StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Need some Phase Angle Controller Help

2»

Comments

• So with my current pot wiring, in the full anti-clockwise knob position (i.e. off) it registered several hundred K ohms (damn DVOM battery died before i could write anything down). and in the full clockwise position it registered 0 ohms so i think i have the outside pot wire on the wrong side to match the new SD knob stickers. So when i plugged it in it was at full power and blew the ssr.

Can anyone confirm that the ssr will provide ~0 output when supplied 0 ohms of resistance from the pot and full power when supplied its rated resistance?

• I think you have it wired correctly now, think of it as 0 ohms is like closing the switch.

• @CothermanDistilling said: I think you have it wired correctly now, think of it as 0 ohms is like closing the switch.

Perfect! well it was a lot of carrying on to figure out that two wires are backwards.

Well at least someone could reference my learning curve regarding correct wire placement for the pot to match the knob and dial layout.

• @Cambo I think we all learned from your experince, thankfuly we have a lot of good fellas here that are willing to help, everything else, there's mastercard:-)

• @captainshooch said: Cambo I think we all learned from your experince, thankfuly we have a lot of good fellas here that are willing to help, everything else, there's mastercard:-)

Exactly!! Yea i'll bet @Smaug likes my mastercard! everytime i place an order to replace some burned up learning curve part somehow each order winds up being $200, (Yea i'll just get one more bubble tee, and a plate, no i'll get a 4" dephlem too, and a parrot kit AHHHHHH)
    Thats how it goes most of the time anyways