StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Fester's Corner

Comments

• Very nice, just read in the newspaper that China is hit by summer heat as well, doesn't seem to be the case where Lloyd & Tan are at present. Early in the morning and now I'm hungry again, thanks Lloyd! ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• @Philter good idea, but I wouldn't use em as all my hose fittings use cam locks.

now if there was a similar fitting with a 3/4" bsp thread on it so I could screw a camlock fitting onto it I might be interested.

1 thing i have found with hoses - you want the female fitting on the hose - it won't get damaged in the shed as you move it around like it would if the hose had the male fitting on it.

• I like the idea of camlock fittings, but I just push the bare silicon hose onto the barbs as required. Can I ask what the cost of a male/female set of cam locks are worth Croz?

I wonder if @Law_of_Ohms would mind drawing up a few pics of the fittings mentioned above?

camlock_fitting.jpg
    800 x 457 - 45K
  • I changed to camlock fittings a while ago and can't be happier.

M.

• Philter, Got em from Geordi a few years ago but can't remember what I paid. Sorry

• Hi Y'all,
    I've been checking in here from time to time but I'm using a tiny notebook computer at a hotel with spotty internet access so it's difficult to post often, especially since my regular computer is fully 1/2 of my available brain cells.

When we return home I hope to begin development of the 6" and 8" SS filter (or perhaps even false bottom) plates. And the hose barb/end cap also looks good.

You guys seem to have a to-do list for me in development :D

I've been facinated with cam lock fittings for quite some time but couldn't see a valid way to utilize them with our current offering until I saw LOO's cam lock on one end and triclamp on the other. You guys do know that what makes things better for the advanced user is also more confounding to the new guy trying to decide what to buy for the first time? Well, that handholding is what SD distributors are for ;)

The weather is so hot the telly is giving sidewalk cooking recipes... for fish fillets 45 seconds each side on the hot pavement. We carry umbrellas not for the rain but for the shade. KFC is flooded with customers that buy a small fries and sit all day in the air conditioning creating a shortage of tables. Tan and I stay during the noontime hours in the hotel to avoid heat stroke. This much energy in the atmosphere has spawned yet another typhoon that is expected to impact us in a few days. We may flee and head north again. It was so difficult to clear our calendar to arrange this break and I promised Tan 2 weeks of vacation so we can't just go back home - I think every guy here understands that when you promise 2 weeks to a woman that doesn't mean 13 days!!

I saw an unusual, official looking building and asked what was its' purpose. Tan told me it was an official place to go to complain. I thought How Wonderful!! I could book her a session there for an hour or two, two or three times a week. =)) As an industry this could be bigger than karaoke.

• I remember when i was in Sweden they had car park Bingo. On weekends when the shops were closed people would pile in there in their cars. Girls on rollerskates would come round selling bingo tickets. Then they'd start announcing numbers on the loudspeakers. If you got all the numbers Bingo!, you'd beep your horn and the girls would come round, check your ticket and give you prize coupons.

If you could combine the car park thing with the complaining thing, you'd be on the ground floor of a whole new world wide industry. Just imagine them calling out subjects to complain about and you'd beep your horn if you got the first to ten on your prebooked complaint list. Imagine how good that would go in England?

I'd have to say it'd be pretty popular in Australia too.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2013

@Lloyd said: When we return home I hope to begin development of the 6" and 8" SS filter (or perhaps even false bottom) plates. And the hose barb/end cap also looks good.

Would love a False bottom plate for the 8" Conical base Lloyd [-O<

@Lloyd said: I saw an unusual, official looking building and asked what was its' purpose. Tan told me it was an official place to go to complain.

I thought that is what us males are for :))

• Crazy weather. Record high heat has caused some plate glass on building exteriors to crack in their frames because they have never been so hot before. Parked cars spontaneously combusting. The power grid is maxed out as every aircon is cranked up. Hospitals treating heat stroke victims.

Then last night a storm blew in and flooded streets here in Xi'an, power transformers exploded outside the hotel and trees and large branches knocking down power lines and blocking streets causing gridlock. Someone should seriously rethink snaking the power lines through the trees.

