StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• Fantastic, I'll make it easy for ya, another order 4 me as well to make it worth while.

Fadge

• =D> Congratulations @fadge.
    Punkin sent a care package and included some of his dominoes, top notch stuff.

• edited December 2013

2400 watt low density Incolloy coated elements are back in stock and listed on the site. Apologies for those who have been waiting but they are custom made and have a longer lead time than i calculated.

I also have a pair of 2" sight towers that were a cancelled special order. They clip straight to a 2" ferrule. $70 each.

Just give me an email on punkin@stilldragon.com to purchase and save me listing them.

I also have plenty of stainless valves in stock now. From 2" butterfly valves down to 3/4 stainless ball valves. Stainless gate valves in 3/4" and 1" etc. I'll get around to putting these up on the site soon, but if you are interested in the cheapest prices in Australia for stainless valves, sing out.

sighttowertwoinch1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 75K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Only 1 sight glass remaining.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Nil remaining.

• @punkin said: Nil remaining.

:(( Bugger - they went fast

• I'll have more in 2, 3 and 4" sizes with my next shipment after xmas.

• @Lloyd said: =D> Congratulations fadge.
    Punkin sent a care package and included some of his dominoes, top notch stuff.

Package received thanks guys.

Cant wait to get some whisky ready to test all the varieties of dominoes, they are so different when you can compare them side by side and smell.

Those sight glass units sure look the part....maybe on the next order for me, no wonder I work a second job for this hobby.

fadge

• edited December 2013

@punkin said: Review prize was randomly drawn by my Beautiful Assistant this morning and won by Fadge. =D>

Give me a Pm mate as to what you are interested in using (or i can do a sample pack of all three) and i'll slip some dominoes in the post for you.

Or give your neighbour a nudge and i'll slip them in with his Aussie Take Away Still order B-)

thanks

• Your Dominoes left the day before his still, so if he hasn't got it yet he should have it Monday. B-)

• Added 4 X 2 short and bowl shaped reducers to the site today, i forgot i had them stocked 8-X

• I have also listed the 4"sieve plates that i forgot about.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/sieve-plate-4-stainless-complete-with-copper-downcomer/

• edited December 2013

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/stainless-4-x-4-x-3-bubbletee-with-thermoport/

I have just included a free thermometer with all the thermoport Bubbletees. I'd like to see more of these out there as it's a really efficient way to get a lot of extra information (and i'd like to see them moving off my shelf quicker <:-P ).

For an extra $15 or so over a normal tee, with your Dash purchase you get vapour temp at the top of the still to tell you abv stability or at the bottom to warn of tails (or both).

Just let me know via email if you want to include this as an upgrade and i can include it in the freight price. A savvy person may even be able to negotiate it into the base price ;)

thermotee4inch1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 180K

• edited December 2013

Whole new page up on the site now with all the stainless valves I've been sitting on. Best prices I've found in Australia, I'm sure the copy sites are watching.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/stainless-valves/

I have Gate and Ball valves in 1/2" through to 1" size, 2" butterfly valves, 3/8th TC valves etc.

Simplified the ordering of the 6" and 8" Dash units, I'll be stocking both here with my next order rather than dropshipping direct, so added the Dash 1 and Dash 2 in 6", I'll do the 8" ones shortly.

Added the 6" and 8" reflux condensers i have in stock and the larger bubble tees and plates that are stock as well.

gatevalve1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K
    ballvalve1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K

• Gday any word on when the copper ferrules will be in stock

• The next big seafreight shipment should be leaving China this week, they're on that one.

Seems the shipments are only a couple months apart nowadays. Already ordering the new one for march despatch if anyone wants a large number of anything or something i don't stock.

• When is the 6 inch items going up on the website? Got to start planning my savings to upgrade further, I wonder if I will ever stop upgrading? Any way got a six inch connection and looking to add a couple of 6 inch plates to the kit.

