StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Show Us Your Bike

13»

Comments

• @grim thanks for trying to cheer me up but I'm fine with my invalid trike.
    A two wheeler here needs a license that I don't qualify for while a 3-wheel electric needs no license at all because it is, in Chinese, called an old people's bike, so it is exempt.
    I've only seen one other like like it on the street - and yes an old couple were on it - but mostly folks ask me if I brought it with me from overseas.
    They marvel at the generous basket space and envision how handy that would be when going to the market (my biggest reason for selecting this bike). Me, Tan and $80 worth of goodies all packed neatly on the trike are a familiar sight to the locals and it brings a lot of smiles.
    I've put a lot of good miles on this machine and its' one true and unfaltering feature has been that I get to explore and it has always brought me back home.

And for the 'rest of the story'... I wanted one so bad and for so long but I had a hard time talking Tan into it. But I put my foot down because I am the man of this house and firmly begged for it.
    So we went shopping and that took three days because we had to look at every possible bike in a 20 KM radius from our apartment to be satisfied that we were getting a good deal on a good bike. And then... there it was. And it was beautiful. Glowing.
    Glorious in its appointments. Just dripping with sex appeal.
    Asking price was 3500 Renminbi (about $575 USD). Tan haggled price to 2900 RMB and they agreed. Then she asked for 100 RMB kickback for getting the foreigner to buy the bike. Again they agreed, after more haggling and me looking as though I'd bolt away at any second.
    So bottom line, the price for my freedom was $459 USD.

For so little money I can now fall into every street pothole, suffer every speed bump, explore to my heart's content, gather groceries and truck a condenser to my welder buddy to add a coupling for a sensor, but mostly I can go off the beaten path and buy Tan some sunflower seeds from a street vender that has never ever seen a foreigner before.

I ain't walking my friends, I'm riding in style. Going up a hill its best if Tan gets out and pushes.

• Lloyd, you could make a trudge around town in a wheel chair sound like an awesome once in a lifetime adventure. Oh! Wait, you just did...my bad...

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• edited October 2014

Greetings everyone,
    First post after a long time of lurking.

So I figured my first post should be a fun one instead of something serious or technical. So here is my KTM 990 at a micro-brewery in Northern Minnesota while I was down in the States with some friends a few weeks ago.

ktm_990.jpg
    600 x 800 - 99K
  • Nice and Welcome to the jungle!

The day you quit learning is the day you start dying!

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• Welcome, looks like you could drive it up a pole if you wanted to get to the top. ;)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Geez Lloyd even the chicks around my town get around in some cool bikes :))

captain.jpg
    800 x 600 - 71K
  • And some even make a decent living selling Ice Cream out of their buggies

ice_cream_buggy.jpg
    800 x 453 - 53K
  • Hehehehehe in front of maccas of course!

It is what you make it!

• Will. Race any of you guys for titles. Winner is whoever sells the most ice cream in 6 blocks. :))