StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Two Year Old Dunder

2»

Comments

• Back on the snake theme, I grew up in Queensland so I have a healthy respect for snakes. I spent a year in the jungle in Ghana on a mining project. Once you see a 6 foot black cobra or a green momba you get a whole new level of healthy respect.

• @captndiet said: FloridaCracker commented that you know when it is bad.....mine smells good yet.

My question would be how much in a wash ?

Exactly. When it's bad, you know it. If you have a question, then it is fine. Unless you are @punkin and then it's never fine. These are the kinds of things that keep him awake at night.

Still grieving over the loss of my dunder tank.

• @FloridaCracker I too am morning your dunder. I only finished reading that whole tread on Monday. I felt your pain at the end. I am new to the art of rum and am very much a mad scientist type of rum maker. I came across the thread when researching Dunder. your story has inspired me to always now have two dunder buckets just to had as a back up. I'm also down under so not the best tropical climate for dunder so I'm hoping the natural strains of bugs here will impart the local flavor. may i ask how did you top up the dunder pit without disturbing the top layer/crust?

giphy.gif
    319 x 214 - 616K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin HAHA its a good laugh at how skeptical you are of the bugs! I grew up in South Africa so i know how good bugs can taste. I'm hoping they can give depth to the mad scientist rum

• @RumBumm Are you still in SA. I am in JHB.

• edited August 2021

@richard, no I was there but moved to Perth 5 month ago.

• @RumBumm said: FloridaCracker I too am morning your dunder. I only finished reading that whole tread on Monday. I felt your pain at the end. I am new to the art of rum and am very much a mad scientist type of rum maker. I came across the thread when researching Dunder. your story has inspired me to always now have two dunder buckets just to had as a back up. I'm also down under so not the best tropical climate for dunder so I'm hoping the natural strains of bugs here will impart the local flavor. may i ask how did you top up the dunder pit without disturbing the top layer/crust?

I never worried about disturbing the top, I just added to it every so often. I suspect that the level was dropping because Punkin was getting some during the night when I wasn't watching.

• Was probably escaping and infecting people. Bet that's what caused all the 'florida man' stories.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @FloridaCracker thank you. i was thinking of putting a 50mm PVC pipe and then just fill it up through there. then the cap will rise and fall with the level.

PS @punkin can use it as a straw to suck off the good stuff