StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

• Once upon a time my head wouldn't have fit in a bucket.

NotCalledPunkinheadForNothinPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited August 2020

I saw a StillDragon system at the new Wolf Lane Distillery in Cairns. Rory is making some great gins there!

• edited August 2020

@kimbodious said: I saw a StillDragon system at the new Wolf Lane Distillery in Cairns. Rory is making some great gins there!

Yeah their gins are fantastic

• Shipping to distilleries all over Oz atm. If a small distillery haven't got a full system from me, they almost certainly have parts and fittings with the SD logo on them.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited August 2020

water.jpg
    348 x 460 - 26K

• When an ass got pushy about a quote for moving stuff by air, I always over estimated and prayed they'd take it.

Usually the price for everything just went up & up with each foul comment.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• edited September 2020

Going into manufacturing next week of a new malt mill, a driven 3 roller mill.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 25K
  • Make certain the rollers have gears. If not they can slip.

• I second this. So many frustrating grinds over the years.

• edited September 2020

Thanks. Yes both top rollers are geared and connected to each other. The lower (the 3rd) is free running and this is where gap adjustment is done and up to 2.65mm. The difference with this mill is .... the rollers are quite large at Diameter 55mm x 150mm long. I was originally going to have all three rolls being driven but gave this part up so as to keep costs down.

• Ideally you want the rollers going slightly different speeds to induce some shear.

• Anyone have an idea what these slip joints are called? I have been searching stainless/dairy/316l/ss slip/expansion and have had no luck..

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 150K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 121K
  • edited September 2020

New high score machine at home today;

Touchscreen kiosk is set up for it already now.

breath1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    breath3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K

• Now that is piss funny. I used to go up to those breathalyser when I was at uni and try and get a high score. I think my highest while still able to walk was about .3 I should have been comatose nice addition to a man cave mate.

• edited October 2020

I have decided to diversify into more profitable products.

image.jpg
    800 x 533 - 76K
  • edited October 2020

There's so many things in the world i don't understand. Lucky no-one needs to know everything.

• Geez ...... Has everyone gone to bed .... No forum activity for yonks.

• thought it was an ulcer, ended up having my appendix removed and staying 3 days.. worst... Halloween... ever...

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 76K
  • edited November 2020

Sorry to hear about the hospital stay. For the lock down Covid period we started looking left and right for future business. Anyway we also started pizza ovens. Oh hell me but do they work. Way better than from a pizzeria.

Pizza takes approx. 60 seconds until cooked.

0.jpg
    600 x 800 - 46K
    1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 56K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 95K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 73K
  • edited November 2020

@CothermanDistilling said: thought it was an ulcer, ended up having my appendix removed and staying 3 days.. worst... Halloween... ever...

Well the good news is that you don't have an ulcer.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Or an appendix.

• @CothermanDistilling said: thought it was an ulcer, ended up having my appendix removed and staying 3 days.. worst... Halloween... ever...

Hope you get to feeling better and go back to work!

• edited November 2020

Busy assembling my new prototype driven3 roller mill.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 65K
  • edited November 2020

Been slack with my hobby, and online.

When you forget to clean the equipment...or should have pulled it apart if not going to use for a while. I had intentions of running it one day when I made the time.

Almost 12 mths sitting idle and covered up, thought I did a cleaning run after the last batch but

Citric acid to the rescue, 30 mins

Yep, got the feet in the pic.

So far just a bit a scrubbing, re seal hoses, the good stuff @punkin sells, just push connects and cut the end square all good to go.

The ferments, sugar wash sitting for 12 mths untouched all seem to have survived summer and winter without issues, running a strip on them now.

Have not opened or checked my multi generation whisky or bourbon wash yet, still have airlocks but will check next week.

Also left my road bike in the shed and the fuel went off, stinks to no end.
    Tank shows sign's of rust as it was not full.
    Need to get it picked up and fixed as summer just starting for us.

So the 2 things that I used to enjoy and left aside because life was excuses like too busy, unwell wife, old dog, perhaps just lazy.

Anyway time to get back into it.

Cheers

Fadge

1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 102K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 61K
    3.jpg
    450 x 800 - 40K
  • Welcome back, @fadge :-bd

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Impressive plates! Never seen any that color before.