StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Showroom/Warehouse

Comments

• edited September 2017

Congrats @Punkin, I think.......

MovingSucks

• edited September 2017

Yes it does, and i'll be moving house for the first time in 20+ years too.

I'm sure i'll forget about it on my first 3 min walk to the beach though.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited September 2017

Stilldragon Woolgoolga. Nice place. Might even get a good curry as lots of Sikh's. Better polish up or get a new boat and finally get those nice rods out again.

You will be able to buy bananas by the bunch and also come over here for fishing holidays as every year we get a big influx of people from Coffs Harbour for a few months. Maybe don't get that boat as if they come here there must be few fish there.

My favorite places were Minnie Waters, Redrock and Diggers Camp.

• Spent a lot of time at Wooli, Minnie Waters. Also South West Rocks and all places in between over the years. Wooli is my favourite launching spot and has the best Chinese in Australia.

Lot of snapper, Spanish Mackeral, tuna, sharks and everything in between tween Minni and Coffs. Best fishery on the east coast for snapper i reckon, although i know some guys at Port Stephens who would dispute.

But 10 kilo is bragging down the pub for a week material and six is a real good fish, not like the 20 kilo monsters that you guys get.

You guys get King George Whiting but we get Pearl Perch and i reckon that makes up for it. Specially as they grow upwards of 6 kilo too, although 4kg is a goodun.

I'll see about buying another boat, being able to fish midweek means i may be handy for crew for some guys.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited September 2017

Local beach is a bit of an eyesore really....

woolgoolga-beach-picnic-area-02.jpg
    800 x 469 - 97K

• edited September 2017

I will take the pearl perch as although king george is the perfect commercial fish - and is ok - i much prefer the more fishy or medium size fish for chinese steamed or fried type feed. Mind you KG is sometimes around $60 kg filleted so someone must like it. Now taylor fishing tickles my fancy a bit and of course australian salmon are thick here and maybe some there and good baked in coals very fresh. You got blackfish and bream also which i dont mind.

But snapper and mulloway (say 40kg) fishing here rocks.

Wolli is good .

• Congrats @punkin, I guess, lools like a life changer from here. ;)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @Punkin I must have misunderstood. I am sad to see business so slow you are forced to move to a place with scenery like that.

BetterLuckInTheFuture =D>

• Hoping the business allows me some time to enjoy it. But it should be better for customers too as the coastal hwy is Australias ring road and therefore shipping is a little cheaper and faster from the major centres (Coffs Harbour is 20mins) there.

Also a bit handier for anyone wanting to visit to pick up goods or see the equipment.

• edited September 2017

Well this is an awesome turn of events, but it could prove expensive :D

• @Smaug said: Your truck or a rental?

Isuzu sold those as Chevy/Isuzu LUV Trucks here in the States

@punkin said: Nah that's mine i've had it for many years and it has 330,000km on it (only 100,000 0f that mine). It got a workout over the last two days and i could not have done it at all without the forklift.

The flatbed is on the schedule to get a SD colors wrap, yah? ;<)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited September 2017

That elevator will come in handy when you load grain into your mill/mash tun.

** Just read the part about your upcoming move. Save the space in Tamworth for your distillery and tasting room.

Then I can welcome you to the Serial Entrepreneurs' Club...

• Don't worry Rossco, i'll look after you when we are neighbours.

Yeah it's a Holden (GM) here and has a little 2.8l turbo deisel. It pulls really well and has served me for thousands of K's pulling the boat and going bush when we wanted.
    It has a little rust and is covered with hail dents otherwise i would have given it the sticker treatment.

Rust is one of the downsides to my new location.

The other is the temptation to skip work.

If i catch myself fucking off from work one more time i swear i'll sack me.

• One of the great things about being a business owner - the boss is easy to get along with... Mine gives me time off whenever I want.

• Those occasional 18-hour days can be a real ball-buster though.

• My boss is an utter bastard.

I work my own hours. I can choose any 14 in each day of the week.

• I can't pronounce that, but congrats anyway, this is how I will pronounce it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNj1IYt031w

• edited September 2017

Wool ghoul ga

This is close but it's wool not woool

How To Pronounce woolgoolga

Shed is in the circle so easy walk to the beach but a bit of a push bike ride back from the pub. At least it's downhill on the way back.

woolgoolga.jpg
    800 x 464 - 53K

• Awesome. Your flowers should still be fresh enough to decorate the new place.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• May go over on the weekend and do some measuring and figuring. If i do i'll take the flowers and do some photos, although there's not much to see there except a shed full of the owners crap atm.

• edited September 2017

We are Woopi natives. Peter and Heidi still live there. Been making some interesting beer too punkin, should get the chance to come and learn some stuff. The hops are just sprouting. Think I might put down 60litres of Porter on the weekend, just in case.

• Owner's crap,,,,,and flowers.

• I'd love to come and learn Rossco, i haven't brewed for a year or so but may have some rusty skills i could help out.
    Been trying to nail a mid strength recipe but can't get the grain flavour in there, all my beers taste like hoppy water.

Noticed my Cascade plants are all nearly 3 feet tall and sprouted while i wasn't looking.

• Shoveling spent grains out of the lauter tun is highly skilled labor, no doubt! ;<)

• edited September 2017

Sounds like you might not be mashing out at a high enough temperature there Punkin.
    over-conversion

• Looks like that new place will put a helluva strain on your don't-fuck-off module. And this is from a guy who's is looking through the boathouses and across Puget Sound as I write this.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• @zymurgybob said: Looks like that new place will put a helluva strain on your don't-fuck-off module. And this is from a guy who's is looking through the boathouses and across Puget Sound as I write this.

Thats funny. Had a job back in construction days working on a building smack dab on Hollywood Beach. Couldn't get a damn thing done.....Bikinis everywhere.

• I'm hoping i will be able to schedule the skyving so it does not interfere with the work. Here's hoping.

• 10 minute skyving break every two hours?

• edited September 2017

I'm thinking maybe fucking off to the beach sometime in the morning for an hour before or after packing orders, then fucking off to the pub sometime in the afternoon for an hour may slip under the bosses nose.
    It's the fucking off all day fishing and then going to the pub afterwards that's going to get me sack.

I think it's only the fact that no one else is going to do the work that's saved me from sacking myself so far as it is. Maybe i can keep relying on that?