StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Foodie - The Food Thread - For Our Food Lovers!

Comments

tesla_model_3_cookie.jpg
    600 x 800 - 35K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited April 2016

chook3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 106K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Nice Autumn day today and i haven't got a lot of work to do stuff i feel like doing, so i thought i'd fire the smoker up.

Fattie for dinner tonight, don't feel like the soggy bacon weave so it's a naked one.
    Pork mince 50/50 with sausage mince sprinkled with maple sugar and sage then mozzarella, ham, bacon fried in chipotle in adobe, chicken free flow, pineapple and semi dried tomatoes with more mozzarella and a smoky rub. I meant to take a pic of the internals but forgot.

Be sitting back with a few beers this arvo and the world can get fucked.

Absolute naive bastard tip #78;

Do NOT search google for naked fattie with pics.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Like when I googled 'what's the white stuff' after the Oreo pics a few pages back.

• edited April 2016

image.jpg
    573 x 800 - 66K
  • edited April 2016

Fattie turned out bloody fantastic.

fattie2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 96K
    fattie3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 78K
    fattie4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 84K

• Smok'n a fatty !!!! looks GOOOOOOD!!!!

fattie1.jpg
    700 x 610 - 100K

• johnny outta be ashamed of his self..cough cough...here...

• edited April 2016

SchniBraSa

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 72K
  • edited April 2016

I don't know whether they're called Yros, gyros, kofta or whatever, but i trimmed and minced some chump chops from my mates dorpers, mixed with herbs and spices and molded.

They'll go on the mini charcoal grill soon, and be served on corn tortillas toasted on the charcoal with the tatziki sauce and herbs from the garden.

Quite looking forward to them really.

lamb2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 68K

• I do not have the slightest clue what

"minced some chump chops from my mates dorpers" means. But it looks good I would give it a go.

• jezjez
    edited April 2016

image.jpg
    800 x 450 - 73K

rice_cooker_pancakes.jpg
    800 x 601 - 46K

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited April 2016

@frodo said: I do not have the slightest clue what "minced some chump chops from my mates dorpers" means. But it looks good I would give it a go.

Dorpers are a breed of meat sheep. A mate of mine grows a few on his hobby farm and we knock em over and cut them up for chops and roasts. The crappy chops where the leg meets the loin are known as chump. They have pockets of fat and muscles going every which way and are usually a second grade cut that's sometimes (especially in dorper lamb) a bit tough.

Chump chops @ Simply Beef and Lamb

@SDeurope i have been using that cut of boneless pork loin you asked about a lot lately as they had whole ones on special at my butcher. I sliced the loin thinly across the grain into 4mm steaks and froze themin freezer bags packed in a vac sealed bag. 4 steaks to a bag (for two people) 8 bags to a pack.
    I've been using these bashed out and marinaded on the charcoal grill for satays and stuff and they go very well.

She brought some beautiful young ginger home from the shops the other day, the kind that you can peel by rubbing with your thumb and nearly squeese the juice out of.
    It inspired me to do a marinade so i used stacks of grated ginger, some honey, pepper and chinese cooking wine in the fridge in a bag for 48 hours and then threaded on the skewers.

The vegies were tossed in salt, pepper, fennel seeds, balsamic and olive oil and included fennel bulb, celery, mushrooms, banana chilli, bok choy, leeks, bell peppers etc

vegies1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 112K
    vegies2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 99K

• :((

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited April 2016

Thanks for the knowledge. Around here we get a beef brisket, it is like the Chump tough and stringy. BUT, we put them on a smoker about 140 degrees (60°C) cook them low and slow for 8 to 10 hours. Turns into some of the finest meat around. Do you smoke the Chumps?

Brisket5.jpg
    800 x 533 - 91K
  • No mate, they are done into chops and grilled or braised.

We, like you, also don't throw the brisket away :))

• .you need to build a smoker, you do not know what your missing

i have never eaten sheep or lamb, i have eaten goat

• edited April 2016

Like the offset smoker i have, the small charcoal spit i have, the large charcoal spit i have, the small charcoal grill i have, the gas grill i have, the hot fish smoker i have, the cold smoke generator i have or the cold smoker i have?

Don't tell me with 8 bbq's i need another one?

Goat is better than lamb in my opinion. Goat is a VERY similar meat in taste and colour and texture, but lamb has a very strong gamey taste and particular smell that you get used to and don't realise it until you start eating goat.

We'll be going to find some goats in the hills here in the next couple weeks i think.

• edited April 2016

bbq7.jpg
    800 x 600 - 107K
    bbq8.jpg
    800 x 600 - 103K
    beatenbygirl1.jpg
    800 x 568 - 67K
    bbq10.jpg
    800 x 600 - 135K

• edited April 2016

all right I Give up....Ya'll are not a bunch of outback hicks...
    if you have 8 smokers you could qualify to be my next door neighbor

a country hick,,that you and your kids ?

image.jpg
    456 x 800 - 32K
  • Nah, that's me and you and you got beat by a girl someone who doesn't know what they're missing. :))

• SO you gonna rope them goats... PUNKIN?

B-) :))

• Lead lassoo :))

• He who dies with the most toys and all.

• edited April 2016

Just for @SDeurope, no chew food.

Chicken Noodle and Vegetable Soup with Garlic Croutons;

soup1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 78K

• edited April 2016

Butterflied Whiting with lime pepper, Kumera and Caraway chips and garlic bread for one, all cooked on the charcoal.

And served

fishandchips3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 115K
    fishandchips2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 119K
    fishandchips1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 104K

• edited April 2016

Oh wow, Me Love Fish & Chips, but where is the MAYO ??? =P~