StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats the highest proof you get??

123457»

Comments

• @FloridaCracker said: I remember back in about 1975 there was a big push for the US to turn metric. You know what they say about old dogs......

ours is the only industry that went metric... well, kinda, they don't measure proof-liters now do they....

• @crozdog said: what are these galloon things? I'm fully metricimicated....

what diameter rims are on your car?

• @CothermanDistilling said: what diameter rims are on your car?

Tires are totally bastardized - tread width in mm, ratio in % and diameter in "

• @CothermanDistilling said: what diameter rims are on your car?

no idea. I'm sure the tyre dude does.

• edited October 2015

In Ozzie land we talk in both inches and metric, but it sort of depends on your age.

Kids are almost all metric, the older you are the more old mesurments are used.

As above tyre rims are mostly inches, the rubber metric, tyre pressure often in lbs.

Weights mostly metric, but often expressed as stones when talking about people and tons when dealing with large stuff.

Land size either acre or m2 or hectares!

A tab stupid but that's how we do it!

Now we are slightly off topic !

Fadge

• I think the right of passage on a vic water ways is 1 chain from the high water mark.
    We got two different kinds of miles and knots.

I want the standards all cleaned up, how about metric time for a start?

• Don't hold your breath, we'll all be dead before anyone makes a change.

• @jacksonbrown said: I think the right of passage on a vic water ways is 1 chain from the high water mark.
    We got two different kinds of miles and knots.

I want the standards all cleaned up, how about metric time for a start?

So instead of a month of Sundays it would be a hectoday of kilodays

• edited October 2015

I thought we made a deal with the metric society, a shady backroom deal of sorts, where we got to keep days, hours, minutes, and seconds. But in concession, we had to give them the millisecond and microsecond.

• @crozdog said: no idea. I'm sure the tyre dude does.

other than road bicycle tires, every tire rim size I have ever seen is inches... in germany, they say 'zoll', not 'inch'