StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

The Big Name Finding Thread for the NEW 2.5" Crystal Dragon [CONTEST]

Comments

• We'd have the ace of hearts, the Jack of Hearts, The q and King etc. Grim will have the first King of Hearts :D

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: We'd have the ace of hearts, the Jack of Hearts, The q and King etc. Grim will have the first King of Hearts :D

Now I like that idea and the entire collection, well that's what I call a Royal Flush

• @grim: The Germans love their "Premium" everything is premium and they like to pay a premium price for it! So I guess, indicating to be expensive is not in Lloyds intention - is it? :)>-

Baby Dragon - no diapers needed...

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• After a few tipples... springs to mind " Crystal Prodginey Pro" says it all B-)

• I've really squeezed on this one to keep the price as low as possible for a killer little rig.
    I sprang for the plates to be punched instead of wire cut (EDM) because the unit price is lower but the punch mold is expensive. I feel we will vend enough of them to justify the expense. We now have a direct connection with the glass factory and that was hard fought to get but we finally get lower glass prices.
    The condensers, bends and parrot are as low priced as we can get so no wiggle room there. (Before SD was there ever a $100 SS shotgun condenser?)
    The total price with parrot may still be uncomfortably high for the target market - apartment owners and folks without the space to house a big 4" still sitting on a beer keg - but Baby Dragon is so much more than a pipe filled with marbles.

Our greatest strength is producing the expensive molds that make low cost parts that no-one else has to offer. Each is a labor of love to see it through to completion. An idea gets planted and we kick it around, in the case of the Baby Dragon it has been made open and a part of your daily reading and you've see it from start to finish - even getting the chance to name the project. The details of getting it produced as efficiently (cheaply) as possible while constantly raising the bar on quality is how we survive and grow.
    We don't always get it right the first time and our history is proof of that but we NAILED this one. Baby Dragon rocks! For a column that clamps to a 2" triclamp boiler there is simply nothing else that can compare.

But all that means nothing if we don't deliver the best value for the money spent. We gave Baby Dragon a good heart with ProCaps but could have cheapened the deal by using a perf plate with a downcomer. We could have used a 4 x 2 end cap reducer instead of custom sight tower ends to lower costs. But that is not providing the best long term value, its just being cheap. The quest is to get these great parts at a great price and that is StillDragon. We get it right more often than not but our failures are more famous than our successes. That's normal when creating the first of something.

I think as long as we are completely honest about our shortcomings (like not knowing diddly about electronic stuff for example) the SD forum members will forgive us for what we can't do. And when we screw up (like making the first batch of 6" ProPlates with holes ever so slightly too small to accept the ProCaps) they will understand the delay while we get it right.

But nothing ever happens without you reaching out and saying "I have a problem, I need something, I have an idea..." No other distilling manufacturer on the plant responds to you like StillDragon does. And that's a very good thing. So lift a glass and cheer our success, yours and mine. Together we made a Baby Dragon that will soon be unleashed on the world.

• @Brewhaha said: After a few tipples... springs to mind " Crystal Prodginey Pro" says it all B-)

OOPS bad spelling error that should read Crystal Progeny Pro
    8-|

• @Lloyd . Hear hear. \m/

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• CD-Ace - reinventing the wheel.

CD-Ace the key to success.

CD-Ace it's guaranteed.

• CD-Ace the clear choice.

• CD-Ace modular for all time.

• CD-Ace innovate your world.

• CD-Ace Make your world a better place.

• CD-Ace as simple as that!

• CD-Ace Jesus Loves His!

• CD-Ace - what more could you want?

CD-Ace - what more could you need?

• CD-Ace Feel the magic!

• CD-Ace The Spirit of Distilling!

• CD-Ace Something to believe in and your bestest new friend... :D

• CD-Ace and on the 8th day God created...

• CD-Ace Get Your Game On!!!

• CD-Ace Think different, think StillDragon!

• CD-Ace Your world awaits! or maybe Your Distilling World Awaits!

• CD-Ace Free with the purchase of a 8" X 16 plate Pro... :D some restrictions apply ***while supplies last

• @FullySilenced said: CD-Ace Make your world a better place.

did you watch to much of the TV series Silicon Valley? :))

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Gunna have to implement flood control.

• :)) Be glad when this friggin contest is over my head hurts....