Any one know of a good SS welder in Sydney?

Hi

I want some keg welding done & as its on a fermenter want nice clean welds. Can anyone recommend a good welder - especially one who might be interested in trading services for product? B-)

Croz

Tagged:

Comments

• edited July 2016

If its ok can I see your keg fermenter as I got the same Ider with also a thermostat thanks Croz.

• Hi @Tombstone unfortunately I haven't found a welder yet, so the parts are still sitting on the shelf.

Please let me know if you can do quality SS welding or know someone who can ;)

• To bad I am from Brisbane my cousins Mate doing mine, But I'll let you know if I come across someone.

• Do a search for suppliers of SS beverage / dairy tubing and fittings. Normally they have in house welders or can refer you elsewhere.

• How extensive is the welding you need done. I may be able to help you out.

• edited July 2016

hi @si175,

I want to convert a keg into a conical fermenter. To do this I need the following done:

1. cut an 8" diameter circle in the bottom of a keg
    2. weld an 8" ferrule onto the cutout
    3. supply & fit 3 x legs onto the side of the keg

As you can see it isn't a lot, but I don't have the gear / skills to do nice clean internal welds.

Is that something you could do / be interested in doing? Please PM me if you are.

Cheers
    Crozdog

• I think you'd be better off just cutting the bottom off above the knuckle and getting a cone rolled out of sheet.
    What you've suggested will leave a prominent shelf on the inside that kinda defeats the purpose of having a conical.
    Richard had the right idea. Find out who they supply too.
    Try Carlson.

• edited July 2016

@jacksonbrown, thanks for the link.

yes there will be a bit of a shelf, but using a tooheys style keg will minimise that.

The fitting I have is shown on this thread.

• edited July 2016

Call these guys and ask for assistance or whom else to contact

M&S STAINLESS SUPPLIES PTY LTD
    Unit 4 / 2 Stoddart Road, Prospect N.S.W. 2148
    P.O. Box: 396 Seven Hills N.S.W. 2147
    Telephone: 02 8868 8288