StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Happy Birthday, StillDragon Community Forum!

Dear StillDragon Community,

Exactly one year ago, on 18th May 2013, I flipped the switch and our one and only StillDragon Community Forum, run by the StillDragon User Group, was born.

It has been an exciting year for all of us with a steadily growing number of forum members. A place for adults to have fun and talk about things important to us in a friendly atmosphere. An open minded community so civilized that we could do almost without any moderation. A distraction free environment without any external advertisements kindly supported by the StillDragon Distribution Network. The number one source for quality content with all about the use of StillDragon equipment and distilling in general.

Just in time for our first anniversary I have managed to complete some important maintenance, which includes

• the move to a new server
  • the update of all forum software components to their latest versions
  • the switch of the whole site to HTTPS secured by SSL with a new more common SSL certificate (so you don't get that warning about an "untrusted site" any more)
  • the addition of Pinterest to our social media activities
  • some minor site layout changes

Not so much on the eye, but a lot of work under the hood for a safer experience at minimal downtime which required a whole week of preparation.

As you all have seen right from the beginning our forum is a little different compared to classic (or old style) forums. It's way more intuitive and engaging than all the other bulletin boards with a confusing number of forums and sub-forums. What do you want to see when visiting a forum? New postings at first sight! I hope you have accustomed well to how things are done here, at least I wouldn't want to miss all the exciting new features our forum software has to offer any more. Tell us your thoughts about that by leaving a comment in this discussion.

It's not just about a hobby or occupation, it's a lifestyle!

All the best,

Moonshine - Your Devoted Forum Administrator

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Comments