StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Roller Mill Advice

2»

Comments

• Mill arrived today. From first look: sturdy and heavy. Will post a couple of pics later.

It's going to get some grain to eat over the weekend

• edited January 2017

Assembled. Overall still maintaining a solid impression. Seeing the gap seems ridiculously easy, measuring a little bit tougher as you have to measure between the bottom and actuated roller.

Please forgive the mounting plate. I was in a rush and wanted to get it done b

I'll see how much mileage I'll be getting out of it.

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 68K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 71K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 75K
    4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 122K
  • NICE! what are peoples thoughts on mounting the base on the bottom vs the top?

• Mine is on the bottom. To be honest I hadn't thought of the top.

• edited January 2017

I've done it both ways, it's easier to get at for adjustment on top. I have mine mounted on a table with a hole cut in it.

mill4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 94K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @CothermanDistilling it's easier to adjust the gap. And the way it's constructed, I'm not sure if you could mount from top

Will definitely have to get on mounting a motor on it. Barley went through ok with my cordless drill but it choked on the rye. Went through 40# total today and it performed well

• edited January 2017

I got tired of cranking on those dinky homebrew models and picked up a unit with 6" rollers:
    Equine Oat Crimper | Roller Mill | Spelt | Barley Roller | Corn
    this thing is a BEAST.

500ml water bottle for scale

1.jpg
    533 x 800 - 144K
    2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 74K