Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!
After finishing (nearly) my swimming pool I have a few days left to go back to distilling. Yesterday made a run with my upgraded Dash 1. It was a 80L Panela ferment. It was the first time with the thermometers, the one on top didn't work. The 3 temps are above the dephlem - under the dephlem - and above the first plate. Today i installed a oversize cooling element on my SSR on the outside of the control box. I hope I don't need cooling this way. Tomorrow i do another run so i can start to compare my data. With the thermometers it is like you have eyes inside your column. One thing i see is that you don't need half an hour to stabilize when starting up. The rum is the result of 1 year in a ex bourbon barrel where i put some French toasted oak in.