StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

StillDragon North America Bulletin Board

Comments

• We used 8" (200 mm). But really only for the sake of the illustration.

We can do this system in any diameter.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited August 2015

We can also offset the plate count ( plates per column) and install bi pass valves so that flavored spirits can be rendered also.

Though that will more likely affect users with ceiling height limitations.

• Larry, what are we looking at for the total unit in 8" with bi-pass valves? 20 plates. just like the drawing. Is the output on the short 8" tees the same the old 8" tees?

• Pricing is better off (and quicker) on the phone or email. If discussed here it's here for a long time and obviously it changes frequently with costs going up and down. Especially something as complex as this.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Hi Bill, The bubble cap assembly in the reduced height tees are the same as the taller tees. Production speeds will be the same for either.

The entire dual set up prices out just as if you are purchasing individual components. There is a slight up charge on the kettle because we are specifying a 5mm wall thickness to accommodate the added weight to the top of the kettle.

Let me get you a drawing Bill to make sure we are on the same page.

• Have a look Bill.

The 6 plate side can be run with minimal reflux. Similar to the way Pickerel (formerly of Maker's Mark) runs the 8 plater with little reflux for his whiskey.

Just think like a pot stiller for whiskey.

StillDragon_1000L_Distillery_20150808_800.jpg
    800 x 1195 - 161K

• Germans are upset about the asymmetry.

• They should be :P

• @Smaug Throw a 3way instead of the elbow right before the 14 plate column and have it connect to the top center of the boiler, BOOM pot still mode!

• Larry, you have me thinking now!!!

• @grim said: Germans are upset about the asymmetry.

and especially the price........

• The symmetry - I'm with you

Price - loving it

• Do you have any 3" copper ez flanges in stock and do you know if they fit the Australian sized pipe? I have 3" VM that I cut up when I moved houses and I would love to put it back together.

• They don't fit aussie pipe mate

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Hammer flare the tube ends fit em to the Eazy Flanges and then solder the fak out of it ... :D That could be made to work easy enough

• Are the brass site glasses a thing of the past?

• We will likely move away from them.

• Are you going to the SS ones?

• I am really intrigued by the black chrome.

• I am still not sure, if the copper colour would be tasteful or not: 1. it only imitates copper but 2. copper and stills are an endless love story. opinions?

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I like my brass ones with their well earned patina. I like the old-school look they provide. I think you guys might be making a mistake taking them out of the lineup.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Kapea said: I like my brass ones with their well earned patina. I like the old-school look they provide. I think you guys might be making a mistake taking them out of the lineup.

Have to agree. The black chrome sounds cool but the contrast of SS and brass will be tough to beat. I know that they are more of a pain in the ass but if people want to buy them...

Smaug, you had told me about possibly a brass front and SS back because of the stripping problem. Is that a dead deal?

• Stripping the threads? You'd have to torque down a lot to do that, no? Brass is pretty hard.

• I think he told me that some were getting cross threaded or something like that. Shit, my memory is only so good these days.

Smaug?

• edited August 2015

Cross threading will happen no matter what the metal. You can't change mechanical inexperience and/or all thumbs-ness.

• @Kapea said: Cross threading will happen no matter what the metal. You can't change mechanical inexperience and/or all thumbs-ness.

^^^ werd.... stainless back sounds like a solution, but with stainless screws, the stainless to stainless will gall... maybe larger screws for those with sausage fingers?

• I like the brass also the older they get the better they look +1Kapea

• I have brass ones, installed new, never messed with, never polished and to date they shine and add a lot of contrast...me likes em, and if they are discintinued then mine will be collectors items... :D

• Mine too! ;)

Mucho mahalos Captain! It arrived yesterday, but I got to the post office too late to bail it out of the hoosegow.