StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Recipes of Nuked Products (Nuclear Whiskey / Rum)

I am working on a recipe list of Nuked Products ... any and all are welcome

IF you have something special you've made by nuking it please post it, if it has been posted before....

or if you have a specific method that's working well for you.... like a recipe using x number of grams of chips/toasted oak per liter and the process is working well please share it again with the forum.

When i get em all collected in one pile i will post all the different recipes...

Happy Stillin,

FS

Comments

• BANANA

This nuke experiment involves 1 banana, 100ml of 75% neutral and a tablespoon of sugar.

Thinly slice 1 ripe, but not mushy (and maybe mushy would have been better!) banana in a microwave safe bowl and cover with 100ml of 75% ABV clean neutral. Zap on high power for about 20 seconds. It will be very warm but not hot.
    Allow to rest for 15 to 20 minutes and repeat the zapping and resting. Do not stir.
    When cool, filter through a screen wire filter. Of the original 100ml I collected only 75ml. The discarded bananas must have soaked up the rest. The bananas became dark very fast during the nuking process.

The results were cloudy so I filtered through coffee filters and 40ml came through the filter and the rest refused so I squeezed that into a cup for testing out the blending flavor.
    Squeezing a coffee filter is just about guaranteed to give you a cloudy product.

It has a strong nose of banana!!!
    It also has an earthy taste that I don't know what to attribute that to. I took some and added a little honey water to it and all I could taste was honey so I made a simple syrup of 1/4 cup boiling water to 2 heaping tablespoons of white sugar until dissolved and another 1/4 cup of cold water to chill it down.
    I found that 40ml of the 75%ABV banana nuke, 20ml of water, 20ml of the simple syrup and a single drop of vanilla made a tasty Banana Liqueur.

SAM_2557.JPG
    600 x 450 - 50K
    SAM_2565.JPG
    600 x 800 - 82K
    SAM_2568.JPG
    600 x 450 - 60K
    SAM_2587.JPG
    600 x 800 - 88K
  • Do it with szcechuan peppercorns uncle.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Oh man, I gotta try that!

• Holiday Candycane Peppermint Stick Nukins

1 quart of 40 abv neutral or light flavored spirit, 
    4 peppermint candycanes the hard ones not the soft ones
    4 to 6 tablespoons of sugar (sweeten to taste)

Crack the candycanes up in small pieces and drop them in the moonshine, add 4 tablespoons of sugar, microwave for 2 minutes or until the product is warm to really warm. Shake it up to melt the cracked candy canes and sugar. Then let it rest and cool. Once its cool shake it again to make sure everything is dissolved.

Light a fire in the fireplace or pit and you can sip it from the jar or pour it on the rocks with a sprig of spearmint or peppermint.

Its not something you will drink gallons of but.... it is tasty and refreshing when with good company.

Happy Holidays to you all,

FS

• edited January 2014

egads szechuan pepper corn, you don't mean flower pepper? Had a recent encounter with those... That is just plain scary.....

Scanned the thread quick and was quite alarmed, I though those banana slices were mushrooms. I was wondering exactly what @Llyod had been drinking.....

• edited January 2014

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I have shared this LINK with a few people... hope this helps you with your nukin pleasures... and experiments....

Make Your Own Flavoured Schnapps @ Danish Schnapps Recipes

Happy Stillin

FS

• Put 1 liter of already oaked 150 proof corn and 2/3 cup dark roast coffee together, nuked to 150degF (65C) 3 times, letting it cool, filtered and diluted to 75 proof. Nice full coffee taste, a little sweetness from the coffee, delicious. Gonna throw a piece of vanilla bean in the next batch.

• ButterScotch Nukins

Was looking to make something for the holidays that could be enjoyed by most adults... or given as a gift... this is the first one i am sharing...

Holiday ButterScotch Vodka

750ml of clean neutral/vodka at 40 to 45 abv

22oz of "Premium" butterscotch hard candy ... i used Brachs

Put the candy in a quart mason type canning jar..

Pour the neutral over it... :roll: (for you instruction sticklers take the candy out of the plastic wrappers please...)

Nuke it in the jar, open no lid... for about 2 minutes then screw the lid on. (Just getting it warm to help melt the candy)

Shake it occasionally till the hard candy has melted.

Let it cool.

Nice clean tasting butterscotch drink for the holiday season... :thumbup:

It's good straight up, on the rocks or even in coffee...

Happy Stilling

FS

and KEEP ON NUKIN !!!

• Your Nukin method sure beats the heck out of a loooonnnng session on a stir plate :D

• Doesn't nukin it remove the alcohol? Or is it different as opposed to heating in a saucepan?

• edited November 2014

Maybe someone can give a proper explanation for the term nuking / nuked product and I'll put it in our glossary.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited November 2014

Nuking: An attempt to accelerate the maturation of spirits through direct exposure to microwave radiation and its resultant rapid heating and cooling cycles.

• This butterscotch can be filtered if need be... but in my case i was taste testing... didn't see an floaties or candy pieces

IT makes a clear yellow liqueur ... not sure that's the name/category is should be called or a schnapps but regardless..

ABV can be adjusted for personal preference as well as the amounts of butterscotch hard candy to change the flavor profile or the sweetness factor...

Tried this with a little half and half on the rocks ... quite a wow factor to it even...

• @FullySilenced: Sounds yummy! But how can I get this butterscotch sweets around here? This is something completely unknown in Austria. BTW, I also fear, I have to run A LOT to get rid of the calories, too - Oh dear... ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• @Sunshine here are a few links to butterscotch recipes ... see if you have a candy similar to this:

Old Fashion Butterscotch Recipe to see it you have a candy like this in Austria

have fun and ENJOY!

• @Sunshine Werthers Original should do it I think.

• Yes Werthers Originals hard candy will makes a fine flavored vodka as well, but are there available there..?

Werther's Originals are caramel not butterscotch though... ;) ........ :D

Caramel Vodka will be my next posted recipe BTW ....

• Holiday Spirits or on my mind...

Cinnamon Schnapps

44 fluid oz distilled water
    8 oz sugar (about a cup)
    4 fluid oz white/light corn syrup (a half cup)
    1/4 fluid oz cinnamon oil (half a Tablespoon)
    2 tsps food-grade glycerine
    8 fluid oz 190 proof neutral or PGA  
    1/4 tsp red food coloring (Optional)

Add corn syrup, sugar, and 16 oz of the distilled water to a saucepan over medium heat. Once the sugar begins to dissolve, CAREFULLY add the cinnamon oil, stirring occasionally to ensure the sugar dissolves completely. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and continue to simmer for 5 additional minutes whisking occasionally to ensure that the oil integrates into the sugar syrup completely. Take the syrup off the heat, stir in the remaining 28 oz of water along with the glycerine, and check to ensure that the temperature is well below 172F before adding the grain alcohol (the lower the better befow 100f). Add food coloring if desired and store in a glass bottle or drink it NOW!!!

Have Fun and Happy Stillin

FS

KEEP ON NUKIN