StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Cooperville

Today is Cooperville's surgery please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!

Comments

• :-c coops see ya when ya hit the web again!

It is what you make it!

• You are in our prayers Coops.

• Hope everything went OK Coop!

• +1 to the above Coops.

• What? What surgery?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited August 2013

@Smaug said: What? What surgery?

Hey rumplestiltskin where ya been? He buggered his lowerlimb,to much surfin and boating on his time off! Lets all just give him a holler he may hear us COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

It is what you make it!

• SHHHHHHH he fell on the work boat and hurt his knee.... maybe a rogue wave did it ...

• OOOOPPPPPPS! he buggerd his lower limb at work and had to be repaireed!

It is what you make it!

• Heal up soon Coop. Getz more difficult as time passes.

• POST SCAR SURGERY PHOTO'S Here Coop..... :)

• Glad to see ya awake and able to post some coop!

It is what you make it!

• Get well Coop !!

• Hope all is well by now Coop. :)

• edited August 2013

Wow thanks so much fellas it was really nice to see this thread come up on the forum and am really taken back by all your support

I have had one hell of a trip to get to write this i will post images of the evidence so you can all gork and cringe!!

so we all get the story straight and theres no china men involved

There was an incident at work involving me and a 22mm mooring recovery chain, a 9 tonne anchor and a tugger winch

sadly i lost

i broke both my MCL and ACL ligament in my left knee and also thought i broke my left arm to boot!

all this on my second day of a 5 week swing!!!!!

got medic-vaked off the vessel and was sent to Perth for scans and x-rays

x-rays come up good

the scans show broken ligaments in left knee you beauty!!! arm was only badly bruised

surgeon puts brace on my leg so MCL can heal this is a 5 week healing

i spend 2 weeks in Perth before being cleared to fly home to see family

japan for 3 weeks which was great but you try sleeping in one of those leg braces thingy s !!!

fly back to Perth for surgery

i had the surgery on the 12th after surgery i complained of major pain in my knee but expected it to be pretty bloody sore after the knifing

get sent home with plenty of pills

after 2 days i run out of pills so i called my nurse and she got me some more

on the Friday things aren't getting much better and now im in a shitload of pain

so i ask my work to see a doc the doc sees me and sends me straight back to the hospital

and i haven't left the hospital since

i was on my back for six days and yesterday is the first day i have managed to get out of bed willingly by myself for a piss

the pain i have had to endure due to an infection in my shin and calf muscle has been excruciating

i dont wish it upon any one

below is a pic of the infection on one of its worst days you can see the bandages above are from the keyhole surgery for the ACL ligament

so after such an awesome surf trip i was pumped to get back to work and now i have six months off so i can learn to walk and get my leg back to normal

its a long road but i am pretty motivated as i cant fly until my surgeon clears me to fly

once im out of hospital and hobbling around a bit i will try and get a wash down im keen to do some vodka as i haven't got much stock for infusions

thank you fellas for your kind words and encouragement

coop.jpg
    600 x 800 - 58K
  • Thank you Coop for sharing that with us... we were worried because you hadn't posted...

take care and you will be in our thoughts...

FS

• That's some seriously swelling going on there Coops! I bet you're bored already?

All the best on a speedy recovery.

ps Did they give you a pre-op sedative?

• Well that could slow down your dancing, Coop.
    You may need to work on a slow two-step till you can boogie again.

Get well soon. (And stop staring at that pretty nurse)

• Hope you're getting paid to drink beer mate.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• yeah no beer fellas plenty of tablets i get out tommorow bout bloody time

• bout time!
    Getting tired of you not posting here.

• edited August 2013

Man I hope you have a good recovery. No mater what you do,,,,do not allow yourself to become incapable of climbing/hopping a low fence (or any fence for that matter). And for god sake man do not ever let yourself become incapable of walking on grass with out your shoes.

Godspeed and best wishes on your recovery indeed.

• edited August 2013

Good on you coops,are you going home to the Mrs.and youngen? Luck to and Damn take time to heal afore ya go dancing!

It is what you make it!

• Or even the horizontal mamba .... :P

• edited September 2013

OK Cooperville time to post something ...... hmmm like an update....

• still at the hotel few more days and i may get the go ahead to fly

got a few toys off punkin and kinda have my eye on this new gin basket :P since ive been in australia

hopefully i will have a few things going on in the shed

• Pretty sure i only have 4 coming. I have a bit of interest in the Gin Baskets so if anyone wants one set aside a preorder via pm or email might be an idea.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Nice Tats. Can I feel them, or will you show them too me (nope seen them so that just leaves the groping). :)

If it aint half off, it aint on sale!

• well Fellas I am officially going home not to sure how long it has been but it feels like about 5 weeks time to go home and play with the family and see if i can play in the shed a bit before the new bub comes into the world I will definitely be setting up the version 2 HERMS system and building out my kegerator for some cold beers also it has been probably 4 -5 months since the inception of my extract whiskey so i will be having a few sips on that and perhaps some tasting notes

• Congrats Coops. 5 weeks of all that saved up energy, ready to unleash in the brew shed. Don't forget to post pics of your HERMS and kegerator setups. I'm just about ready for my HERMES control box.

• =D> good to hear coops,enjoy your family time,your me time,and congrats on the little one!

It is what you make it!