Distilleries in Andorra?

edited February 2015 in SD Europe

Heading to Andorra to ski, anyone know of a distillery to check out there? Ill be there for the next two weeks.

Comments

• It is the sixth smallest nation in Europe, having an area of 468 km2 (181 sq mi) and an estimated population of 85,000 in 2012.

I can only guess it's not worth it to start a distillery there. Good luck for your search, and please report back if you find one! ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited February 2015

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• you had better bring back enough for the whole class!

• Reading the fine print on the label it actually states "Distilled and bottled by Lohmann Spirituosen Berlin"

• see? no distilleries in andorra ;)

• But we nevertheless ship there, so if you find someone interested in starting the very first distillery in Andorra you can point em in our direction. ;)

• Funny enough, theres a whiskey distillery a mile away from our hotel, i will take some pics and post, we are in thr town of ransol, near soldeau

• edited February 2015

Mainly anise and other liquers, very good though, they had a bunch of brandys and whiskeys aging, didnt try any. Sign says it was opened in 1956. Looks like all iberian copper styled stills. Maybe 6 x 500 liter stills, I couldnt get much out of the distiller, he only spoke spanish or catalan, which doesnt work for me, most of my conversations around here start with "soy gringo." There was a mercantile next door that sold small stills.

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 85K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 73K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 73K
  • Heres a pano where you can see spain, andorra and france, its gotta be one of the only resorts where you can ski in 3 countries in one day

image.jpg
    13632 x 2936 - 8M