StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Show Us Your Dragon

Comments

• This is a bit more like my preferred setup for a probe.
    You only need one bend and can change direction with the tee. Then just stick the probe in the side.
    You can still swing the arm out too if you want

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 148K
  • Yep can have the collection point at any angle you want if you don't have to get an alcometer to float upright :O)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• jezjez
    edited January 2016

@punkin thanks I thought that might of been the case,I changed it over last night and thanks for your help and great service :) :)
    I have a day spare this weekend so I will be running her for the first time with 30%low-wines just making neutral at this stage so I can get used to it and how things work.

• edited January 2016

No worries Jez, thank you for your patience. I'm looking forward to your views of the Ace and the Parrot.

All the backorders are now sorted on the Ace of Hearts and there is one left in stock till my new order comes next month when pretty much all the out of stock items will be restocked.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin, does that include 4" CDs?

• Yes mate, i am only out of lenses and i have them coming. The CD lenses are better than ever, the samples look fantastic with the flame cut edges that should hopefully eliminate all the edge chipping the early models were prone to.

• Sweet, thanks :-)

• edited March 2016

Playing with ideas for a small boiler and fitted with an onion expansion top that is super cheap to make.

onion DN200.jpg
    786 x 391 - 14K
  • Here you go...

image.jpg
    450 x 800 - 55K
  • I like that serial number!

• The Power Of The Dragon! \m/

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited March 2016

@CothermanDistilling said: Here you go...

Looks great.

Do you find that it gives you a great result on your 50L still. Here I also mean, when vapour passes through the onion it undergoes pressure and velocity change and ultimately in part condenses back to the boiler. i.e. it is in part a very small dephlegmator.

So it also begs the question ........ why not leave your dephlegmator in position with "small" amounts of cooling water passing through. This for sure will perform the same function.

• Just a thought but would that depressurisation result in condensation or superheated vapour?? Or possibly neither?
    I'll have to ruminate on that one a bit.

• edited March 2016

A quick question regarding correct ONION orientation with tapered connection. Bulb on the top or on the bottom. ????

Thermal logic tells me on the bottom ??

2.jpg
    480 x 344 - 38K
    1.jpg
    800 x 533 - 92K
  • Surface area at top. Reflux runs down.

• jezjez
    edited July 2016

Finally have my upgrade set up and ready to run hopefully on the weekend.

A big THANKS to @punkin for your great service ounce again :)

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 66K
  • Looks great.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• You wont knowyourself at 5l per hour Jez. B-)

• Spot the bling

• GASP!
    Plastic on the product outlet?!
    Oh the humanity!! ;)

Nice looking machine jez. You're gonna love it.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Kapea Its not plastic its silicon hose from a brew shop. Is that alright to use ??

• edited July 2016

He's just messin with ya @jez :)

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• On another forum you would be banned for life just for thinking about allowing anything but metal touch your spirits. I was making fun of them.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Cool..... I don't like the look of it so when punkin gets back I'll be getting a stainless parrot just for ease of catchment and some more stainless as I'm only making triple spirit run kale wash vodka and now with my run times dramatically reduced might even have a few goes at quadruple run vodka. Awesome equipment so easy to use and makes great products.

• edited July 2016

Finally got her fired up this weekend:

And the result is spectacular - especially for a beginner like me:

Thanks to the boys and girls at SD NA for all your help (and patience!) to get this done. I couldn't be more pleased.

1.jpg
    534 x 800 - 62K
    2.jpg
    800 x 534 - 31K
  • @zzyzx lots of nice stainless there.Do you have plates in all of those Tee sections.

• @jez said: zzyzx lots of nice stainless there.Do you have plates in all of those Tee sections.

yessir, 9 plates w/ procaps

• @zzyzx very nice. What do you make and how fast does she run ? If you don't mind me asking.

• edited July 2016

Thanks @jez. Sorry I really don't have anything to go by as far as run time goes yet. I just got her set up and running, then started twisting knobs to see what happens. So mostly me experimenting... Anyway, she ran for a couple of hours with about 1800 W in, then the pump for the cooling water quit. But I did get about a gallon of some pretty sweet hearts before the pump died...

New pump is on the way...