Finnaly back to distilling

After finishing (nearly) my swimming pool I have a few days left to go back to distilling. Yesterday made a run with my upgraded Dash 1. It was a 80L Panela ferment. It was the first time with the thermometers, the one on top didn't work. The 3 temps are above the dephlem - under the dephlem - and above the first plate. Today i installed a oversize cooling element on my SSR on the outside of the control box. I hope I don't need cooling this way. Tomorrow i do another run so i can start to compare my data. With the thermometers it is like you have eyes inside your column. One thing i see is that you don't need half an hour to stabilize when starting up. The rum is the result of 1 year in a ex bourbon barrel where i put some French toasted oak in.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2014

Did you find any useful info on having a probe under the condensor and over it?

Would you recommend one location over another if you could have just one, and if so why?

The unit looks fantastic, i love how people can make their own units with the basic blocks that we have. It makes me very proud to be a part of this. :-bd

YouShouldNameItStumpyPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• It all looks so neat and organized. PLEASE visit me in China for a week! >:D<

• I ran it now two times and am glad in installed the thermometers. But I will not change the way i'm running my still. The themperatures under and above the dephl. are the same once you taking off. They increase a bit gradually during the run.