StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

StillDragon North America Bulletin Board

Comments

• Oh that is divine :x

• edited July 2015

OK, yes the actual heat exchanger is 48" tall. The base pedestal is approximately 73" tall. The total height to the tri-clamp flange at the top of the apparatus is 10'-5".

The elevations were established based on the fact that we wanted a 48" condenser and we wanted the heads collection dump valve elevation to be 50" off of the floor so that most drums could slide under the parrot for collection.

1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 58K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 68K
    3.jpg
    450 x 800 - 62K
    4.jpg
    450 x 800 - 81K
    5.jpg
    450 x 800 - 65K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Put a clear section between the condenser and parrot mount, so it looks like an old gas pump

• Awesome! Now, for a taller ceiling space. I'm a foot short at present. I assume you then need to allow room above that for the associated pipework.

• We can make it any size you like.

• We can reduce the size of the base and you'll have to address the dump valve elevation with a shorter collection vessel is all.

• I will be adding one to my Distillery! Any thing for side by side columns?

• Yes Bill, the side column bases are in.

Also have a super interesting design for side column mounted to the actual kettle for saving for floor space.

How many plates do you intend to use on your new system?

• HI Larry, i'am thinking 16 total 8'' and your new 6" *48" condenser w/parrot. I have 4 - 8"plates in stock. Like to see your design.

• edited August 2015

Check it out Bill.

Naturally the plate count is academic. We can do this how ever you want it.

Jeff's Modified Space Saver07242015.jpg
    800 x 1033 - 168K

• edited August 2015

By the way here is an illustration of the new 6" tall tee set up against the 12" tall older, heavier version (of 12" tees).

8" tees will be outfitted the same way. That being the 6" tall tee.

Users will be able to save all kinds of height.

Spray balls included as a default standard feature.

new tees.jpg
    600 x 800 - 88K

• Larry; very dice design. How is the price on the 8" * 6" tees and when in stock?

• @smaug - that's a damn clever way to deal with multiple columns. I'm sure that is going to be significantly more cost effective than dealing with side-mount, tables, plumbing, etc. Along with the short tee, you can stack a heck of a lot of plates.

I'm really impressed with some of the new gear, whole new territory.

• Thank you Grim. This design simplifies two or three solutions. Particularly for dedicated vodka production.

• Hello Smaug. Any ideas on incorporating some of this into my rig? I'm feeling obsolete before my stuff arrives.......

• edited August 2015

Imagine if you paid $150k for a Vendome and wanted to add a plate or two. :))

I want that 6" condenser. Easy enough to retrofit.

Anyone need a table/floor mount adapter for a 4" condenser? We ended up not using it and mounting/hanging from the adjacent wall instead.

• @KrookedTusk said: Hello Smaug. Any ideas on incorporating some of this into my rig? I'm feeling obsolete before my stuff arrives.......

Just get with Kid (Jeff). He can take care of you. I'll have him contact you on Monday.

• @Smaug said: By the way here is an illustration of the new 6" tall tee set up against the 12" tall older, heavier version (of 12" tees).

8" tees will be outfitted the same way. That being the 6" tall tee.

Users will be able to save all kinds of height.

Spray balls included as a default standard feature.

You incorprated a Van de Graaff generator into your short Ts! How cool is that?! :D

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @KrookedTusk just change your order get exactly what you want the first time... :D

• @C_M_D said: Larry; very dice design. How is the price on the 8" * 6" tees and when in stock?

At the moment I don"t have a price for 6" diameters with a spray ball.

We are going to sell the 8 x 8 x 3 (6" tall) with SGU and spray ball for $360. And that will also include the 1.5 end cap, clamp and gasket to blank off the CIP accomodation.

The 8 x 8 x 4 (8" tall) with SGU and spray ball for $420. And that will also include the 1.5 end cap, clamp and gasket to blank off the CIP accomodation.

The end user will need to set up irrigation to supply the spray ball with water. Naturally we have enough individual components (stainless valves, adapters, hose) with which to design the supply/feed to the spray balls.

• Done! Thanks Jeff! $-)

• Way cool multi column set up. Can you please advise what the dotted lines are under column 2. I have a small scale set up (nearly finished) that's similar, column 1 plated and column 2 packed with a VM head feeding back to the RC on column 1.

• @grim said: Reflux drain

+1

• what is the price on 7, 8, 9 in drawing? are they in stock?

• The entire assembly (including parrot) is sold as one unit. $3500.

I had two. KrookedTusk picked up the last one today.

The other is going to Jackson Hole Still Works.

• Very nice. Enjoying this thread.

• I'm placing a third order this week, i'm thinking of ordering one for stock.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: I'm placing a third order this week, i'm thinking of ordering one for stock.

We will likely put more into production with Punkin's order too.

Though the 4" that we have does a super respectable job, particularly when coupled with a 2" long condenser, it really is no where near the 6" caliber when considering the commercial environment.

This really is a better solution if you want to drive your still like a wild man. Time is money.

• What's the column diameter of the vodka twin 1000L unit?