StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Welcome to our Next Generation Community Forum!

Comments

• Good on ya mate. Good bunch of helpfull people here.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Welcome jetkrazee. We try and keep things fresh and interesting around here.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• So THIS is where you guys took off to!!! Holy frig, I'm sitting there going "what the heck happened? Did I say something?" Fine, you got your own site eh? Well I found you anyway! And Fester gimme that box of condoms and wooden spoon back! I know you sold the goat, you don't need them any more. I smell burnt toast..hey look at shiny parts...wait..is everybody leaving again...hello...hellooo....crap, eh, more for me....

Congrats Lloyd, awesome site and my controller still works awesome after about 70+ runs.

• About time you showed your ugly mug around here @Goinbroke2.

Jees, some people take a long time to catch on.

• My mom said you have to play with me...

• No, she said for you to stop playing with yourself.

• assuming someone whispered in your ear (and i have a good idea who) after your post in the ghost town. =))

Sit back and have a rest, breathe easy and say what you like, we keep our manners here and speak as we'd like to be spoken too without haveing to write a treatise about it and then break every rule in the book we just wrote :-@

There has been zero drama here.

If your mom said we have to then that's that, but i hope you know my daddies a policeman.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• No Punkin, no drama at all, I've been racing all summer and basically off the internet except for some dragracing sites. Winter hit and I'm back into likker mode and went back on the forums. Doing all-grain and freakin lovin it! Got about 25 bags of sugar I found stored away that I wasn't using doing all-grain and I might be moving this summer so I gotta use that up so I'm doing continuous fermenting of sugarhead. I will make one comment, or observation, if you will; It used to be a bunch of us making stuff in our garage and shooting the shit on line. Now it seems like you guys all went legal and opened distilleries and I'm sitting here thinking, man, must of been a long summer I'm still in my basement brewing......kinda like coming back after summer break and all your friends moved on to college and your still cruising around town in your hotrod in Sept looking for everyone that used to cruise. LOL!

• Hi GB, Welcome. Hope you stop in more.

• Welcome @Goinbroke2, good that you found us. Although it should not be that hard to find us any more, we are well listed with all the popular search engines.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited February 2014

Yep, i can see where you're coming from mate. StillDragon has snowballed more than any of us ever thought. It's like some of the original car companies started. We were just guys in our sheds like you said, we offered stuff to other guys in their sheds that they couldn't get anywhere else in the world, or that they were getting ripped off for from HBS's and profiteering suppliers.

We started off a service to like minded guy's, and i believe although we've grown more than any of us had imagined that we still have that at our core. That's why the copiers will never really compete with what we are, they don't have those core values and are stocking big ticket, profitable items only. They're not interested in supplying a gasket, a bend or a hydrometer at low profit margins. Let alone all copper ferrules turned out of a piece of solid copper. The sole purpose of SD is not to create a business, it is to offer other distillers products at the best value we can and to keep on developing the products as the technology expands. Just like some of those So-Cal shops or some of the custom car builders.

Sounds trite but it's 100% true.

We've come a long way from bubbleballs, but we are still the innovators.

• Very true Punkin, I'm 100% for capitalism and love it that so many have turned a hobby into a business. My retirement is coming in the next 3-5 years and if I move this summer, the next place will be bought with distilling in mind. There's a huge micro -wine industry starting up (for the last couple years) and two of them have started distilling brandy. Since they're getting bus tours from the city I'm thinking of buying close enough that I can get involved. Last summer they were averaging 600 people a weekend on bus tours to the valley! Even a hundred sales a weekend...WOW! But...I digress. I guess I've been sitting on the pot for the last 3 years and am stuck at the business plan stage, unable to move forward due to outside influences, kind of embarassing when I see "newby's" come in and get up and running in the mean time!

Anyhoo..gotta go, heard the wife pull in the driveway and I know she'll want a shot of whisky to wind down after work.

• Whisky i thought you were gonna give her some aged wood.... :)>-

• Found my way here thanks to punkin... got some new shiny SD gear delivered this week, busy getting it set up now (again thanks to punkin) - can't wait to use it. Looks like there is a wealth of info here to make it a lot easier to transition from the old still.

• Welcome mate, good to see you finally busted in. :)>-

• Welcome MIG35, Good to have you in our company.

• Howdy @MIG35
    Don't be bashful, when it's setup and running post a picture. We love that kind of thing.
    Glad you are here.

• Howdy fellas,

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm Smaug's new protege down here in FL and really excited to chat and learn from all of you.

• Welcome to the forum Kid.

• Welcome Kid! Hang on you in for a ride hehehe!

It is what you make it!

• Welcome to the team @Kid and welcome to the forum.

• Yes, the family is growing quickly. Welcome @Kid, and have fun in our exciting community. It's never just a job or hobby, it's a lifestyle! :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I can secon that comment by Moonshine its a lifestyle and welcome

• Looks like a lifestyle I'll be happy to embrace. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

• Quick introduction. I have been lurking and learning for a while on the forum. Seems to be a great bunch of folks willing to shared hard earned knowledge.

I am a beginning distiller with homemade equipment right now. I have a couple of panela, single malt, corn and UJSM runs under my belt and am hooked. Interested in being able to ferment and strip "on the grain". Why? Not sure, but it is something I want to try to work out.

I am gathering parts for the "ultimate stripping rig" described here on the forum. Will collect parts for a 4-6 plate column as the misses allows.

Lowball

• Nice into @lowball. Glad you finally came out to play with us.

• edited August 2014

Hi to all in the forum, I have just become a member today I'm a newbie novice distiller. I have just purchased a basic keg boil controller. Once I find my way around the forum I will be asking lots of questions to do with Distilling and how to use the controller to my best advantage. I'm starting out with a budget reflux still after my uncle long time distiller told me to make my own. Cheers

reflux_keg.jpg
    600 x 800 - 59K
  • edited August 2014

Welcome to our exciting community, @Brewhaha. You have reached your destination, feel right at home here. Once gotten used to our next generation forum, which works a little differently than all those old style forums, I'm sure you'll love it and wont gonna miss it any more. ;)

Have a look at the announcements in our Introduction category for some hints on the special features our forum software provides.

• edited August 2014

Thanks for the welcome Moonshine I'm looking forward to "learnin bout makin some good likker" :)) By the looks of what types of stills are available my little unit my be headed for an upgrade if I don't get the results I'm after with it.

• Welcome! What a cool nick btw, and the still really looks new and shiny! :)>-

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area