Other than the sweltering heat, risk of electrocution, explosions, falling glass and flooding its been just lovely.

• edited August 2013

philter found em on Geordi's site: Stainless Steel Camlock Fittings

I use the male camlock - female BSP on all my "fixed" equipment eg mash tun, boilers & march pump.

Hoses use the female camlock hose tails, some hoses have fittings on both ends eg to connect mash tun to boiler while some are only on 1 end eg to fill cubes / buckets.

• edited August 2013

Thanks for the info & link crozdog. Prices aren't too bad for 12mm, but I already have a few bsp to barb fittings on the march pump and mash tun.

I might have to slowly upgrade :D

• edited August 2013

image image image

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 82K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 98K
  • That ass of yours is getting bigger!, we now have the time laps photo's to prove it!

• Don't I know it!
    We walk about 10,000 kilometers and climb 20,000 steps up AND down everyday yet so far I've gained about 600 pounds in just one week.

I did get wet a few times and hoping I'm just swelling up and the effects are temporary.

So tell me, do these jeans make my butt look big?

• Its like you are marching everywhere.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• For food there is purpose.

• @Lloyd said: So tell me, do these jeans make my butt look big?

No Lloyd your butt makes your butt look big.... LOL =))

• We're back home now and we cut the vacation short by a few days. It was so hot we only wanted to leave the hotel room at night or early morning.

Did some catching up and looking at a few new items to add to our lineup.

There has been interest in the larger sizes of the filter disks, 6" and 8". Guess I'd better start a new thread for that as I'm hoping for lots of input.

• edited August 2013

To make a keg into a conical fermenter:

image image

To make a 8" Dash or Crystal Dragon into a table mounted column:

image image image

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 57K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 64K
    4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 69K
    5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 64K
  • Your not playing around. Lets see if the side/table inquiries persist now that we have the prototype. Im thinking Mike at Mid-Best has a few more choices with his low ceilings now?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• A low ceiling and wanting 20 plates is a perfect candidate for a couple of these.

• @Lloyd said: To make a keg into a conical fermenter:

image image

To make a 8" Dash or Crystal Dragon into a table mounted column:

image image image

Looks good, but you can lower the total height of 10-20cm for one can have 15 or 20cm wide hole in the table-bench to set this bottom section "input" on ...

Just a tip for saving height and then will be easier to linking up the return pipe with clamps under the bench also, if ferrules sticks down under the bench there .... and you can have more plates allso....

Cheers

• edited August 2013

Looks good, but you can lower the total height of 10-20cm for one can have 15 or 20cm wide hole in the table-bench to set this bottom section "input" on ... I ment "input" - output to boiler for reflux licuid.... Keep it maximun low.... Cheers

• edited August 2013

Fester, is it possibel to order "only" the bottom bolted flange-conection in pure copper and 12" big, a shall build a 12" vodka column in copper later with only 1pc big bubbelcaps ( i must relly try this solution), and for that size, the bolted conections is best for me and copper is what a need..

Cheers

• edited August 2013

@Lloyd said: To make a keg into a conical fermenter:

Ooh La La. An 8" Conical to 3/4 with 3/4 pull.

Question time:

1) Any price as yet?

2) Will you be making an 8" to 2" with 2" pull?

3) When can I buy it? :((

• magnificent

conical jigger.

• @harley, sorry but I can't make this in copper. The bottom drain ferrule was purposely made to be inside the housing so that it cannot be damaged in shipping.

@Philter, 8x2x2 would be the same price as the 3/4" pulls. $200
    Everything over 4" gets expensive quickly but on something like this it makes no difference to the price when you change the ferrule sizes. The factory calculates it something like this:
    Base price of the reducer (x) + 30% per pull. So $x + 30% for the first pull. Second pull is ($x + 30%) + 30%. The gin basket housing with 4 pulls became a little pricey.

• Loyd, a was asking if you can fix the round bolted bottom plate that you have 8pc bolt hole in, in 12" size, but in copper.... ore can you only fix it in ss.

Cheers