StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

The Wordless Picture Thread

Comments

• edited October 2016

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 116K
  • I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Same-same, in IR:

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited October 2016

boysstuff1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 65K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Why did you need the CZ when you've got a t-bolt?

• The CZ has a cap covering a thread on the end of the barrel.

This would be really handy if silencers weren't illegal in Australia. ;)

I've had the CZ for 8 or 10 months and haven't shot it yet, going to sight it in this weekend at my mates farm.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• If they ever do I'll get a thread cut on my tbolt :D prolly on one of the deer cannons too.
    I used a moderator hunting sheep in in NZ. It's pretty stupid that they're not legal here.
    There was a law that went through for NSW a little while back but I don't think they're processing applications for some reason.

• edited October 2016

I didn't want to mess with the T Bolt, therefore a second rifle for the subs. My mate'll get the shits if i hunt sheep on his farm.

Fucking Dorpers want culling anywayz, no good for nothing but mowers.

• We were chasing feral merinos with big curly horns on doc land.

• Plenty of them in the national park above mates farm too.

• edited October 2016

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited October 2016

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 178K
  • Great photos mate. Makes me feel homesick.

• Very impressed with the CZ. I bought it 'as new' and the guy at the gun shop said the previous owner had purchased the rifle to try target shooting, had liked it and traded it in on a thumbhole full target setup.

Pretty clear he had some trigger work done on the CZ, it's hard to imagine the trigger being that good out of the box.
    It made me very reluctant to shoot the T bolt as the trigger was like yanking on a winch after using the little CZ.

AnyoneWantToBuyABrowningPunkin

• T bolt triggers are just shithouse. They let the package down.
    Jard just came out with an aftermarket drop in that might be worth a look.

• Hmmm $300US x 1.4 = $420 aussie pesos.
    Gunsmith $120 to install i'd reckon (although they are suppossed to be 'drop in' reading the forums they are not). It's a lot of cash to throw at a rifle that already owes me more than a grand.

• Yep, exactly why I haven't done it.

• edited October 2016

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 43K
  • edited October 2016

target1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 81K

• A couple outa 50 aint bad punkin.

• Yeah was shooting left and high out of the boresight. Started grouping better than i can shoot after a couple clicks.

• I inherited a 1930 Winchester 52 with a external-adjustable mount Unertl scope a couple of years ago, and when my shitty eyes can resolve the 1/16 MOA reticule, it shoots like a bandit, I think. I'll know better now that I've had a double cataract operation maybe I can find those crosshairs a little better. It's so sweet I can't wait to try it again.

If you didn't see the serial number, you'd think the rifle was new

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• edited October 2016

Cool Bob, a mate had a go with the CZ and i'm pretty impressed at 48 long paces getting a 3 shot ragged hole.

target2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 35K

bogie.jpg
    800 x 600 - 96K
  • edited October 2016

@punkin said: Cool Bob, a mate had a go with the CZ and i'm pretty impressed at 48 long paces getting a 3 shot ragged hole.

I'd take that any day, but then I've always been impressed with CZs. My elk hunting buddy won one in a rifle raffle, chambered for .458 Lott. A very stimulating rifle.
    :(( I loaded up some .45-70 equivalent 405-grain loads so he could shoot it without breaking the bank, and it was a sweet shooter.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• .458 3 shot group with the red dot.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 45K
  • edited October 2016

There aint nothing roaming Australia that requires that much gun. Pretty impressive specs though. Maybe the camels that we had to deal with out at the last job for dog food but a lot less dropped them. Especially shooting at 20 meters.

The guys favorite was 22 magnum as good for wild turkeys ( bustards for you non Aussies ) and ok for roos. Guns for aboriginal guys are now rare after Port Arthur as the govt took all their guns away and robbed them of their pride and joy and manhood. Before the gun shit storm 80 % of their food came from the bush and 20 % from the store. Now reversed with subsequent health problems.

Most guys cant get a gun licence ( or car ) anyway as they have outstanding fines that rule them out - so they are using old shit box pieces that are ready to blow up in their face. Its remarkable what they come home with with an old ( shared ) Marlin 22 mag with no front or rear sights. Model 25 if any one knows where i can get some sights for them.

Was working on a Ranger/ Land Management program and corporate guns for them before i left.

• The buffallo's take a bit of dropping i'd imagine.

KingIsland.jpg
    600 x 800 - 88K

alpacas.jpg
    800 x 600 - 129K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area