StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Easy build False Bottom for Grain Mash

So, I needed a false bottom for my grain mash bill and after looking into what is available on the ole innerweb I decided to make my own. Oh crap! here we go!!! So I purchased a section 24" x 48" of 16GA stainless 304 with 3/32 holes in a 5/32" staggered pattern. I trimmed it to 24" x 24" , cut the corners off with an angle grinder and put my good ole band saw in to work, after jurry rigging a home made guide to be able to cut circles. So away I go and I cut me a test piece out of some particle board crap, used it to ceck for fit and after some minor adjustments away to cut I go. It did not take long and my band saw blade worked just fine( It did take 1/2 can of WD40 for blade lube-coool) and I ended up with a pretty nice circle. After adding some stand offs I tried for fit and crap!!! the bottom of my barrel is not a perfect circle...not to worry, I grabbed a small hammer and made the barrel fit the false bottom :-) Never give up!!! The total price is 1/2 of NC false bottom and it fits better..

image image image image

false_bottom_1.jpg
800 x 600 - 57K
false_bottom_2.jpg
800 x 600 - 94K
false_bottom_3.jpg
800 x 600 - 80K
false_bottom_4.jpg
800 x 600 - 82K

Comments