttock massaging/vendor lipping/etc... So, you caught me at a good time. Some lady wrote me and asked for a brandy distillation/re-distillation leg so I have been scoping that one out too... But then, I ran outa sweet feed sipping stock, and so I've actually being enjoying the hobby recently in the form of several runs to replenish ;)

now, all that said, I have blank spreadsheets that capture each stage of a run from inception to disposition. They were/are for importing data into DT. If you think they might be of help, I will gladly share them. And, any feedback to alter them would be appreciated.

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• @DistilliTraK - rattle, rattle, rattle...

Here is my current non-smart spreadsheet CDC Production Template (XLSX)

happy to look at yours and see if I would request anything additional

• ok Ladies and Gents - this is the folder (It's zipped here) that I send out with the package. Its so folks can transcribe from the written notes into the data base segments so the program can operate on them. Cotherman has indicated he had looked at DT, and these sheets have a lot of the same data points. And well they should because during the diligence phase I spent a lot of time on the distilling forums reading notes and stuff and also a few books on distilling from the library too. my goal was to get this into a relational data base and that's at the heart of DT. But that being said there are some rules - Batches get assigned a number and that number is used as an anchor in other aspects of a run/batch from inception to completion (feints/spirit/bottled & aging/Etc) so it goes with distill ID's, redistills, recipe ID's and so on - You can tell because the column will be called nnnID in the header line. That is a unique key, and forms the foundation of the hierarchy in the data base :)

The spreadsheets do not have calcs imbedded in them as they are a means of 'importing' data and the program has the calcs for ABV, proofing/ALC content based upon SF and FG, and so on.. But, it is a simple matter to add those formula to a spreadsheet. The advantage DT has is that it compensates for metric versus American, etc and allows for use of either and calculates using a common baseline. Enough geekie shit, here they are...

Spreadsheet Templates (ZIP)

zip
    zip
    Spreadsheet Templates.zip

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Thanks!!!

Going to dig into this one

• One for Frodo.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 120K
  • Full batch of oat bourbon - like wrestling a bear, even with enzymes.

• Going to pick up three heritage pigs this morning that have been hanging since the weekend.

Get to try my new bandsaw out for the first time.

Hopefully have ten fingers tomorrow.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2016

I lost a fight with a box cutter today, not my day, I probably need 20 stitches across my palm. Bah.

The pigs sound delicious.

• Bugger. No pics please

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: Bugger. No pics please

Coming from charcoal fingers?

• I think I'll have a go at making bresaola.

• edited April 2016

@jacksonbrown said: One for Frodo.

Beautiful bullet performance! What brand is it?

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• TTSX. That was after about a yard of penetration. Two doses of medicine in the frount end and pulled to pills out the back end. Both look the same.

• @Unsensibel said: Coming from charcoal fingers?

It's called Wurstel Fingers! :))

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Barnes. It figures.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• edited April 2016

Didn't get much chance to take pics as i was busy all day, but the 3 little pigs were 18kg a piece dressed and came up to 16kg once cut and bagged. Most of the rest was trim for sausage, but there was a bit of bone and stuff went to my mates pig dogs.

I was really happy with my new little saw. for $300 odd bucks with a ten year warranty it's a great bit of gear.

Pretty poorly designed for disassembley and cleaning is all, which took an hour or so.

We have two more from the same litter coming in 2 weeks time and then 6 more in June.

pigsaw1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K

• I do not see prof that you have all the appendages you started with before operating the bandsaw... :-/

• Would you like to see pictures of all my appendages?

• Not unless they are grilled to perfection as you do...........

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited April 2016

@punkin I hope you didn't get splatter overall the condensers in the background.
    And while I am in conversation did you ever find a bulk source of the -was it red star premium yeast that you used to make your arak as I can only find small packets.

• edited April 2016

You mean Red Star Premier Cuvee? EC-1118 is very similar (if not the exact same strain).

• edited April 2016

As @grim said Cuvee is very similar to the 1118, i think it's 1116 you should be able to find the 1118 easy enough in a brick. I just used good neutral with some white wine added for a base for the arak.

Lallemand Yeast @ Winequip AU

• edited April 2016

@punkin. Searched all over Internet and can't find bulk anywhere. Any clues as to a source?

• edited April 2016

Winequip in the link above? I gave you a link to the wholesaler, not enough of a clue? :))

You do mean a 500gm bag when you say bulk or do you mean a box?

Their number is there at the top of the screen, give them a ring.
    Lallemand Yeast for home use @ Winequip AU

• edited April 2016

flute CM build...double wound helix coil in a 3''x10'' flanged pipe

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 59K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 72K
  • edited April 2016

flute site glass install, with QC making sure its correct

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 169K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 139K
    4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 149K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 119K
    5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 142K
    6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 90K
  • Haha - love the QC manager

• weather is changing here. Installed an environmental control system (electric blanket) on my fermenter.

• edited April 2016

@Punkin sorry missed that link. Bit slow that day. I meant the 500gm bag