StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Tasmanian Whisky

A good article in the paper over the weekend:

TasWeekend: Kindred spirits in Tasmanian whisky industry

Tagged:

Comments

• Nice.

I have seen various videos and read several articles that really make me want some of the fine whiskies being made over there.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Recently I laughed at the claim that Tasmanian whiskey was named the best in the world. I absolutely meant no disrespect to Tasmanian whiskey. I have not had a chance to try any, but I'm certain it is amazing whiskey. I apologize if I caused offense.

I was laughing that anything so subjective and open to personal preferences could be deemed the best in the world. The whole idea of competing and judging of alcoholic beverages has become amusing to me. The highest praise of my beverages, to me, is when someone asks for more. Commercially, your sales say it all.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I see your point for sure. But sales do not say it all.

The distribution network as it exists in most markets, will make it extremely difficult for many great unknown spirits to be available to many potential markets. And many new upstarts making great whiskey simply will not have the working capital to crowbar their wares into the public eye.

New distilleries will have to start by winning their back yard.....where have I heard that before?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• There's no such thing as bad publicity. Even if you disagree on something being the world's best (and I agree) it gets the brand name out there for the commercials

• Martine Nouet, "Queen of the still" visits Tasmania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsbbgqvmVE

• And this week another distillery opens in Tasmania: Launceston Distillery

• Love the hangar!

• The first time I heard of Tasmanian whiskey I thought its got to be bad, but its actually good. It has inspired me to watn to set up my own distillery. Hell if Tasmanians can do it, it cant be that hard. But then again I am from Queensland so I am a bit biased. Great link and Go Tassie. Us mainlanders wont forget you ever again, very much.

• An article some may not have seen: Lark Distillery Tour @ Gourmantic

• edited November 2015

Another one and maybe 2 soon to open in Canberra I understand
    Baldwin Distilling Company (Bourbon)

Damned if I know how they're all going to survive....