StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Hello all

2»

Comments

• Certainly would, but you would need to change the mode from heating to cooling

• It could be used for boiling/distillation if the PID controller has a manual mode on it... ( percent duty cycle)

• edited May 2014

I could not beleve it I got quoted all most 40 clams 1"x1" female to female SS couple. I got one of ebay 5 clams. Only cach is its coming from china so will take about a month befor I see it. Thats a saving of 35 clams man :D

• My bad @Drunkas
    A SS 1" full coupling (female both ends) can be had for cheap here. I have a bin of 1" half couplings because the DIY folks use them for really cheap element ports. 5 clams at full retail is not bad though for only one. Talk to your SD distributor and get him to stock the part. Let him know that you want it.
    Not all distributors stock every SD parts available to them because there are just so many.

• @Lloyd all good mate I am sure if I asked punkin he would have one in stock but he was away. An yes this is for a element port. I am going to cut it in half so I get 2 ports out of it and weld them in my self.

• You are talking socket or nipple, yes?

I have them, but not at $5 :))

NotFortyEitherThoughPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited August 2014

just some spam

pot.jpg
    878 x 458 - 28K
  • edited August 2014

2_reducers.jpg
    800 x 601 - 47K
  • edited August 2014

8 inch connection on the new 120's i ordered last shipment Lloyd?

I have a beautiful spun copper ball gathering dust in my shed that i bought and never used...

copperfloat1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said:

I'm thinking 8 inch is to small. 12 inch would probably be ok on a 120lt . My thinking is you need that extra space to give the gas a chance at swirling around and letting some of the heavy stuff return to the pot.
    Dose any off that make sence to any one

• edited August 2014

Do we have any any off these in the SD parts list ??

ss ball.jpg
    399 x 364 - 10K
  • We could produce it but it would be more bowl shaped instead of circular.

• I would think bowl shaped would still achev what Im trying for.

• You could put a 12 x 100mm tc pipe in the middle to make a larger chamber. Still going to add to the cost with another clamp as well.

If you have access to a good welder you may be able to repurpose something. Lots of things come to mind, nothing perfect, but if you keep your eyes peeled for some heavy duty bowls or something you may get something strong enough? Maybe two stock pots welded together with the ferrules welded in the bottom.

Gunna get real pricey doing it in reducers.

• Lets hope it dose not get to pricey @punkin I really want to stick with the SD theam for my stilling gear and not go down the road to much of having home made gear on my still. Not that there is any thing wrong with making stuff my self I got all the tickets for doing the welding just means I got to get gas and and frig around with few other things.