StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

No Topic Thread

Comments

• @jacksonbrown That would be interesting reading and i would probably agree.

• How would the Democrats and Clintons control what was reported on Australian media? Perhaps the media of rest of the world were the only ones to tell it how it really was?

• Maybe Australian media just echos what is reported in the US media. Gasp! Could the Australian media be part of the globalist movement? Say it isn't so!!

The only ones to tell it like it really was were Wikileaks. They published what they found, as they found it - unchanged, to be seen as it was originally written. The Clinton lapdog media either ignored that completely, or lied about it when it was impossible to ignore it.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Do I dare ask for examples??

• Dunno about that, we have foreign correspondents. Australia is famous for her foreign correspondents and their fearless pursuit of the truth. Australians are also famous for respecting the highest office in the land but not necessarily the clown in the job, take the guy who said he was going to shirtfront Vladimir Putin as a very recent example. Did we get all defensive when he was ridiculed by the world press, heck no, we agreed with them!

• @SoCalBrewing said: I'm a Lions fan and that will never change

I'm truly sorry for you! Every week they pay, I'm thankful fit the wings

• Generally, it's sad to see that now, after the election is over, the repetition of platitudes is spilling over in this forum. For most people that I know, this wasn't a vote of preference but one against the candidate they were opposed to the strongest. Either way, the result is in and we will see the impacts and whatever changes may come next year.

• This entire election cycle was disgusting on both sides since before the primaries even ended. At this point I'm just glad it's over and hope both parties learn the right lessons.

• edited November 2016

@kimbodious said: Dunno about that, we have foreign correspondents. Australia is famous for her foreign correspondents and their fearless pursuit of the truth.

Well, here is what the world is seeing coming out of Oz. Looks eerily simular to the post that started this discussion:

image.jpg
    557 x 800 - 78K

• There's a reason for that, and if you give it some thought you may come to the conclusion that the same sort of headlines are echoed around the world. And it just may be that people have the same impression of the guy and it also may be that the impression of the people around the world is not entirely influenced by Hilary Clintons press aides.

I can't say i'm insulated or imovable from press, either newspaper or TV. I can say that i don't watch, listen to or read the 'news', watch 'current affairs' or read the paper (unless i happen to be at the pub for lunch and not talking to someone and the paper is on the bar). If i want to know about something i google it after becoming aware from a conversation on the net or around me that there is an issue that interests me.

Well said Kimbodius about the office deserving respect.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited November 2016

@punkin said: There's a reason for that, and if you give it some thought you may come to the conclusion that the same sort of headlines are echoed around the world. And it just may be that people have the same impression of the guy and it also may be that the impression of the people around the world is not entirely influenced by Hilary Clintons press aides.

Hillary Clinton's "press aides" = CBS, NBC, ABC, AP, CNN, MSNBC... That has been shown, in no uncertain terms, by the Wikileaks release of Clinton campaign emails.

Those "press aides" tried desperately to control the agenda, shamelessly lied, smeared any and all opposition, to make a deeply flawed candidate look like the inevitable winner. But they failed miserably. Their boss has been just too corrupt for too long. Enough people were not fooled.

• Can we now buy blue hoses at a discount?

• @Kapea said: I'm curious as to how you think insulting the duly elected leader of another country is going to turn out.

You get the respect you're showing.

Do you think this forum is a Progressive echo chamber?

Do you think it's a conservative echo chamber? Obviously yes as you're repeating the same cliche's that I've seen on TV over the last 18 months. I'm quite sick of it by now. If you have something new to add to the discussion - awesome!

On that note, here's an interesting article about how SNL and the media bias could have contributed to her losing the campaign

• I guess you can add spite to the list of American values. Everyone else just wrote it off a sexism and racism.

You guys voted him in. This is the conclusion the world is coming too.

• Lets keep it civil gentlemen.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Your right, I'm out.

• jezjez
    edited November 2016

like him or hate him the people have voted, lets hope he does a decent job for the people. As we all know no matter how good a job he does he will always have people saying he's crap and he done nothing for them, it's just the way things are.

time for a new subject LOL

hey look over there its a cat

super_cat.jpg
    700 x 443 - 32K
  • this is why most forums have a political talk containment thread....and enter at your own risk

th4CZ3IRK0.jpg
    300 x 214 - 16K
  • A mute reminder of the poppy fields and graves.

Wrong war i know, but right sentiment.

• edited November 2016

Let me guess @unsensibel, you're with her, and you get your "news" from Comedy Central and HBO.

A quick ride around Detroit will give you a good view of what progressive policies produce. The proof is all around you.

• edited November 2016

And, keeping with the cat theme:

fart.jpg
    540 x 361 - 36K

• This year 11 November marks the 98th anniversary of the Armistice which ended the First World War (1914–18). Each year on this day Australians observe one minute’s silence at 11 am, in memory of those who died or suffered in ALL WARS and armed conflicts.

• edited November 2016

@crozdog said: Lest we forget.

Amen.

• edited November 2016

Happy Birthday Devil Dogs!

image.jpg
    640 x 504 - 46K
  • edited November 2016

@SoCalBrewing said: Happy Birthday Devil Dogs!

241 years of screw-on lids... ;)

• @Kapea said: Let me guess unsensibel, you're with her, and you get your "news" from Comedy Central and HBO.

A quick ride around Detroit will give you a good view of what progressive policies produce. The proof is all around you.

So if I'm not infatuated with one, I automatically am aligned with the other? Come on! Are you that simple and can't realize that this choice was between two deeply flawed candidates?

My point is that the entrenchment needs to stop. The election is over, there's a winner. Stop whining, stop gloating and let's move on! Same goes for the protesters burning shit on the streets and all the folks that are now moving to Canada and joining the ACLU etc.

• @jez said: This year 11 November marks the 98th anniversary of the Armistice which ended the First World War (1914–18). Each year on this day Australians observe one minute’s silence at 11 am, in memory of those who died or suffered in ALL WARS and armed conflicts.

Today in America we celebrate Veteran's Day. A shout out to all who fought to keep us safe.

As far as the election goes, any success that Trump has will be attributed to something that Obama started. Same as how any failure that Obama had was blamed on George Bush. You can spin anything any way you like it to make you feel better.

Me? I'm just going to continue working to make a better life. Hopefully with less regulations and lower taxes in the future.

• Mixed at so far...

Checked out a building that would be really good to start the distillery in at a reasonable price.

Met with the city after being told pretty sternly that the zoning would not allow for it