StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Showroom/Warehouse

Comments

• Well not quite two years since my last move and i'll be signing a new lease in the next couple of days.

I tried extending the warehouse life by extending upwards with pallet racking but that only lasted months.

The new space is the back half (the big half) of a large freestanding industrial building. It's 350 square meters of floor space plus a racking area and a mezzanine. Two high roller doors, one with remote electric openor.

It's a very nice space right around the corner and i got it at a very good rental. Photos to come next week.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Eyepredict2small2soon,,,lol

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• It is great to see that your great service and the good product are rewarded by increased business making the need for larger premises, congratulations!

• Thanks guys. I am trying my best despite being useless to keep every line i have in stock all the time. It's difficult when you're dumb but that's why my warehouse keeps growing.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• It's customary to carry a pot belly boiler over the threshold.

• I can carry the 120's ok, so should be able to manage.

Shit, i don't have any uncrated, only the 250l system. Does it still count if i use the fork lift?

• Thats what you got the f.....er for. So thats being smart - same result easier and less strain on the aging body.

• @punkin said: I can carry the 120's ok, so should be able to manage.

Shit, i don't have any uncrated, only the 250l system. Does it still count if i use the fork lift?

I did with my ex!

J/K

Congrats on the growth. You deserve the success you are seeing IMO!!

• Thanks Steve i appreciate the comments. This is the first 'big boys shed' and even though i only have half of it i am jumping up and down and hugging myself like a little kid i'm that keen.

• I have a hard time believing you are dumb Punkin. Seems you turned a hobby into a business, operated it, and although I haven't been here all that long, have heard of two expansions. Not too many dummies manage that.

Take a bow my man.

Congrats.

• Truely i never ever thought i would get the support from guys like you and me that i have. It's humbling man.

• You know you made it when you can be giddy about signing a big lease. Most of us are shaking in out boots when we do it.

• edited August 2017

It's the price i got it for that's made it an easy decision.

It's 3.5 times as big (plus the mezzanine and rack storage) at an extra 55% rent. An absolute no brainer. I'm going from 1100 sq' to 3,800 sq'

• Good onya mate!! Just remember it's not all about size :-S

• edited August 2017

No, it's in the way i use it. ;)

• congrats! must be a feeling like early Christmas for you :)

still waiting for the pics, though ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Hopefully sign the lease and get the keys today, if not then tomorrow. I'll take pics as soon as i get in.

• edited August 2017

I'm moving in today. I'll take some more pics at some stage.

This big electric elevator goes up to the mezzanine, the previous tenants were floor tilers so i'm assuming they used it to store stock up there. Would have preferred they left the staircase rather than the elevator....

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 45K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 73K

• What is that contraption thing?

• edited August 2017

House warming gift

Punkin Flowers.jpg
    200 x 225 - 12K

• edited August 2017

It's an electric elevator. It's chained up to the roof out of the way at the moment, but when in use hinges down from the mezzanine to the floor. I'm assuming you load it with boxes and it carts them up to the guy standing on the mezz who stacks them up there.

Not much good to me unless i want to give the kids rides on it as i have a fork lift.

Thank you for the gift.

• edited August 2017

Finally moved in. 2 big days but the change in available space is drastic. A few pallets of parts to put on the shelves yet but the major stuff is done.
    Apologies to all the customers who have waited while the move was in progress and i hope to get you all sorted over the next couple of days although all the simple orders have been getting done in the early hours.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 73K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K
    4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K

• The flowers look great on the mez...........

• Room for both 1000L Double Dragon & 1000L Caribbean Trad Rum double-retort setup in that space mate :))

• @Pa_bon said: The flowers look great on the mez...........

Not gonna lie. It's true.

Seriously, congrats mate.

Your truck or a rental?

• Nah that's mine i've had it for many years and it has 330,000km on it (only 100,000 0f that mine). It got a workout over the last two days and i could not have done it at all without the forklift.

I think the flowers brighten the whole place up, thanks for being so thoughtful Larry.

• You're very welcome.

I do what I can.

• edited August 2017

@Curators_Reserve said: Room for both 1000L Double Dragon & 1000L Caribbean Trad Rum double-retort setup in that space mate :))

Well yes, but i have 5m of fittings due in the next week or so and a full container of boilers a couple weeks after that. I always say my spaces will last me ages but they never do. The last shed looked very empty when i moved in with a couple boilers and two shelves of fittings, but there was barely enough room to park the forklift in there last week.

But anyway, place the order Steve and i'll make sure i save some space to fit them in. #:-S

• Looks like this shed is going to be the shortest occupied of my spaces yet.

Signing a lease on a bigger shed 4 hours east on the coast next week. Glad i did a practice move as now i'll know a bit of what i'm up against.

StillDragon Tamworth will become StillDragon Woolgoolga before xmas. B-)