also from nz

Hi all, I am a active nz distiller with a few years experience. I did the turbo/essence thing then I found HD and UJSM and then the fun really started.

I usually experiment with UJSM Bourbon sourmash type washes

Here is my experience with Punkin and SD products

about a year ago my i bought off punkin a pot shot with long condenser, While his service was great there was a tiny pinhole leak in the long condenser and punkin immediately offered to replace the defective part at his cost and refund any shipping. I didn't take him up on his offer as it was a easy fix , and I had a wash to run.

I am looking to add to the potshot to make it into a dash type 4 plated column when funds allow.

Why I really like my SD pot shot 1- it cost less than the price off buying the materials for a DIY potstill 2- being modular I can add to it as money allows 3- time It strips a wash fast -easy to do a run after work and still be sociable to the family.

what I don't like 1- the push fit connectors weep when hot as I cant get the right size plastic tube for the cooling lines locally, if buying a SD condenser add a few metres of the SD coolant lines to your order it will save you a lot of greif and shopping around.

I always keep an eye on punkinsbrew hope for another sale on a dash and for the exchange rates to be favourable.

I think its great you have a SD focused forum now and I look forward to sharing.

Comments

• Hi 211, Punkin is a top shelf guy.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• yep- He was fast to reply on all emails, and had good advice.

• Welcome, 211.
    The guy in charge of testing all the condensers was taken out back and beaten. Since then quality has improved.

Glad you are here.

• edited June 2013

Give me a yell when you are ready for an upgrade 211, you may be suprised at the deal i can do. Especially if paypal is left out of the equation (bit hard from NZ i know).

Thanks for the kind words. That is the first ever condensor to leak world wide as far as i know since we went into full production and moved away from the prototypes.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Welcome mate, nice honest write up there. Can't get better feed back than that .

• @211 rvworldstore.co.nz/ sell 12mm John Guest pipe. $4.50 a meter. Can get red and Blue. Its a little stiffer than the quick connect set I got from punkin but works ok. They charged me $10 for shipping so $38.00 for 8 meters total.

• thanks salientlucidity, that's Ideal it is going to look a lot tidier than the shocking plumbing I have going on at the moment.

• If you go to a caravan place you should get it cheaper than that.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

edited June 2013

Sorted it punkin, googled the brand name & found a distributor nearer auckland now I have realised I have had the inserts that go inside the tubing missing from my setup so that's why they collapse when things heat up. he knew his stuff says they sell a lot for beer kegging setups etc so a small order is no problem. no more dribbly pushfits :D/ now I can finally get a water recycler tank sorted out