StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

1626364656668»

Comments

• @Moonshine said: Wow, isn't that one a little expensive? I mean such scooters usually cost just a few hundred bucks, no?

You get what you pay for i spose. There are lots of cheaper ones around yes.

This has twin motors, self sealing tyres, high climb rate for the hills round here, 50km/hr top speed, 60 km range.

It has an app that can be used to limit 3 different power profiles and electronic lock the scooter, regenerative braking that charges the battery like your Tesla (that is a little expensive compared to a Toyota) etc, etc.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Seems a normal price point? Maybe not? I think my brother's e-bike was maybe about the same money?

If I lived in town I would definitely have one.

I guess it depends on weather or not you are satisfied with the range?

+1 grim. Yeah fun to ride and certainly makes traversing around the hood super convenient. We bop all around town in the evenings at the trade shows and makes for a better modality than Uber / walking by a long shot.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited October 2022

You can get them (moving out of the kids market) here from $1300 or so for a decent entry level, up to $7,000 or more for the high end tech.

This one is the very best of the mid range for what i want to do and comes in at $2,700 with the lid.

My problem is they are illegal here, so i will have to show circumspection and limit the speed and my riding behaviour to not be noticed by plod.

To that purpose i will limit the speed to mobility scooter speeds, 12-15km/hr instead of 50km/hr and use it sparingly, responsibly and make sure that the general public sees me push often so they are not sure if it's just a big kids scooter or i'm cheating. I'll never be seen travelling on the footpath or jumping gutters and swooping through the malls.

The range is well over what i'd ever use in town here, 60km or more and i'm likely to do 5km in a day, 2 days a week and then charge. I could charge it once a month and still not worry.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• 50 km/h?

Full face helmet?

• I won't be doing 50km/hr on it.

I'll get on my Ducati or my Harley if i want to travel at speed.

Got a skateboard helmet coming.

• My daughter and I scoot to school and back most every day. It’s a mile or so each way, nothing crazy. My scooter hits about 18mph or so with my 6’3 frame on it.

Let me tell you, that’s plenty fast. Does about 20-22 with my daughter in it, which is white knuckles territory. This isn’t like going 20 on a bike, at all.

I’ve got an Unagi, dual motor, 700 or 800 watts peak. It’s a city scooter, paved smooth roads, etc.

The tech in these things is amazing.

• edited October 2022

Just realized i linked the wrong scooter. I purchased the Apollo Ghost for the more powerful motors for hill climbing and the off road capability.

Apollo Ghost Electric Scooter @ Electric Kicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVaBAQIFpRQ

• They look like fun. Was just thinking yesterday if it was possible.

• edited March 2023

Photo of the mill deck at QB2. Big gear.

20230124_130228.jpg
    450 x 800 - 92K
  • edited December 2023

Morning and merry Xmas to all

Looking for suggestions for future production

For Christmas I made some Limoncello for my brother. It came out really good and is real tasty. The only issue is a black type residue on the surface. Now I understand this to be excessive lemon oils coming out of solution.

When I bottled, I was away and used a basic coffee filter to filter out. Obviously not fine enough and ought possibly have used a depth filter for oils.

In any case, any recommendations for the future.

Cheers.

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 35K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 60K
  • Looks more like a combination of both particulate and oils causing that clumping.

I've done some cellos before that showed an obvious darker oil line after setting for some time. Hard to avoid without either losing flavor, or needing to push the proof very high.

Could be waxes from the fruit, now that I think about it some more. If so, some time resting before filtration would be most effective.

• @grim thanks. I believe it to be primarily oil based.

• I've had the same issue. Haven't been able to work out a solution