StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Foodie - The Food Thread - For Our Food Lovers!

Comments

• edited February 2016

You sure, those were scallops? Because they look a lot like these! :-O

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I'm reasonably sure they were scallops.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin Thanks mate. Your scallops looks great

• edited February 2016

@Moonshine said: No photo, no proof! If it's not depicted properly, it's not real. 3:-O

Like this?

I had mountain goat nutz once. They were cooked on a camp fire like a toasted marshmallow and caked in Red Robin seasoning.
    I don't recommend it.
    Yours look better.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 62K
  • edited February 2016

I had nostagia for China yesterday so decided to creat some dishes that we could have seen anytime over there.
    Unfortunately i had neither the mouths available or the energy needed to create a 20 dish banquet, but a couple plates filled the niche.

First i chopped up bellies with bone in into little pieces with little bits of bones in each piece.
    Dusted in cornflour and chillie flakes and wok fried till golden they got a very good sprinkle of szechuan salt as the drained.

Then wok tossed celery, red onion slices, black beans and garlic with a touch of soy ans the celery tops sprinkled over made dish number 2.

Even though i made them up as i went along i still think we could have found these dishes in any restaurant over there.

bellie1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 64K
    bellie2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 85K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Looks fantastic.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited February 2016

Say YES to pork! No need for the veggies in my opinion, but I'm sure they were fabulous as well. A close-up of the pork would have been nice. Keep it coming! =P~ =P~ =P~

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• @punkin said: I had nostagia for China yesterday so

First i chopped up bellies with bone in

Smaug would approve

• edited February 2016

Hangover cure:

Leftover swabian potatoe salad fried with egg
    Breakfast sausage finished with a little bit of maple syrup in the pan

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 68K
  • edited February 2016

Well you DID say more pork.

You don't get little loin chops like this unless you chop up your own pigs.
    Pumped with the standard juniper/garlic/sage brine for tenderness, they'll be pan fried after coating with caraway, pepper and celery seeds and then put in the oven with the vegies.

porkchop1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 67K

• Sounds and looks great, already lusting for the result! =P~

Since you are such a pork expert, what would you do with the following Schweine Karree ?

Karree translates to loin, it's always on offer here in these large chunks, comes with speck, and the Chinese are buying it like crazy. The meat itself is too lean for the smoker, and just chopping up for ordinary pork steaks is not really our thing. Absolutely no clue what the Chinese are doing with it, so what is that meat good for?

karree.jpg
    800 x 513 - 71K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

greaves_dumplings_with_sauerkraut.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K

• edited February 2016
    porkchop2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K

• edited February 2016

@SDeurope said: Karree translates to loin, it's always on offer here in these large chunks, comes with speck, and the Chinese are buying it like crazy. The meat itself is too lean for the smoker, and just chopping up for ordinary pork steaks is not really our thing. Absolutely no clue what the Chinese are doing with it, so what is that meat good for?

You could do many things with it, a butterflied steak would be good, brined and seasoned.

Some curing and cold smoking makes for one of my favourite types of ham, we can buy smoked loin here in the supermarket.

Googl home made bacon.

It's cheap enough thats for sure, is that 1kg price? Never gets under $10 here.

• @punkin said: It's cheap enough thats for sure, is that 1kg price? Never gets under $10 here.

Yes, pork is really cheap here, unfortunately not so the beef.

• would make a decent schnitzel too.

• for a real wiener schnitzel it would be veal. We prefer turkey though. It gets flattened by a special kitchen tool witch does not tear the meat and the breaded with flower, egg and semmel (special white bun) breadcrumbs. Baked in the pan with enough oil to let it swim until golden brown. That is so delicious!

• edited February 2016

It would be a real Pork Schnitzel though.

A popular variation is made with pork instead of veal, because pork is cheaper than veal (usually about half the price). To avoid mixing up different products, the Austrian and German food committees have decided that a "Wiener Schnitzel" must be made of veal. A Schnitzel made of pork can be called "Schnitzel Wiener Art" (Viennese style schnitzel) or "Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein" (Viennese schnitzel from pork). The Verwaltungsgericht Arnsberg 2009 decided about the acceptability of the latter name. The result was that in common parlance in Germany, a "Wiener Schnitzel" no more referred exclusively to a veal dish, but instead to a breaded steak in general.[1

• edited February 2016

Or like the 'mericans call it "chicken fried insert favorite protein"

• I think, you should come over and make a tasting.... ;)

• @Unsensibel said: ...insert favorite protein".

Hmm...

• Chicken fried chicken
    Chicken fried steak
    Chicken fried pork
    Chicken fried tofu

• edited February 2016

Tempura Battered Popcorn Pork, Spicy Plum Sauce and homemade fried Jasmine rice.

pppork1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 65K

• Nice looking fryrice (local kine fried rice)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @punkin said: Tempura Battered Popcorn Pork, Spicy Plum Sauce and homemade fried Jasmine rice.

Oh wow, that's crazy, I bet it was EXTREMELY tasty by the looks!

Honey, where is my pork??? :@)

• jezjez
    edited February 2016

@punkin looks good mate maybe you should run some cooking classes or post your recipes :)

• edited February 2016

@jez said: punkin looks good mate maybe you should run some cooking classes or post your recipes :)

Seems like he has a million of em aye?
    Looks fantastic as always.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• jezjez
    edited February 2016

@Smaug It seems like he has a pork fetish.

A day in Hahndorf with the misses
    A cheese plate for her and a trio of German sausage for me.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 76K
  • Speaking of pork fetishes; What's green and smells like pork?

Kermit D. Frog's finger!

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Just been posting the pork dishes for Michael.

We had lamb loin chops last night marinaded in olive oil. rosemary and sage with pepper corns cooked over the charcoal.