• edited January 2014

I have only a couple of 6" tees here now, there will be stacks more in about a month when my new shipment hits. If you want just a couple of tees they are in stock and ready to ship.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/bubbletee-6-complete/

i have reducers in stock

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/6-x-4-reducer-tapered/

and reflux condensors,

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/6-inch-reflux-condensor-regular/

six inch plates are in stock and up there..

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/bubbletees-and-torpedos-plates-and-caps/

The six inch (and 8") complete units are up there now, i'm just waiting on more tees till they are back in stock again...

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/dash-series-bubble-columns/

• I am having a problem with my store atm that is causing all paypal customers to receive multiple emails. My apologies for this and i have my provider searching for a solution (it's widespread across a lot of their sites) but at the moment it relies on me manually moving your orders from the abandoned cart area to the awaiting shipment area. Good times to be making paypal orders are in the mornings or early afternoons so i can be alert to any notifications.

We're trying to get it cleaned up as soon as possible.

• Can you give me a rundown on the benefits and issues in choosing 6" over 4" in a domestic environment?

(Edit - wrong dimensions in original post)

Thanks MF

• Well most women prefer the 6" over the 4" or so i read in cosmo....

• My opinion, unless your planning on going 100l boiler there no point in going 6". 4" is perfect size for keg boiler. Also you need to have the power available to run the 6". I think your looking at about 4.5kw to stabilise it from what I've read around.

It's funny how we've gone from 2" hobby size to 4" and now 6".

• I agree with Jonno, i often advise people that my opinion is the 6"columns are larger than we need for hobby size and certainly larger than we need for a keg boiler. Most people will not have the power available to run a 6"column to it's potential either.

On the upside, 6" will give you a much greater throughput and hence a quicker run.

Lloyd is developing tees and glasses for a 5" system that may be the perfect compromise.

• Thanks for the thoughts. Punkin/Lloyd - any estimate on availability of the 5" for your evaluation? e.g. > 6 months away?

• I have the glass, gaskets and flanges now just waiting on the plates so maybe 2 or 3 weeks and I'll get to assemble the prototype :)

If all goes well, we can begin production after the Chinese new year shutdown and that would mean delivery to your SD distributor as early as May (maybe). The factories will be flooded with new orders and we will also be in the queue.

The boss will be away for the holiday to visit her family so I'll be alone for about 2 weeks. Just can't think of a better time to play with the new boiler and 5" CD :D

• Are we doing tees in 5"as well boss?

• Hadn't planned on it but it's simple to do.
    "Tan, would you please order some 5x5x3 special short tees?"
    "Tell 'em to make 'em as short as possible - the same height as the 4" bubble Tee if they can."
    "I don't know, let's start with 50 pieces and see how they go."
    "Oh yes, better order at least 200 of the 5" regular gaskets and we'll need to get the 5" special cut gasket mold made, figure 300 of those to begin with."

Give me a minute to catch my breath... that much work just drains a fellow =))

• You forgot the plates. :((

• @punkin said: You forgot the plates. :((

It's part of the process. I had to order one of everything; 5" sight tower to be made, 5" ferrule, 5" clamp and gasket. With the sight tower and ferrule in hand the plates and custom gaskets could then be designed to fit the sight tower and the ferrule (ends of the Tees).

Now on order is the 6x5, 5x4 and 5x2 reducers...
    (6x5 is an end cap reducer to adapt my boiler top port to the 5" column, 5x4 bowl shaped reducer to attach the 4" super dephlem, the 5x2 I ordered in bowl shape and will only be useful if we decide to produce a 5" dephlem)
    ...and the rest of the glass and more custom sight tower gaskets now that we know they are perfect.

Compared to the 8" CD this 5" is progressing at breakneck speed :P

@Law_Of_Ohms has come through again, as always, with great design drawings to make it easy for us to get the parts produced.

• Will need the 5 x 2 to fit a keg at the bottom too. You two do a great job.