StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

• Hope you are doing better bud, wouldn't want to be anywhere near a hospital again up here.

• I am back to 90%, running the still, tinkering, even mowed the yard, albiet really slowly... got the first bottle of our overproof rum filled off the still for a little sneak peek on the FB page... this week get a new roof started on the house, the roofer is delaying for the next three days or rain from the tropical storm... so I will continue the never-ending tweaking of the time management of doing 3x 1000Lrum fermentations in one week without 50 hours of labor...

Hotstepper.jpg
    600 x 800 - 50K
  • edited March 2021

Bought a new toy for citrus zest dehydrating. Today preparing for a Limoncello

zest.jpg
    570 x 800 - 37K
  • edited March 2021

So I zested the lemons with my new toy and did a basic Limoncello recipe. Extremely surprised by the depth of the yellow colour. Tastes real nice and not too sweet. One of the next steps is to try compare this Limoncello against others.

Tomorrow I have a small planned gin production. One I want to do with orange citrus but the other, I want try it with the macerated lemon zest from the Limoncello. Just a bit scared though of how much to use because it's quite sour.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 47K
  • edited May 2021

Commissioning coming along nicely with all PID controllers finally behaving.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 120K
  • edited June 2021

The landlord pulled an old Ford Prefect out of his shed down the back yesterday. He called me to get this guy out of the battery box for him. 8 or 9' of local carpet python. Friendly as anything.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 117K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2021

Brighter side of things, just nearing end of an old beer stripping run. So far so good.

image.jpg
    800 x 645 - 92K
  • edited July 2021

Don't know if it can be seen.... As the run has progressed, so the colour in the fill sight glass is continually becoming clearer.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 37K
  • edited July 2021

Got myself in big trouble the other day. A mates missus cooked for me a couple months ago and they were here the other day and she said she'd love to taste BBQ.

I said sure, and her being Thai i asked if she liked karaoke?

Yes indeed, so i was shopping on line for mic's when i realized it would be a shit afternoon if people started refusing to sing, and that included the tone deaf punkin. Fuck.

I figured i could get away with Pink Floyd's Seamus as it only has a couple lines, but can't find a karaoke version of it. Shit.

After suggestions on karaoke for the serially tone deaf.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: Got myself in big trouble the other day. A mates missus cooked for me a couple months ago and they were here the other day and she said she'd love to taste BBQ.

I said sure, and her being Thai i asked if she liked karaoke?

Yes indeed, so i was shopping on line for mic's when i realized it would be a shit afternoon if people started refusing to sing, and that included the tone deaf punkin. Fuck.

I figured i could get away with Pink Floyd's Seamus as it only has a couple lines, but can't find a karaoke version of it. Shit.

After suggestions on karaoke for the serially tone deaf.

Tone deaf karaoke? Ah sure. Happy to advise.

Alcohol. Alcohol is the remedy for the serial tone deaf. You're welcome.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited July 2021

@punkin here you go

Seamus - karaoke text - Pink Floyd @ karaoke-lyrics.net

Classic tune BTW.

There's plenty of Floyd on that sight plus lots of other artists

• edited July 2021

It's got someone singing though, have i pressed the wrong button or something?

• sorry mate. that's the best I could find

• Well i have two to choose from now. Working Class hero by The Beatles and Drugs and Money by Ammonia. That'll get me out of trouble.

• edited October 2021

Nice to also see others using PLC's.

These are my still's two control panels, the one power side and the other control. One of these day's I must tidy up

1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 113K
    2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 136K
  • One of these days I might get a PLC. Or then again maybe Brucontrol like @CothermanDistilling uses.

In the meantime I'll stick to manually operated switches and valves ;-)

• @crozdog said: In the meantime I'll stick to manually operated switches and valves ;-)

It's fun, but you spend a terrible amount of time programming. Ultimately worth it.

• Yeah but once it is dialed in then simply copy the program onto a memory stick and Bobz yer uncle.

• ran across this thing called 'powder toy' - rabbit hole....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvfxFN19xH0

• edited November 2021

An example if we're showing private parts.
    Everything is UL rated.

1.jpg
    389 x 800 - 51K
    2.jpg
    389 x 800 - 56K
    3.jpg
    389 x 800 - 54K

• Nice when the panels are big

• Lots of room to work. But also, in order to maintain the UL compliance proper spacing is a requisite evidently.

• @crozdog said: nice work Smaug

Thanks. But this Ryan from CraftAutomation's work. We had to step up our game on the controller side.

• edited October 2022

Just bought an electric scooter to ride to the pub and back.

Apollo City 2022 Electric Scooter @ Electric Kicks

I'mAKidStillPunkin

• @punkin said: Apollo City 2022 Electric Scooter @ Electric Kicks

Wow, isn't that one a little expensive? I mean such scooters usually cost just a few hundred bucks, no?

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• They make a great scooter, and those things are just a joy to power around on.