StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Foodie - The Food Thread - For Our Food Lovers!

Comments

• Best meal we had in my opinion. We had some very good food but navigating through the bones was all too common. This treat here is unobstructed good eats.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Hamburgers tonight.

Got a couple kilos of blade steak this morning and ran it through the mincer along with 800gm of pork fat from the heritage pigs we did on the weekend.

Mixed with 10% breadcrumbs, a small chopped onion, salt and pepper, onion salt and a pinch of cumin. I found 1 cup makes a 225gm (8oz) burger.

Looking forward to putting these over the charcoal. Pics probably.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Sambar Ossobuco for me.
    Picked up 5kgs of pork back fat today as well so the mincer is going to cop a work out soon.

• edited April 2016

Paella any weekend....

paella abril.jpg
    800 x 600 - 99K
  • Wow. Beautiful

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @XEIP said: Paella any weekend....

Holy.... Reserve some seats, we are coming! :-h

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited April 2016

Unquestionably delicious looking.

I had the best burger I've ever had last night. Took all day to make but worth it.

Onion and bacon balsamic jam, pineapple, home grown pickled beetroot, lettuce and sweet baby rays best on a Bakers delight bun toasted over the coals.

burger1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 123K
    burger2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 97K
    burger3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2016

Nice lookin' swimps @XEIP!

Calico clams too.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited April 2016

His and hers chicken nuggets. Thigh fillet bashed out a bit and cut into bits coated in seasoned flour, egg and a crumb/rice bubble mix. And a pineapple ring for her cause there would be tears if i had crumbs out and didn't make a pineapple ring (probably mine). Served with hot peanut sauce.

You can tell i'm a salad dodger.

nuggets1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K
    nuggets2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 123K

• Oh man! We just had the best meal and it was sooo easy.
    No photos but it was a few cans of this stuff in a casserole dish with the meat off a deer shank and a splash of water then in the oven @ 120° and forgotten about for a few hours. It flaked up nicely for a 'pulled' meat.
    The other half came home with some brioche buns, a few sweet corn cobs and a cabbage so we made a sour cream slaw and pigged out on smoky sliders.
    Will definitely be doing that again.

• edited May 2016

Fatty.

fattie5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 145K

• You don't win friends with salad

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K
  • Crunchy Pork belly crackling , beer and prawns (lunch)

2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K
  • edited May 2016

Guess what is meeting Mr Charcoal tonight?

NoPomegranatesWereHarmedInTheMakingOfThisDishPunkin

kofta1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 87K

• edited May 2016

kofta2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 111K

• edited May 2016

Fresh fish & Chips. Only fish, onions, potatoes and a little salt in the oven..... and a little extra virgin olive oil!

chopas 1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K
    chopas 2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K
  • edited May 2016

Someone mentioned Singapore style Sate the other day. I love my homemade peanut sate sauce but this here is one of the best products in the world.
    It's out of hong Kong, costs a bomb, but if you can get Jimmy's Sate Sauce then you are very much in luck. It's supossed to be a finishing/dipping sauce but i love it for an easy marinade when i don't feel like whizzing onions and chillis and stuff.

Those who check backgrounds may spot one other of the best products in the world.
    The undisputed best cake/biscuit (the debate rages on) on the planet. A gift from the poms.

sate1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K

• I wonder what these guys taste like?

emu.jpg
    800 x 600 - 150K
  • edited May 2016

@jacksonbrown said: I wonder what these guys taste like?

Chicken...but that's just a guess

• I let him go again.
    Stupid chook walked straight into the goat pen and I swung the gate closed behind him.

• Choo Choo!

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 49K
  • edited May 2016

Emu is deep red and like beef. Would never shoot one though. Not worth it in lots of ways. Had them as pets and they are mad bastards. The best in our area is hairy nose wombat.. ( hand reared them as pets until the males become full of testosterone and savage with massive rat like teeth and brick like 30 kg body - when they come you run) Bit of a pest in farming areas and thinned out. Farmers are supposed to leave on ground ( sure) but we work with aboriginal people and do swappsies. Much like pig but a it of gamie flavour and could be used exactly same as pig. Only eaten in summer when flesh drier but very good. Roo is roo but roo tails , which can be bought in our supermarket with skin and fur on are excellent. Probably have a few on Sunday for Mother's Day but she will have to cook them as she is the master. A lot like oxtail but we cook whole and plain in foil on barbie. While writing @punkin hunted for info on the jimmys sate sauce as it was me recently in Singapore. By the looks it is the ducks nuts and used extensively. Got some on order already. I see it is used as is and also modified quite a lot to taste. Also are these Jaffa cakes worth a bash?

crispy_duck_wraps.jpg
    800 x 800 - 113K

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited May 2016

Goodo @GD50 , great info there.

The Jaffa cakes have a lot said online too, there is a long standing internet debate on whether they are a biscuit or a cake. :D

I'd generally call them a biscuit as they are biscuit sized and have a slight crispness that's nearly a crunch, but if the manufacturer calls them cake then that's pretty much good enough for me too.
    They are definately worth a crack if you see them anywhere although i don't know if i'd go to the trouble of having them flown in.

I'll do a search for the Jimmy's sauce, i didn't realise it had a following, but should have. It's that good.

The pork chops that i spread with it two days ago and put in the fridge were cooked over charcoal last night and were received extremely well.

• edited May 2016

relish.jpg
    800 x 800 - 65K

• edited May 2016

YOU!
    YES, YOU BEHIND THE BIKE SHED,
    STAND STILL LADDIE!

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 29K

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Is that picture caused by the condiments or the Jaffa cakes. I see you found the jimmys uk site. Read some of the comments on the recipes and you will find it is used heaps.

• Cut up 4 small pigs again today. Did my one a little differently and sacrificed the loin chops and bellys in order to get 4 racks of ribs and some fillet for skewers out of it. One of the girls gave me her bellies (doesn't eat bellies or hands, YIPPPEE) so i have 6 racks of ribs to go in the offset with two hams and maybe a fattie if there's room next Sunday.

i_wish.jpg
    800 x 600 - 53K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area