StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• edited March 2016

We got a few Crystal Dragon 4" flanges that were machined incorrectly in our last shipment. The recess for the glass is way too small to fit our gaskets or lenses, otherwise they are perfect on the ferulle side.

Running them out at below cost, once they are gone (with any luck :D ) they won't be stocked again.

May very well be suited to a home builder if you can find glass with and OD of less than 118mm or fashion a spacer or somesuch.

Special 4" Flange NOT Crystal Dragon (per pair) @ StillDragon Australia

df4.1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 50K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I could see someone soldering/welding copper pipe to it to make a nice flute!

• Could they be machined out more to conform??
    Do they come with tiebars and nuts? (or whatever you call them, allthread?)

• They don't come with it. No, but the the custom lengths ones are on my site, and allthread at 8mm can be cut to any length.

You'd need to be careful machining them as you may run out of metal if you go too far out. Sold as is.

@SoCalBrewing said: I could see someone soldering/welding copper pipe to it to make a nice flute!

Yep, you could maybe use them as a flange to TC connection with a flat gasket too.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• In getting costs down in my general supply where I need to supply tie-rods, I have changed my method of manufacture. In the past I machined round bar for the thread ends. Today I take threaded rod and weld it to the round bar. So much easier, faster and cheaper.

I do this weld in the lathe where the round bar and threaded rods are in opposing chucks. Works like a dream.

• Hey punkin What's the ID of the ferrule Cheers

• Sorry i missed this what, i'll check when i go down to the warehouse today.

• ID of the ferrule is 97mm odd. There is a small ridge on the face as shown.

• edited April 2016

Got a great sample from China today and will be ordering shortly.

Presenting the latest offering of StillDragon Swag the stainless YoYo. :))

I'll list em on the site for a few dollars once they arrive in a few weeks, but most of them will be given away with larger orders.

yoyo1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 124K

• edited April 2016

Rims Tube, Complete @ StillDragon Australia

Rims tubes are back in stock for those who have been waiting. Threaded connections are gone and sanitary 3/4 TC connections are now standard. Comes complete with clamps and threaded connections for those who want to go back to thread.

• New boiler order arrived today. DA:O

There are a couple of 200l boilers not yet spoken for and a couple of 120's as well. Seems (to be confirmed) that all the 380's were sold before they hit shore i'm sorry.
    I never expected that to happen when i ordered.

There are new stocks of milk cans for those who have been waiting (i know there are a few of you) and that's good.

• 2" Triclamps are back in stock for those who have been chasing them the last couple of days. TNT have just now dropped the express boxes from China. There are also a couple Gin Basket Kits in there as well as the full stock of GinBasket Kits in the next few weeks.

GB4 will be on a first come first served basis.

• edited May 2016

Really excited about the new line to be introduced into Australia of multi use stills.

First one will be a copper creation with copper topped 500l direct immersion boiler. whiskey hat on one side of the boiler and 8 x 8" reduced height copper CIP tees with procaps on the other side of the boiler, the new glass pro Gin Basket with copper basket floor standing and a stainless floor standing condensor with built in pro parrot.

Looking forward to inspecting this unit before shipment in July on our next China trip and it will be in Australia in August, for sale if not sold before then.

Expected to retail here for under $50,000au it will be a beautiful unit for any startup. With the flick of a valve you will be able to run whiskey or rum straight from the whiskey hat as a pot stil, feed the vapour from the pot still into the column, or into the gin basket. You could even feed into the column, do your heads cut and then flick it into the gin basket for a single run gin.
    Or compress and cut heads through the column and take your whiskey/rum/brandy run hearts through the pot still.

Will be a great addition to our stock lineup and make purchasing simpler.

8-}

• Have you stopped selling 6" setups? Guessing a 4" setup would start to be to small for a 200L boiler correct? Not sure if going to 5" would be much of an upgrade for me 7lph on the 5" vs 5-6lph on the 4" (with the correct power of course)

Whats the Lph on a 6"?

• I have stopped stocking 6" yes. The 5"s come standard with Procaps and are vastly more popular here in Aus than the 6"s.
    They suit a 200l boiler perfectly and there are a lot that combo here in Australia. Right at the top of the line for the Artisan setup and at the bottom for commercial distilleries i think they are a very good combo.

I think people are driving them harder than 7lph and most people are not achieving 5-6lph on a 4" (depending on product).

In the US they have gone the other way and stopped stocking the 5" and stuck with the 6". The FIFO guys here love the 200/5" combo.

• Just got notification that my current order should be delivered Friday. Fingers and toes crossed that it is, as it means those who are waiting for backorders (mostly element guards) should get them before i leave for China.

• Order arrived today, i will unpack over the weekend but in the meantime i have listed some element guards back in stock in the shop for those who have been waiting to order. :-??

• Pretty much unpacked, have one crate that's gone AWOL, but hopefully it's found today. I have a stack of new fittings, lots of new Thermowell parts and some other new stuff, but i don't know that i'll get time to photograph and list it all. I'll try to update stocks on the website for those who have been waiting for parts today if i have time, but there is a lot to do before we pack Wednesday night for Thursday departure.

• edited July 2016

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 112K

• Who is the guy in the background?

• Dang Punkin that is a good looking still. very impressive

• The guy with the punkin shaped head?

No idea.

• On top of the onion, I would have put some plates on top so as to run it for whiskey.

BUT, does it not make sense to have a RC ontop of this section.

• Very nice. So what's the damage on that one?
    How big and how's it heated?

• Its 500 liter direct immersion. I dont know the actual retail figure till it gets to me in Tamworth and i figure the actual costs. This line will be a new stock line in either stainless version or as you see here. It can also be done in Crystal Dragon.

Any early enquiries are welcome.

• edited July 2016

You got your money's worth outta the watermarking machine. :))

I like the look of the two tone copper/stainless composite.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited July 2016

Yes it com3s up good

Sunshine has definitely watermarked it for me :))

This picture was taken just before final polishing. I will have some more pics when i get back hopefully. The glass and copper Gin basket is beautiful.

image.jpg
    450 x 800 - 84K

• So you found a place over there to get your helmet polished... Lucky you! ;)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.