StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Today in the Shed

Comments

• @Kapea Cotherman has ProCap36 caps on the two top plates. Looks like a cap but is actually the built in downcomer. ;)

• @Kapea said: In the bottom picture in the post above, why are the bubble caps on the underside of the top two plates?

Those are the cups that hold liquid to prevent bypass.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• and the top 4 have procaps now, the sprayball action had the foam rising... overall, it worked pretty good, the 3000W heating element in the drain tube was able to heat the 2 gallons or so of water.. I did 140F PBW, 140F water, 120F citric, 120 water, 140 water... still smell a little tails, but sure was nice only using 2TBSP of chemical... the sprayball is a keg-cleaning unit from St Pats. If I were to suggest this as an official SD product, I have some ideas... Next up is a three-way valve on the tank fitting to divert water to the top instead of the sprayball with out changing fittings or shutting off pump...

• Man that 8" looks HUGE even in the pictures (that didn't sound right). I can't imagine what it looks like in person.

• Please excuse me for being a little slow on the uptake. Procaps have a low enough profile that you can put a plate immediately beneath the deflegmator connection? That's pretty cool, even if you can't see the top of the top plate.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @FloridaCracker said: Man that 8" looks HUGE even in the pictures (that didn't sound right). I can't imagine what it looks like in person.

That's what SHE said too!

:))

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• on the 8" CD, you get a couple inches... it is enough for clearance but not ideal... going from 4 to 6 plates without adding glass meant I could not see boiler below or above top plate, but 6 plates was enough of an improvement over 4 to make it worth it... will be getting more glass when the slow boat from china gets here...

• They are Procap 36's. The all in one cap and downcomer.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• video of me trying out some CIP parts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHbbFBCurtw

• @CothermanDistilling - Very sweet setup. I'm surprised at the level of foam you were able to push up the column with the tank spray ball.

• Looks cool. The bottom spray is kinda like a bidet :)>-

• My wife would not be happy if I installed a spray ball in the loo. It would make a good you tube video though.

• I had a couple gallons of water in the system and threw a scoop of my PBW substitute (no surficant), then turned on the pump, so the solution was not quite mixed.... so that may have helped the foaming... no different than wash foaming, really...

• Nice Michael.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited January 2015

Good stuff i have the same CIP on my 4" Crystal Dragon at the top where it's clipped to a thermoport torpedo reducer.

punkinscrystaldragon3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 60K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited January 2015

Brew day :bz

Running Ace is so easy ,wash is finish of last weeks effort plus 10lts ujsm ,I am running at 50% power def closed it started at 90% abv then I played with it and went down to 70%abv .

so I left it alone cos I,m watching footy and wanna see difference of taste etc from last weeks 90% plus abv

apricot wash been destoned and can be next weeks brew

cheers Starkid :bz

1.jpg
    800 x 449 - 124K
    2.jpg
    800 x 449 - 91K
  • That's me tomorrow mate. Had a family day today so a little jealous

• Replaced a couple of older style flouro fittings, installed a security light, installed a light in the babies room, built a trampoline for the kids. I really wanted to clean the shed, that will have to be tomorrow as I'm knackered!

• GeeGee
    edited January 2015

@jonno said: That's me tomorrow mate. Had a family day today so a little jealous

+1 mate!

• @Moonshine you the fixer man thanks

Starkid

• @starkid101 said: Moonshine you the fixer man

Always around to help :)

Could be robo Moonshine, for all we know he may or may not be a real person >:)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Living large there in the shed Starkid, good on ya. :)>-

• @starkid101's shed is way to neat...

• Yesterday was yet another long and sweaty day of cleaning the garage. I've spent a good 3 or 4 days at it so far with the end not too far from sight now! One more weekend should see it done...then I can mess it all up again with some brewing :D

• GeeGee
    edited February 2015

Did my first run with my new Ace of Hearts yesterday, I'm wanting a neutral for vodka so have added a packed 300 mm section below the Ace and another longer packed section above. I'm also using the larger shotgun (long) condenser. The charge was a stripped wash at 40%. The Ace produced at a fairly solid 95% at a temp of 18 to 19 degrees. So all in all very happy with the Ace indeed!

Just tried to upload a video (twice), but I think it must be too big as I got an error message. Anyway here's some pics instead.

1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 58K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 48K
    3.jpg
    450 x 800 - 39K
    4.jpg
    450 x 800 - 56K
  • calling robo Moonshine the fixer man...yr needed again

:bz

• edited February 2015

its got messy again...

and not a hope of me showing pic behind me :bz

looks good @Gee .I recall you said you stripped with your pot still..

I wonder what flow rate we can get with pro caps removed ??

Is there any advantage removing pro caps for strip run ??

messy_again.jpg
    800 x 449 - 53K
  • Run with your caps in will be fine mate. You'll get some passive reflux but will be fine

• Expensive and fragile tools arrived...

expensive_tools.jpg
    800 x 450 - 62K
  • Wait, wait, I haven't placed my bet yet!

Two weeks!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...