StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Brewski - The Beer Thread - For Our Beer Lovers!

Comments

freistaedter_black_block.jpg
    600 x 800 - 38K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

svijany.jpg
    600 x 800 - 49K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Need some advice on storing my freshly bottled beer. Should I put it in the fridge or just keep it in a cool dark place. This is the first time I've made beer so any advice would be great thanks

• Store it in your stomach.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• If you've just bottled it you need to leave it in a warm place -20-25C to carbonate for two or three weeks before it's ready to drink. After that you can keep it in a cupboard away from too much light or put it in the fridge ready to drink.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Keeping mine in the basement. 68F and dark. No temp swings.

• @kapea it'll be there soon :)>-

@punkin thanks mate

• Soon you will tire of washing bottles and move on to one big bottle - aka a keg. With kegging you force carbonate - ready in a day or three. Stores in a keg refrigerator. Only one bottle to wash.

Resistance is futile.

• @kapea so true- I'm close to it

• @kapea I know I had that thought in the brew shop as I was buying the bottles. Hind sight

• jezjez
    edited April 2016

Just enjoying my first home brew Mmm very happy :D

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 56K
  • Was drinking 'Big Love Suburban Pale' from Boatrocker Brewing Company last night.
    Very different but I liked it a lot. Almost fruit juice like.

• @jez said: Just enjoying my first home brew Mmm very happy :D

Indeed. Beer brewed by your own hand is the best, no doubt.

fine_selection.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K

• Supporting Local Breweries: Freistädter Brauhaus Revisited

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 33K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 57K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 68K
    4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 98K
    5.jpg
    600 x 800 - 46K
    6.jpg
    600 x 800 - 72K
    7.jpg
    600 x 800 - 63K

• Those crooked plaques on the wall set all my OCD triggers off. :((

I end up straightening pics in doctors surgery's and waiting rooms every where i go.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I liven in Munich for a couple of years, and got make a few weekend trips down into the wonderful Inn valley, my only real experience in Austria, and those pictures are giving me a bad case of nostalgia.

But I'm still stickin' to my guns about the kangaroos, Punkin.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• I hate those work trios that force me next to Sierra Nevada breweries...

Maillard's Odyssey
    Rainy Day

Birth barrel aged.... yum

Add the orientation might be because both are 10.5% ABV

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 64K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 92K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 110K

4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 75K
  • edited May 2016

clausthaler_zwickl_premium_alkoholfrei.jpg
    600 x 800 - 42K

• edited May 2016

While at the ADI conference in San Diego, Bushman and I took a day trip out to Temecula for me to visit an equipment manufacturer I deal with there. On the way back we stopped in Escondido and had a long lunch at Stone Brewing. Fuck me their beer and food are really good. Stone is famous for their high gravity beers. And famous for new twists on traditional high gravity styles. They have a gozillion ways to tweak an IPA.

Not as High Temple of Beer as Sierra Nevada in Chico, but certainly a worthy brewery none the less. Definitely one of the high points of my visit to Southern California last April.

• edited May 2016

I think @Unsensibel should be removed from this forum, SN for Kripes sake! If @Kapea posts pictures of Stone Brewing, then remove him too. At the least make them both sit in the naughty corner, or post more pictures, or post naughty pictures.

If it aint half off, it aint on sale!

• @Malted there's got to be a silver lining when I'm traveling for work. Makes the trips there much more endure-able

• @Unsensibel said: Malted there's got to be a silver lining when I'm traveling for work. Makes the trips there much more endure-able

No one likes a bragger, but some of us like SN a whole lot. Oh Ok, well if you're taking one for the team then I suppose we don't need to draw and quarter you then.

If it aint half off, it aint on sale!

• They sure as hell spend up big on their breweries overseas. But it is not what the building looks like that really counts Malted. Nearly cold enough down here to make this years sparkling ales. Need to had to buy some on the weekend.

• edited May 2016

@rossco said: They sure as hell spend up big on their breweries overseas. But it is not what the building looks like that really counts Malted. Nearly cold enough down here to make this years sparkling ales. Need to had to buy some on the weekend.

True.

But the reality is that making a good drink is ultimately the easiest part. Selling it and making a profit is the hard part. Image and brand recognition all part of the game. For most folks spending the money on the product,,,that building at the very least implies that they know what they are doing.

I heard they do know what they're doing.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Optimist potential brewery owner: "My friends all love my homebrew and say I should open up a brewery and sell it"...

Realist: "charge your friends $6/pint and see how long they keep showing up"...

• If you operate a brewpub you are first and foremost in the restaurant business. Beer brewing is the novelty that makes you standout from the other restaurants around you.

• around here, nearly no 'brewpubs' are opening... all breweries with tap-rooms and distribution... brewpubs are what failed here bigtime in the 80s.

• McGuires in Pensacola and Destin are still going strong, decades in.