StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Baby Dragon - Ace of Hearts

Comments

• oops. Sorry @CothermanDistilling but no bling bling.
    Congrats @captainshooch (feel free to up sell it to Cotherman =)) )

• edited September 2014

@jonno said: i thought it was captainshooch lol

Yes he's a shocker. I suspect Lloyd drinks. Don't mention it, but it may be possible.

I REALLY REALLY like that graphic, if cap'n had posted that the comp would have ended there and then.

babydragon1.png
    181 x 72 - 4K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• It's that time of day for a drink or three. I thought I read jonno was the winner hahahahahahahaha

• Wait a minute, I didn't win?

Its rigged I tell you!!

• more

ace of hearts.png
    332 x 234 - 14K
  • That baby will be a welcomed addition to the rest of the family :D

• Please send one trillion dollars for express shipping and handling. (couple of weeks) =))

Or wait til Larry's next sea freight and we'll drop it in for free delivery to your door. (couple of months)

But really,
    Do you want it "original" or dolled up with the new custom threaded rods and acorn nuts?
    I'll sign it if you'd like unless that distracts from its value :))
    Any is OK with me because it needs to be broken down and cleaned before shipping to you.

Congrats! @captainshooch you get a piece of distilling history - the very first ever Baby Dragon, Ace of Hearts. And the bragging rights to naming it.

• Original and please do sign it, and no need for the rods as I will be adding rods w/brass tubing and brass acorn nuts to match the other ones. I'll pay for shipping. Smaug has my address.

It sure was a fun ride trying to come up with a name. fullysilenced can get a full night's sleep now =))

• just saw this... congrats! "missed it by 'this' much!" as maxwell smart woudl say.... have the laser etchers put @Lloyd 's signature on it ;-)

• @CothermanDistilling said: ... have the laser etchers put @Lloyd 's signature on it ....

Dang, I can't easily sign it without it being easy to wash off. But maybe that's a good thing?

• Perhaps a nice signed certificate of authenticity with a serial number or SD logo or photograph to confirm authenticity?

• Naw, its more about bragging rights.

But I'll be happy to send him my picture to help ward away unwanted varmints, insects and creatures that bump against the window at night.
    My signature and $3 will get you half a cup of coffee except in finer establishments.

He doesn't seem too choosy since he wanted the John Hancock even I told him it could lower the value. He'll probably come to his senses soon and pay me extra NOT to sign it.

I've signed a bottle or two of my booze but never a still before so who knows....

... maybe a note tucked inside the Very First and Original Baby Dragon with my heartfelt thanks.

The mass production began today with the arrival of the parts needed to build out 50 Baby Dragons. That's a spoonful compared to what the SD distributors are ordering to arrive to them in 3 to 4 months, but its a beginning.

• I am now relocated to UAE so am downsizing and want one of these. Can you ship individual sections in separate packages? ;)

• Crap, to UAE? That's hard to do.
    PM me, will try.

• edited September 2014

@Myles said: I am now relocated to UAE so am downsizing and want one of these. Can you ship individual sections in separate packages? ;)

The Arabian World belongs to our territory. UAE is no problem at all, we have already shipped there. Drop us an e-mail for details.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Thanks. I need to downsize to appartment scale so am looking at a baby dragon to go with my new small hybrid pot. Email on it's way.

• Baby Dragon, Ace of Hearts
    I like it more and more and more.

FS jogged a project out of me that I had worked on but put on the back burner...
    A glass parrot.
    More details in a few days as I work on the prototype.

A really good chance the first one will be crap but that's the way the game is played. Can't improve on something until its in my hands to play with.

Stayed tuned, don't change that dial...

• I see something. Heavier. And more industrial. If glass Or. Look at. Plastics. Lab grade stuff. Nalene. I think it's called. Good solid base. With a. Beak.

• @Lloyd said: Baby Dragon, Ace of Hearts
    I like it more and more and more.

FS jogged a project out of me that I had worked on but put on the back burner...
    A glass parrot.
    More details in a few days as I work on the prototype.

A really good chance the first one will be crap but that's the way the game is played. Can't improve on something until its in my hands to play with.

Stayed tuned, don't change that dial...

crowd-source the parrot.... let people add 'features' to a list on a thread here in the forum for a week or so, organize those into a poll, then work on the top 10 or so most popular 'features'. Give anyone that sends their rep a $50 deposit extra voting power.

• Oh wow. Something heavier but in glass!!

Like a dragon sculpture drinking from the condenser and pissing product. ;)

Or maybe a slightly more tastefully aranged output.

• edited September 2014

Not sure where you would put the hydrometer in this configuration.

:))

Top-10-Worlds-Most-Shocking-Fountains-boy-urinating.jpg
    800 x 600 - 85K
  • time for a new thread?

I am opposite of FS and Myles on the heavier part, I would like thinner stainless... like the thickness of a typical stainless flask, but designed to be strong.... but I guess if you are looking for a something along the lines of a cast ornament parrot, I could see that...

FS - nalgene is flexible and translucent, can't see a use for it in a parrot..

I would also like an optional glass mantle holder, with a new surge breaker that is vented to the outside (and also to the glass mantle), maybe build the surge breaker into the parrot assembly (users could use a current surge breaker or just a reducer if they had a pesky fire marshal)..

Other ramblings...

if you had a single 90 degree 3/4" port at the bottom of the parrot, econo version just TC elbows up with no drain, the drain is by adding a T and a valve...

a clip to hold a funnel?

a mounting bracket of some sort?

• edited September 2014

Enclosed parrot is only half the battle, the next are closed collections containers. As long as you have TC outputs on the dump and the product outputs, you should be able to fabricate something, but only if the parrot is rigidly mounted.

We've been toying around with adapting the Eagle Stainless Safety containers as collection vessels. They make a 5 gallon safety can out of stainless, with a stainless flame arrestor, that is FM approved. Most local fire guys would be hard pressed to find any problem at all with these containers. They aren't cheap, but then again neither are good stainless fustis, etc.

Type I Stainless Steel Safety Can, 5 Gal.

Cheapest would be to adapt 1/2bbl kegs as collection vessels, price is nice.

stainless_steel_safety_can.jpg
    539 x 800 - 43K
  • The Nalgene i was thinking of because it would be unbreakable... nothing else... and i was throwing that out there as an idea.. if there is a clear lab grade plastic... thats the one.. i was thinking of a graduated cylinder with a beak as a low cost parrot kinda thing... i think the 250ml or 300ml size would fit all the alchometer sizes

• This project is specifically for the Baby Dragon guys. Don't go confusing it with the sealed collection parrot that is a whole nother kettle.

The aim here is to produce a simple, great parrot on the cheap to keep price down on the Baby Dragon package.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Oh all right :-w

I feel though that perhaps on this scale you really don't need a parrot. To be honest this baby dragon is probably best suited to a 30 litre or less boiler.

With a low wines charge your cuts are going to be low volume. Even if you do use a parrot, both it and the hydrometer should be scaled down in size.

Do you really need one? It is personal choice but I suspect I would not bother.

• edited September 2014

The alcometer is a scaled down Dragonfire.

• edited September 2014

To keep cost down why not do a simple copper parrot kit i have seen them go for 52.00 on eBay just needs a tri clamp attachment. I would even consider a solder yourself kit with just the pre cut copper and ferrule

• Hopefully we can retail the glass kit for around the same coin.