StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Today in the Shed

Comments

• Awesome. We usually do a once a year sausage making party. Usually venison. It's a family tradition and one worth continuing.

I smoke some as well.

sausage 003.JPG
    600 x 800 - 85K
    smokin 004.JPG
    800 x 600 - 65K
  • edited July 2014

Nice one. You lads are making me jelly(jealous)

Hot aussie tip:) if you separate the sausages and line them up individually, unlike the showy display of how you yanks do it. You don't take up as much room so you can cook some prawns (shrimp) on the grill as well. It also makes it easier to flip whilst holding a beverage;)

• Prawns, shrimp, lobster...yummy! All good :D

• Yeah, they look keen don't they? I'm thinking, going on wow's the test patties produced, they'll charge up once they are served a few bangers. :D

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Changed the oil and filter in the Rocker. I love an engine with fresh oil in it, feels great.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Moved from a new discussion which I've just deleted (@captainshooch, I'd say one in the shed thread should do)

@captainshooch said:

Today I started a regular run with a 4 plate, std. bubble cap 4" CD. 30 minutes into the run the GFI breaker trips shutting down all my electric controls. First I open up the controller box and look for obvious signs of overheating or shorts but it's all good. Next I open up the main power supply panel to inspect the wiring to and from the 50 amp 250V GFI breaker, all good also. I disconnect the plug for the controller power supply and it stops tripping and all seems normal. So I start by process of elimination. I take apart the plug at the end of my 8/4 250V supply wire and damn if I see a couple of crickets scamper out and haul ass across the yard. Them bastards managed to trip the GFI and live to tell..so a lesson I learned and hope you all can follow. A GFI breaker is expensive but money well spent.

All my circuits are on GFI which cost a lot more to set up, but it sure is worth having it just in case SHTF! or a f....ng cricket gets in the way!!

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Take him to the wood shed =))

And how could a cricket trip a GFI breaker? I saw something a little like that many years ago with an air conditioner that ants had managed to build an ant hill in and the dirt fowled out the contacts from closing. A bug (an actual bug) disabled the first ever computer.
    You'd think the cricket would be at least extra crispy.

• Years ago I had a similar problem with my RV. A small frog managed to crawl near the piezo spark generator that lights the propane fire for the AC furnace/heater.

He did not live to tell as he must have been instantly electrocuted and what was left of him was grounding out the spark thing and it would not light up. It took me near 6 hours to tear the thing apart and put it back together. Damn bugs!!

The crickets must have been in the process of building a nest or something because there was also some dirt and pieces of grass that fell out of the plug as well. Dunno. X(

• New shed

copps_new_shed.jpg
    600 x 800 - 68K
  • Coops, you are one lucky guy.
    She let you have that much space to work with.

• This is the cheap ass Leviton plug I am using and it is easy to see how em bastards got in!

Can anyone recommend a better plug, needs to fit 6/4 wire and 14-50 configuration since all my 250V things like air compressor, generator, welder etc.. use the same 14-50 style and I want it consistent.

I bet you have it all set up and running in no time @cooperville. Enjoy your time off work. I am sailing on Wednesday :(

cheap_leviton_plug_without_cord_grip.jpg
    600 x 800 - 55K
  • Yeah I'm very surprised one while room in the house and a big room at that Not to sure what I'm going to have to do to make it up but I'm sure it will come soon enough Now I have to put all the sgk on and work out my power options the. Then water options Then I can do some stripping runs before I go back to work Gonna be a fun few days

• Well @captainshooch I'm sailing again next Thursday so I want to get as a much done as I can for now I would use what you have but tape it up good with some good tape not that crappy stuff

• @captainshooch, that plug is clearly missing the cord grip, no wonder em bastards got in that easily. I guess any plug with proper cord grip would do.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @Moonshine it has a cheap green colored piece of plastic on the inside for a chord grip. you can see it in the pic. It grips the chord well but leaves too much space elsewhere. POS plug :))

• @Lloyd I really do not know how they survived (em bastard crickets) sure did not see em wearing a faraday suit =))

• Haha, Faraday crickets, something for the sci-fi folks to ponder about. Probably make for a good movie, maybe a sequel!

Revenge of the FaraCrickets 2

(and the Legend of the Fried Welder Cord)

• edited July 2014

They're hardy bastards and they love a drink. This one came up to bathe in the lees of a wash i tipped out on the lawn a few years ago. Got so drunk he had a nap, bit like me on the lounge last night.

Talk about Pissed As a Cricket..

:))

pissedasa1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 88K

• @punkin you crack me up

"Got so drunk he had a nap, bit like me on the lounge last night."

:))

• wait till you have mole crickets... they eat your lawn grass from the underside.... oh, and captain, I have a friend that works at an RV place, gets me all sorts of used 30a and 50a cords dirt cheap, let me see what kind of ends I have laying around, I am pretty sure I have better ones than that...

• Thanks @CothermanDistilling that 6/4 wire is a bear when trying to stuff em 4 strands into a small plug.

• Charge coming up to temperature now. 90 shengs ujsm wash and 20l feints/strip. should be a nice combo run to fill a day in.

• @punkin are you going to run single pass with your CD?

• Yes mate single pass with a combo wash/feints charge. Pearsons square tells me that a 12\% wash with a 40% feints charge will put 110 shengs of 17% in the boiler. Should be good for a single pass.

• Pulling heads now at a tadge over 90% on 4 plates.

• New plates? How quick is it going?

• edited August 2014

No mate, can't afford new plates here :)) Maybe when i'm fully stocked and not taking a set from someone else i will try them, but for the amount of times i run a year i'm time rich. With the gas i am in a position to take advantage of them though... :-?

Just still pulling heads at 1.2l/hr.