StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

• Happy Haole Makahiki, ho...

(Hawaiian Makahiki starts in November)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited January 2020

End November / early December I finally pulled my finger out the proverbial and did an Inventor fundamental introduction course.

So much to the wife's annoyance I spent the Christmas holiday doing computer pawn.

Any case, I've drawn up some of the components that I've built to date and redrawn these assemblies in 3D.

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 21K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 24K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 20K
  • Just bought a harmonica online. Decided it was time to learn something new again. Never been proficient at music.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Funny you mention that. I just watched this over the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LepOoXCoyOc

• edited January 2020

• What makes it insane is paddling in. That is a four story drop with a 3G bottom turn

• edited February 2020

@punkin, I also am going down that road...and one of my target tunes to learn and play proficiently is LowRider by Lee Oskar...great tune and sorta easy..

Do not know how to embed a video...so see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOXiJXHkiVA

• Bloody hell, that was easy...my thanks to Moonshine!

• @Ukioye said: Bloody hell, that was easy...my thanks to Moonshine!

It's like magic, all done by itself :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @Ukioye , thanks a bunch mate. I too have a goal now.

That song will forever bring Cheech and Chong straight to my mind.

I bought a black Hammond in C, beautiful little harp.

I'llTellYouWhenICanPlayItPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited February 2020

Nice.
    Post one-sided political opinions (in another thread: [UK] BREXIT, WHAT NOW???), delete posts with opposing opinions, and then lock the thread.
    If you are going to be political, at least have the courage of your convictions - present opposing views without censorship. Otherwise it is just propaganda.

• edited February 2020

We didn't used to delete posts round here, it was one of the things i liked about the place.

Seems a shame to censor people.

I've got no idea why that topic is a sticky cluttering up the front page when it relates nothing to do with distilling and affects so few of the members here in any way.

• edited February 2020

One of the things I like best about this forum is that it is (mostly) apolitical - a place for distillers worldwide to meet and talk story about our shared enthusiasm for distilling.

The internet is legion with political propaganda websites. It would be better without that here.

• edited February 2020

@Kapea said: Nice.
    Post one-sided political opinions (in another thread: [UK] BREXIT, WHAT NOW???), delete posts with opposing opinions, and then lock the thread.
    If you are going to be political, at least have the courage of your convictions - present opposing views without censorship. Otherwise it is just propaganda.

Sorry if this has caused any confusion, that thread was not meant as a discussion but as an announcement and it should have been locked for comments right from the beginning.

We don't want to be involved in anything political here at all, that announcement is for our customers in the UK who don't know what's going on now that Brexit has happened and as source for information on how our shipments to the UK are affected by this.

No censorship was intended, and if you want to express your feelings about Brexit and/or the EU please feel free to start a new discussion (surely would be OK in the Member's Area or Distillers Pub category).

@punkin said: I've got no idea why that topic is a sticky cluttering up the front page when it relates nothing to do with distilling and affects so few of the members here in any way.

Because the UK is our major market here in Europe and everybody over there is affected by this, and it's not so few of our members, but a considerable number.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited February 2020

@Kapea said: delete posts with opposing opinions, and then lock the thread

I'm sorry guys, I didn't think that this would hit a nerve. Only two posts have been removed, your comment @Kapea, and @punkin's meme. Splitting these two posts into a new discussion would have made them out of place and seemed pointless (unless you really want to start a political discussion here). I just took a look, but restoring these two posts also makes no sense now because the meme image file that @punkin uploaded has been lost.

Rest assured that there is no censorship going on, this really was just a cleanup for @SDeurope's intended purpose.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited February 2020

Informative, not political?
    Do you think business with your pro Brexit customers will be enhanced by the photos you posted?
    This forum goes out worldwide. Do the photos in the thread represent all StillDragon distributors’ stance on Brexit?

• @Kapea said: Informative, not political?
    Do you think business with your pro Brexit customers will be enhanced by the photos you posted?

This must have been misinterpreted then, because the posted pictures show both sides.

• edited February 2020

@Kapea said: Informative, not political?
    This forum goes out worldwide. Do the photos in the thread represent all StillDragon distributors’ stance on Brexit?

1. Everything comes better with pictures.
    2. For our customers Brexit is of disadvantage because it will increase total costs and bureaucracy (if customs clearance between UK and EU should become reality).
    3. I can not see the point why you keep mentioning the photos, since they indeed show both sides.
    4. Only we at StillDragon Europe are affected by that matter, so why should the other StillDragon® Distributors have a stance on this.
    5. I don't quite understand why this is so important to you, since you are neither from the UK nor the EU.
    6. This really must be a complete misunderstanding, because it was just intended as an announcement about the further proceeding with orders coming from the UK and us shipping to the UK, nothing else.
    7. Why make a fuzz about this now, that announcement has been up since December 21 and has only been updated for further clarification, because we kept receiving a lot of inquiries about that matter. That announcement serves as reference, so the logical step was to clean it up and close for comments as it wasn't meant for discussion to begin with.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• The photos in the thread are pretty balanced really.

Like SDeurope said, if you don't live in Europe, it doesn't concern you.

So why does it matter?

(I live in the UK and need to know the implications of continuing to purchase from Austria).

• edited February 2020

My mistake, i never once took it as anything but a political view. I did not at any time realise it was an announcement about shipping costs, and didn't know why photos of political rallies would be in an announcement on shipping costs.

Carry on as you were.

• Nothin ruins liquor like politics and religion

• edited February 2020

@punkin said: My mistake, i never once took it as anything but a political view. I did not at any time realise it was an announcement about shipping costs, and didn't know why photos of political rallies would be in an announcement on shipping costs.

It was blatantly political until it was censored two days ago and subsequently edited to appear informational.

+1 on what @grim wrote above.

• @grim said: Nothin ruins liquor like politics and religion

And turbo yeast. You forgot to mention turbo yeast.......

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Drunk girls too.

• And star anise, that shlts foul.

• edited February 2020

Don’t be too tough on Star Anise but surely not Raki Arak Ouzo Pastis Chunchon Oghi Madtika - that’s about all I can think of. Have never really got into the Asian star anise versions. Millions of Europeans can’t be wrong and a good Raki drank over a long lunch mixed witH water instead of wine is heaven. All similar to star anise and same base compound.

• @Kapea said: It was blatantly political until it was censored two days ago and subsequently edited to appear informational.

I do not want to drag this matter along, but for anybody else reading this, let me provide further clarification, because censoring really is something we simply don't do here (intentionally).

I have checked the change log for that thread and the only things that have been modified are as follows:

• The OP got updated with more information (but no existing information has been removed or changed)
    • Your following comment has been removed: "The Brits reject communism, again! Well done UK!"
    • A picture showing a meme (depicting someone on the telephone) posted by @punkin saying the following has been removed: "Could you please repeat the last sentence? Wait, hold o...."

So from my point of view, your comment was the only thing blatantly political and it has not been censored right after you have posted it, but been removed seven weeks (!) later with the sole intention to clean up that thread for the intended purpose, not because of what it was expressing (and no, your comment has not been overlooked at the time you posted it, because all new postings are checked on a daily bases).

This matter seems hugely overexaggerated and really is just a big misunderstanding (even if the original intention of that announcement should not have been entirely clear for some before @SDeurope added more information). I am really sorry if you feel differently, but there is nothing more to say about it.

• the first was blatantly political with the pic it showcased, if y'all gonna be a bunch of fuckheads about politics on here, say goodbye to the effort put in by people who think you are being a whiny little bitch...

• Good stuff mate.