StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Foodie - The Food Thread - For Our Food Lovers!

Comments

• edited April 2017

Beer Floured Cajun Spiced Crocodile Nuggets with chipses.

Bourbon Girl has decided the Croc is not her favourite. I think i didn't help when i served it to her and said 'Here's your reptile.'

croc3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 91K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2017

Bourbon-honey and ginger-dill-yogurt glazed salmon

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 122K
  • Looks great. I'll do Bourbon Honey next time i do Salmon for Bourbon Girl.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2017

Nothing beats a pork roll on a rotisserie for yesterday's lunch. End result is juicy and with unbelievable crackling.

image.jpg
    800 x 452 - 100K
  • Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @richard said: Nothing beats a pork roll on a rotisserie for yesterday's lunch. End result is juicy and with unbelievable crackling.

I'd truly love to see a later shot before serving or after slicing.

• @richard if that's your lunch, I want to come by when you're doing an elaborate dinner!

• edited April 2017

Schwartemagen (Helmut Kohl's favorite)

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 99K

schloegl.jpg
    800 x 600 - 109K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited April 2017

My first bacon bomb. Maybe a little heavy on the glaze but still good

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 126K
  • edited May 2017

Wednesday night clean the fridge out dinner. Curry made from Venus Bay local prawns ( $26 kg whole ) Sunday caught King George whiting ( $45 + a kilo fillets ). Started eating then it suddenly dawned on me how extreme and how lucky to live on the West Coast of South Australia. All it needed was a few local oyster and crayfish and it would have been complete.

Today scored a whole indigenous killed hairy nose wombat ( illegal for white fella but yum - like pork ) and coming up the driveway i shot ( with the camera as my sweet pea would have nutted me if i used the gun and also illegal for white fella ) an Australian Wild Turkey ( Bustard ) as a few are hanging around at the moment - most delicious if only. Plus the dog jumped out the window and chased a kangaroo and i thought i was going to have to fill the tank up for the search to find her ( again if i shot one of them in would be nutted )

Living here has its disadvantages as remote , flat , almost desert , no rivers or big trees - but the coast makes up for a lot of the missing bits.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 88K
  • edited May 2017

Chicken marbella with olive ciabbatta

After 20 minutes in the oven, the whole house smells delicious

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 91K
  • edited May 2017

Before anyone is too quick to jump some members of my family are allowed to secure these wild foods.
    Roast back leg of Hairy Nose Wombat - Whole small Australian wild turkey or Bustard ( much to mothers disgust ) and Kangoroo tail . The only way mother likes to shoot Bustards is with her camera.
    Mothers Day dinner. The wombat and roo tails were most excellent and while the turkey tasted good i would not really bother again. Pity wombat is not obtainable as it is really good and could be likened to pig. Roo tails with fur and skin on are supermarket stuff where i live.

A lovely night with family. And of course the compulsory G&T and red wine and beer.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 88K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 92K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 116K
  • Looks great mate. I have crocodile in naan bread with tabbouleh for dinner tonight, a real mix of cultures.

• Oz -Indi -Leb anese. While not 100% on the croc the rest are my favorites. Especially as a mezza. Just need baba ganoush to be in heaven then break out your finest Raki / Arak /Ouzo

• @GD50 Hey mate that looks great.gods country in my opinion. Hoping to get out your way end of the year. Picking up new Pajero in a few weeks and the dog fence is my Xmas destination.

• edited May 2017

Meatloaf with sage and shallot bread stuffing, topped with home made bacon and roast vegies going into the oven.

meatloaf1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 107K

• Cook temp and time please Punkin?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited May 2017

Put it in at 350-360 mate and do it till it looks cooked. I don't time it, usually the smell tells me.

I use half good coarse mince and half the pasty shit sausage mice stuff from the supermarket, mix and roll it out like you are doing a fatty. Then tear some stale bread into pea size bits, chop onions and herbs (i put sundried tomato's in, but fresh ones are good) and mix. Lay the stuffing in the middle and pull the mince up around it to seal. If you use two sheets of baking paper it's pretty easy.

That's a bit of coffee rub using the recipe you gave me on top.

Potatos tossed in lard because i didn't have any duck fat.

• edited May 2017

Money shot for you Larry, it's great sliced cold for sandwiches...maybe even better than hot. The green stuff in the stuffing is capers.

meatloaf2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 84K

• Yeah love a cold meat loaf sandwich with a heavy dollop of ketchup/catsup.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited May 2017

I had it on toast for breakfast with sandwich pickles.

Sweet Mustard Spreadable Pickles 250g

• edited June 2017

Pizza time!
    Caprese and pear, walnut and gorgonzola

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 135K
  • edited June 2017

Sometimes being in refrigeration ( or was ) has a few benefits because when people want you they WANT YOU.

A little swap job - cooked in oven as i dont have a charcoal spit big enough. Was most excellent.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 81K
  • edited May 2017

@Unsensibel said: Pizza time! Caprese and pear, walnut and gorgonzola

Looks tasty!
    (you need to work on your dough tossing)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @kapea yeah haven't figured out the form quite yet

• edited June 2017

I have all the parts sitting in the shed to make a 40l sous vide. I have a hot water pump, PID controller, 2" ferrules welded to a BOP and ready for element guards and 2400 watt elements, false bottom etc. It's been sitting gathering dust for a couple years now waiting for me to get it together and i never will.

So bit the bullet and bought a small self contained circulating unit this morning.

Anova Precision Cooker @ Anova

I'll modify a 20l esky to fit i guess and start some experimenting.

Reports to come.

sousvideanova.jpg
    600 x 600 - 15K

• edited June 2017

@punkin said: I have all the parts sitting in the shed to make a 40l sous vide. I have a hot water pump, PID controller, 2" ferrules welded to a BOP and ready for element guards and 2400 watt elements, false bottom etc. It's been sitting gathering dust for a couple years now waiting for me to get it together and i never will.

So bit the bullet and bought a small self contained circulating unit this morning.

Anova Precision Cooker @ Anova

I'll modify a 20l esky to fit i guess and start some experimenting.

Reports to come.

Exact same as mine. The thing is a beast. Once you get past the giddy stage of doing perfect 64 degree eggs and 53 degree steak you will discover you can create some really interesting textures in meat that you can't get through any other method of cooking.

I do this thing with pork leg. Sous vide 24hrs at 68. Then slice into steaks and dust in seasoned flour and fry in a hot hot hot skillet.

Super simple but there's something about the tender, meaty, crispy, juicy texture that's out of this world!

• edited June 2017

Had a big afternoon, got two whole topsides sliced and marinaded for jerky for a butcher mate who wants to market it.

Then my sous vide turned up half an hour ago so i decided to have dinner with the Jetsons.

It'll be turkey with Hurdle Creek Stills Cherry Gin Jam and gravy, with sous vide peas and microwaved garlic butter potatoes.

Couldn't get any healthier.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 101K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 94K

sunday_is_steak_day_1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 139K
    sunday_is_steak_day_2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 152K
    sunday_is_steak_day_3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area