San Diego 2016

2»

Comments

• Doing a gin botanicals sensory workshop this afternoon. I've been talking to the presenter. She seems very knowlegible and able to express her ideas well.

She has a gin botanicals sensory kit that I am considering purchasing. I learned a lot about wine by using one like it when I sold wine back in the 70s, and one like it when I was learning to judge beers 25 years ago. I am on the gin track now. This kit looks like the just the ticket.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @CothermanDistilling said: Anything Corsair has, beg/borrow/sneak/steal your way in... usually just a class with a small fee, but was always the highlight for us... wish we could have made it this year...

Oak Barrel 2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 90K
  • edited April 2016

Try find out if there is anything better than this Gin aroma testing kit from the UK with 24 different aromas.

image.jpg
    800 x 532 - 46K
  • Are you not happy with this kit?

• No I am not saying that. I am potentially about to buy this kit. What I am saying is, is this kit still the best opportunity ??

• I would get a glass still like heartmagic sells and make your own kit...

• edited April 2016

@richard said: Try find out if there is anything better than this Gin aroma testing kit from the UK with 24 different aromas.

That is the kit that is being sold here. We used it in the gin sensory developement class yesterday. It is from the Aroma Academy in the UK. It has 24 different aromas, but the aromas can be combined to create a whole lot more. They also have kits for bourbon, whiskey, and wine.

Kim Lahiri was the presenter. Very knowledgable woman, and an excellent teacher. She used to formulate perfumes. Now she works with distilleries developing spirits, and trains people how to use their senses in product development.

The kits are sold in the US by Enartis in Windsor, CA.

• $200... I think I will start making sensory kits... ;-)

• edited April 2016

jeff.jpg
    600 x 800 - 62K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Looks just like Jeff,
    except for the neat beard... :D

• It was truly a great time getting to hang with you guys on and off the expo floor

• And 18 hours later, here I am for a weekend at the mountain cabin.

San Diego is pretty cool, and I really enjoyed the camaraderie of the conference, but there is way too much togetherness in California for my liking.

I need some mid-ocean high montain-forest solitude to shake off the big city funkiness...

• I watched The Revenance on the flight home.
    In a word, brutal!

• Bear scene was rough .. was like oh f..k don'the move don'pissed her off more...