StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats the highest proof you get??

Comments

• You've been told over and over. All you need to reach your goals is a simple packed column with a bok or VM head on top. No-one needs to be a millionaire or live in a mansion to achieve this. You are either the most obstinate person i have ever had to deal with on a forum (and there's been a few) or a troll.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Didn't want to say it but... yeah.

• I have my old BOK and a pot/VM combo I'd be willing to sell.

• @Thomasedwin said: Wish full thinking.

Why wishful thinking? Set a few dollars aside every week/month for your new system. Budget for it. Plan on it. I make more than $12 an hour but I still had to figure out where the coin was coming from. It can be done and in the meantime, polish your recipe and do your homework.

• Ok, I will work something out.

• @Thomasedwin go to amphora-society and buy a couple books.... "The Compleat Distiller", "Designing and Building Automatic Stills" then read, read, f-ing read... you could buy enough of their packing for a 6' section of 2" tube and play... you could, but don't need to buy the still they have, I did many years ago.. others built or bought very similar ones and are sharing their knowledge here so that you don't have to buy that.. We saved you $375.

save your pennies, get a 2nd job, work overtime, whatever, and put it towards this for $1000...

baby_dragon.jpg
    520 x 774 - 47K
  • I would just build a VM head from scrap 2 or 3" copper for fuck all, fill it with copper scrubbers and be done with it. A proven design that will pump out 96% all day long for a damn sight cheaper than that flash beer keg you set up.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I just picked up a 3 foot piece of type M, 3 inch copper pipe for $50. I'm going to add this to my current setup with packing and a dephlag, You are some rude MFers , I am not a troll, if you don't like me or my post than you can kiss my furry butt or don't comment at all. I'm just trying to incorporate knowledge from experienced people into my rig.

• @Thomasedwin - Dude, get some perspective! You've been asking a lot of questions, you've been getting tons of good feedback, and - in the end - ignore most of the good advice you're getting. Calling the folks who then show frustration about the next question that shows you don't listen rude is just immature.

Value the feedback you're getting and LISTEN to it

• @Thomasedwin said: You are some rude MFers , I am not a troll, if you don't like me or my post than you can kiss my furry butt or don't comment at all.

Wow. Anyone here who is on the fence about helping you will surely decline from now on. As a beginner,_ in any hobby_, if you are looking for help on internet forums you have to accept some blowback when you don't take the advice that is given. If you have problems and MORE questions because you didn't follow good advice, expect more blowback. If you aren't using SD equipment, you should be extra polite as this is a SD forum.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum but I have to believe that you just pissed in their Cheerios.

• 3' section will fix that up nicely.

I still think that dephleg. will do the job.

• edited September 2015

Hi ThomasEdwin,

If the F*** word in @punkin's post got your dander up, please don't be offended. His use of the word was not meant to be insulting.

The Aussies can at times swear a lot and in this case should not be taken as insulting.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited September 2015

@Punkin might be using the f word a lot, but I mean it honestly: he is a true gentleman, has very high values and knows A LOT about distilling.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Good on ya for standing up for yourself mate. Yes we have been rude. Try to see it from our perspective though as we sure started polite.

The way you ploughed through or ignored the advice that was given the whole way through your project and when you said what will happen if i do this? People said 'It won't work you need more packing and a proper reflux condensor or dephlag. You'd say 'Well i'm going to do it anyway, cause i think it should work'

Then a week later it was why didn't this work?

So my apologies for being rude, but the little ranga with the facepalm was worth it no? :D

• We could have just replied FOAG and left it at that.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited September 2015

@Thomasedwin No one called you a can't mate, they just said you can't do what you are trying to do.

To everyone else from overseas

It's f&@#ing people like you who f&@#ing continue to promote the f&@#ing myth that f&@#ing Australians f&@#ing swear a lot. It's not f&@#ing true so kindly edit your f&@#ing posts and retract your f&@#ing comments. If my f&@#ing dad ever caught me f&@#ing swearing he would have booted my f&@#ing arse in. I for one have never let a f&@#ing swear word come out of my f&@#ing mouth. In fact, none of my f&@#ing friends even drink Jim f&@#ing Beam. Oh f&@k now look what you have f&@#ing done, you made me f&@#ing swear. I hope no one is offended by the use of the words Jim Beam. Like I said I don't usually f&@#ing swear.

• Nah, Americans do it too. I worked with a guy for 15 years. If the word fuck did not exist, he would have had nothing to say half the time.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Kapea said: Nah, Americans do it too. I worked with a guy for 15 years. If the word fuck did not exist, he would have had nothing to say half the time.

Same story here, the guy i'm thinking of made swearing sound dirty in a workplace where everyone swore, bosses and all. Incredible that someone could do that in that environment :D

He was one of the funniest guys i ever knew, i went to a shop to buy some bolts one day, when i came back he was still sitting in the passenger seat, but when he smiled at me he'd coloured in one of his front teeth black with a permanent marker. He walked round like that all day.

• You guys should hear my wife - she's like a princess with the mouth of a homeless Tourette's trucker pirate.

• edited September 2015

@Mickiboi said: Thomasedwin No one called you a can't mate, they just said you can't do what you are trying to do.

To everyone else from overseas

It's f&@#ing people like you who f&@#ing continue to promote the f&@#ing myth that f&@#ing Australians f&@#ing swear a lot. It's not f&@#ing true so kindly edit your f&@#ing posts and retract your f&@#ing comments. If my f&@#ing dad ever caught me f&@#ing swearing he would have booted my f&@#ing arse in. I for one have never let a f&@#ing swear word come out of my f&@#ing mouth. In fact, none of my f&@#ing friends even drink Jim f&@#ing Beam. Oh f&@k now look what you have f&@#ing done, you made me f&@#ing swear. I hope no one is offended by the use of the words Jim Beam. Like I said I don't usually f&@#ing swear.

I do apologize. Maybe it was the Kiwis I was thinking of?

• Apology f&@#ing excepted. Those kiwis f&@#ing swear a lot.

• @Mickiboi said: Apology f&@#ing excepted. Those kiwis f&@#ing swear a lot.

Ah yes. Someone should say something to them.

• They should....hey bro.

• Yes possibly the sheep shaggers, us shackle draggers are more refined.

• edited September 2015

Here's something to look at or at least an idea.

new brew pot 004.JPG
    600 x 800 - 56K
  • @smaug... those tri-clover topped kegs getting pretty popular, now aren't they? Seriously - what would they be retail if you had a container full made?

• I looked into it, and i do stock them but i can buy them here from an wholesaler cheaper than i can buy 50 or less in China. By the time i pay transport, tax, welding and drilling, fittings and the rest of my costs it's hard to price them reasonably. The milk cans are a better solution cost wise and they have every option already in place.

• Umm... in your own store, a dual port milk can is 65% more than a stage 1 keggle... am I missing something?