StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

StillDragon North America Bulletin Board

Comments

• It's on the site. Starts with a 1.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• That's not so bad

• edited February 2015

@Lloyd said: Kapea, 40 GB4s were sent, I think they were on this shipment. I can guarantee that my fingerprints are on each and every one.
    That does not increase the value... it just means I'm a slave here that folds and packs boxes. :))

That's very cool @Lloyd. I'll never polish them off, and treasure them forever! ^:)^

By the time it gets here it will be half way back to China again. Quite the well traveled Carter head!
    I'm going to call her June, after Johnny Cash's wife, June Carter Cash. I was watching the movie Walk the Line last night and the name came to me...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Smaug said: Can open the hatch with the rake running and a goodly amount will empty on it's own.

I was hoping that would be the case

• edited March 2015

This is for Cobey you guys. He does a great job with this publication. Check it out:

Zen and the Art of Micro-distillation @ MicroShiner - Inspiring a World of Craft Spirits

• Haven't read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance since i was a kid, i'll have to get that from the library i think.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: Haven't read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance since i was a kid, i'll have to get that from the library i think.

Same here, reading Coby's intro there kind of made me realize what an effect that book had on me.

• BTW, StillDragon North America will remain open for business for those of you on that side of the planet.

• edited April 2015

20150411_151946.jpg
    800 x 450 - 52K

• A SpaceX Dragon spacecraft under construction?

• that is one heck of a dremel tool he is buffing with....

• He is knocking down the weld that joins the two halves.

• The dremel is normal size. The man is really small.

• Up in Jacksonville today, wish I had some time to drive down and visit the Fl contingent.

• It is much different since the last visit

• edited April 2015

I think the SD NA guys have stepped out for some Chinese food... In fact I think all the SD guys and gal have stepped out for Chinese food. ;)

• edited April 2015

Check out our new Blog for SD North America.

Florida Craft Distillery Law Change Supports Upward Trend @ StillDragon North America

Hopefully this good news will jump start and build traction for the Florida scene!

• Small steps but in the right direction. Wonder which state will be the first to allow private distillation in the home? Hope it's Florida.

• edited April 2015

Home distillation in the US will have to be legalized on the federal level first.

Four bottles a year? How is that enforced?
    Looks like wholesalers still have a strangle hold via the three tier system.

• edited April 2015

Who cares about the bottles (although 4 bottles is a joke).

the Florida Department of Transportation would now be required to install directional signs to local distilleries for customers on roadways -- a boon to local distilleries that need the support and visibility.

This is huge for those with a dependency on tourist traffic and tasting room sales.

• it is enforced by the state officials the same way that underage drinking is... they try to get the retailer to break the law...

• Who keeps track of the individual's annual bottle count, the tasting room?

• I can see an enterprising undercover officer coming in and trying to coerce you into giving them all four at once...especially if her blouse is unbuttoned and she ...never mind.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• If some hot chick came up to me and started unbuttoning her blouse, I would probably give her my still. Then my car, then.......crap, I'm married.

• The same people that keep track of only selling to people over 21... the retail establishment.... just as there is not a requirement for proving every sale was to someone over 21, there is no specific record keeping requirement for ensuring you did not sell more than 1/2/3/4 bottles to any person....

I politely ask that people do not ask distillery owners to go into hypothetical situations of how someone might circumvent or cheat the system, there is absolutely no productive use for such conversation, and once something is published on the internet, it is there forever... if you want to have that conversation, get to know the distiller owner and ask them in person....

• Well said.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2015

My point was not how to circumvent the law, it was a question about more government mandated paperwork added to the mountain of paperwork already required. New legislation giving with the right hand while taking away with the left, as it were.

I am all onboard with producer to consumer sales. The three tier system is stacked against craft beverage producers. There is an interesting video of Fritz Matag addressing the topic somewhere over on the ADI website.

• StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• I like. Will have to grab one or two when I stop in.

• edited May 2015

My two are flying at about 35,000 ft. above the Pacific Ocean as I write this...

(club colors, StillDragon DC)